BUYING UBER SHARES

Alantc

I'm not sure if i would buy any.but if there was a way lets say,have it taken out of your pay each week.One share or however many you want to buy each week.

BlueNOX

1 share per week taken out of your pay on a fluid priced item. You do realize stock prices are in constant fluctuation due to market conditions and their changes from one millisecond to another right.

Alantc

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
1 share per week taken out of your pay on a fluid priced item. You do realize stock prices are in constant fluctuation due to market conditions and their changes from one millisecond to another right.
Yes i do.I did say if there is a way.Idid get an email from uber today about opting in on directed share program.i had to consent to uber to share contact information with there program administrator which is running the directed share program.which i will get more information on in the coming weeks.so I'll find out how this is gonna work.

Alantc

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
With all due respect, you would be an idiot to buy the stock. I have actively traded stocks for over 30 years. Why would you buy into a company losing billions a year. Please believe me, you will be able to buy it cheaper in a year. Been there, done that, lost money.
Thanks for the advice

Atom guy

There's no point in buying Uber stock at the IPO. The real winners are the venture capital guys who invested at much lower prices than the IPO will be. Look at Lyft's stock since their IPO. It briefly traded up as much as $15 per share on the IPO day, but is now trading way below. With the amount of money we are getting from the bonus, we won't be able to buy many shares, so even it we bought and got luck enough to sell right at the peak on opening day, we'd only make a few hundred bucks. Hardly worth it. Wait 6 months and see what it does. The stock price will undoubtedly fall below the IPO price

PTB

I'm not sure if i would buy any.but if there was a way lets say,have it taken out of your pay each week.One share or however many you want to buy each week.
you mean like an ESPP plan
but drivers are NOT employees !!

JimKE

Idid get an email from uber today about opting in on directed share program.i had to consent to uber to share contact information with there program administrator which is running the directed share program.which i will get more information on in the coming weeks.so I'll find out how this is gonna work.
Could you post a screenshot of that email?

It sounds more like a scam than a legitimate offer from Uber. The whole thing about sharing contact info is a HUGE red flag for fraud.

SOLA-RAH

With all due respect, you would be an idiot to buy the stock. I have actively traded stocks for over 30 years. Why would you buy into a company losing billions a year. Please believe me, you will be able to buy it cheaper in a year. Been there, done that, lost money.
Thanks for the advice
Active stock trader for 30 years, browses and posts on an uber driver forum, and admits to losing money.
You sure you wanna take that advice?

JimKE

Active stock trader for 30 years, browses and posts on an uber driver forum, and admits to losing money.
You sure you wanna take that advice?
Oh Hell no! I'd much rather take the advice of an anonymous Uber driver who knows nothing about stocks!

And what TampaGuy says above is 100% true -- if you've never lost money in the stock market, you've never owned any stock. I lost a couple hundred bucks just yesterday unwinding a purchase that hasn't worked out.

UberAdrian

No you won't, because they'll be bankrupt before then and you can't buy an unlisted company! Sell now and never buy back.

Hairytee

I guess you don't remember Amazon. They were not profitable for several years.