1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Bye bye Jeff Jones

Discussion in 'News' started by DavisUberX, Mar 19, 2017.

1. DavisUberX

DavisUberX Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Jeff Jones, the president of Uber, is quitting the car-hailing company after less than a year. The move by the No. 2 exec, said sources, is directly related to the multiple controversies there, including explosive charges of sexism and sexual harassment.

(UPDATE: Uber confirmed the departure, saying in a statement: “We want to thank Jeff for his six months at the company and wish him all the best.” And, in a note to staff, Uber CEO Travis Kalanick said: “After we announced our intention to hire a COO, Jeff came to the tough decision that he doesn’t see his future at Uber. It is unfortunate that this was announced through the press but I thought it was important to send all of you an email before providing comment publicly.)

(UPDATE: Jones also confirmed the departure with a blistering assessment of the company. “It is now clear, however, that the beliefs and approach to leadership that have guided my career are inconsistent with what I saw and experienced at Uber, and I can no longer continue as president of the ride sharing business,” he said in a statement to Recode.)

http://www.recode.net/2017/3/19/149...quits-management-turmoil-ride-hailing-company

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2017
  2. TwoFiddyMile

TwoFiddyMile Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Taxi
  3. Wil_Iam_Fuber'd

Wil_Iam_Fuber'd Well-Known Member

Well that didn't take long did it? IPOs gotta be right around the corner yup yup. Hey anybody know where I can get a saddle for my Unicorn? I need to ride it away into the sunset.

4. SurgeWarrior

SurgeWarrior Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    This is priceless!! Travis, your company is a self inflicted soup sandwich! LOVING IT!!!

5. SurgeWarrior

SurgeWarrior Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Dear Jeff, Thanks for reaching out to us, we know how frustrating being the president can be. Please provide me the trip id so I can better assist you.

Uber can only be successful when presidents like you are successful!

-Manish

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017

6. FL_Dex

FL_Dex Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Jones spent much of the beginning of his tenure as the president of ride-sharing driving for Uber and meeting with drivers, after which he sent drivers an email about what he learned and what the company intends to do.

Apparently he didn't learn much out driving. Some people drive in San Francisco and think that's reality. That's San Fran, that reality doesn't translate well.

7. Mr. G

Mr. G Member

Driving:
    UberX
    What did Jeff Jones think he was joining, a picnic?

8. grams777

grams777 Moderator Moderator

He was likely given no authority and just hired as a figurehead to run as a
    blocker and take abuse. You can tell by his letter to drivers he seemed to do nothing but regurgitate the same old company line and avoid the real issues.

Uber is sick at the top. So playing the shell game with various new underling positions won't change anything.

9. PepeLePiu

PepeLePiu Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I guess having that Facebook meet with Drivers opened his eyes on how Uber looks at us, a disposable yet necessary element on their quest for global domination on the TNC.

Attached Files:

10. Gung-Ho

Gung-Ho Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
  11. Jo3030

Jo3030 Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    That's not gonna help the resume.

12. Amsoil Uber Connect

Amsoil Uber Connect Well-Known Member

After what happen yesterday, makes my day . :)

I'd like to go buy that guy a drink.

13. dirtylee

dirtylee Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Jeff Jones really had no chance. Working at Uber HQ is toxic to your resume, GL finding a decent COO with that rep.

14. Jo3030

Jo3030 Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    He was like "what have I done" when he did that online Facebook Q&A. lol

15. PepeLePiu

PepeLePiu Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Yeap, I was there and believe me, nobody was sympathetic to Uber. I don't think he ever encounter a 100% dissent among "associates". I bet he tried to make some changes but Mr. Travis should've been blocking him at all times.

16. SCdave

SCdave Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    You think he's going to put the six month gig at Uber on his Resume?

Hmmmmmm

17. Jesusdrivesuber

Jesusdrivesuber Well-Known Member

18. DelaJoe

DelaJoe Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Either one of two things happened:

1) He got a better offer elsewhere
    2) Him and Travis clashed

19. DriverX

DriverX Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Nice knowing a bunch of ****wits run the US economy. With a leader like Trump, what cold go wrong?

I wonder if 6 months was the maturity on his RSU's? LOL Jeff prolly soaked them for millions.

20. DelaJoe

DelaJoe Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    You blaming Trump for what is going on at Uber? Jeff Jones left because he is not happy with Travis and how the company is being run.

In 2015 Jeff Jones got over $7M in compensation from Target. I am not sure what he was making at Uber.