Buying extra things to get free delivery

sellkatsell44

I thought this was more items then food related 🤣🤣🤣

I never pay for shipping. I would ask friends/family/bf if they want anything or group purchases together. If it sells out before I get to then oh well.

I have purchased things I’m on the fence about and if irl it looks crappy then I return, it’s about 50/50 on that, and it’s usually just one item.

for delivery food, I never seem to have this issue...🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: M62

ColdRider

I've ordered shoe care items or laces if I were a few dollars away from free shipping.

Most places I shop I tend to meet the minimum without having to look for extra things to add to my cart. Most of my shoes are at least $400.

Mkang14

An 2 litre bottle of Diet Pepsi. But they brought regular Pepsi, which I had to throw away - couldn't drink it.
Diet pepsi has to be the nastiest drink🤮
Post automatically merged:

Anyone else do it? Items in cart are a few bucks away from getting free delivery. May as well buy anything for those few bucks as pay more than that for delivery. What kind of things have you bought?
Happens to me on target deals. Usually off by $1 or $2 to get the deal so I add single baby wipe packs. $1 each. I guess that not really for free delivery but to meet the criteria of coupons purchase.

If I'm shopping online I usually fill my cart with a billion things. From there I start cutting down to what I really need. Its easier on second glance. If there is a free delievery limit makes it much easier to hit.

Last edited:

The Gift of Fish

I thought this was more items then food related 🤣🤣🤣

I never pay for shipping. I would ask friends/family/bf if they want anything or group purchases together. If it sells out before I get to then oh well.

I have purchased things I’m on the fence about and if irl it looks crappy then I return, it’s about 50/50 on that, and it’s usually just one item.

for delivery food, I never seem to have this issue...🤷🏻‍♀️
Ah, this was Little Caesar's delivery. The pizza was 9 bucks; minimum for free delivery was 10 bucks.

Diet pepsi has to be the nastiest drink🤮
I hardly ever drink it, but I never drink Pepsi or Coke. There are something like 10 teaspoons of sugar in each can of these. Gross.

MHR

Anyone else do it? Items in cart are a few bucks away from getting free delivery. May as well buy anything for those few bucks as pay more than that for delivery. What kind of things have you bought?
My husband needed new shorts for work and he needed to bump up the amount for free shipping so I got some new PJs.

It seems we only run into minimum purchase problems when buying clothes online.

reg barclay

I wonder how many people has had to hose off the buns because they ran out of tp?
When everything started I had less rolls than usual at home. Bought some rolls of kitchen towel for worst case scenario. Thankfully it never got to that point, because I found facial tissues online and made do with those. Just recently able to get proper TP, but I've kind of gotten used to the tissues :unsure:.

sellkatsell44

Ah, this was Little Caesar's delivery. The pizza was 9 bucks; minimum for free delivery was 10 bucks.

I hardly ever drink it, but I never drink Pepsi or Coke. There are something like 10 teaspoons of sugar in each can of these. Gross.
I hate that shit.

but yeah ☝🏻 I’ve done that before for Chinese food delivery, I just order enough for the next nights meal.

Never had little Caesar before.

I have to admit with pizza it’s cheese from Costco, chicken garlic from round table, or the bougie ones from places like little star. Though blaze is not bad.

TheDevilisaParttimer

When everything started I had less rolls than usual at home. Bought some rolls of kitchen towel for worst case scenario. Thankfully it never got to that point, because I found facial tissues online and made do with those. Just recently able to get proper TP, but I've kind of gotten used to the tissues :unsure:.
Thank you for your contributions to DirtyCakesConfessions, any other confession out there?

13856862-bf23-4b32-8157-ec0f81ecb972_text.gif

While on the subject this reminds me of a story my ex teacher told.

Apparently one of her students father bought double ply TP and unraveled each roll to double his supply.

Uberguyken

My husband needed new shorts for work and he needed to bump up the amount for free shipping so I got some new PJs.

It seems we only run into minimum purchase problems when buying clothes online.
I love using PRIME WARDROBE they ship you all the clothes you wanna try for free for 7 days you ship back what you don't want and then pay for what you keep... They include a return shipping UPS label.... Awesome service just bought a few new shirts this week by Columbia .. love em.

MHR

I love using PRIME WARDROBE they ship you all the clothes you wanna try for free for 7 days you ship back what you don't want and then pay for what you keep... They include a return shipping UPS label.... Awesome service just bought a few new shirts this week by Columbia .. love em.
Good to know because I've been wondering about that service but hadn't tried it yet. Thanks! :thumbup:

ANT 7

I just did this today on Amazon. Bought a $3 bottle of Pine Sol to go with the mop we ordered, so I could get over the $35 free delivery threshold.

Thing is, when you check out, the bastards still charge you the max for delivery. You have to go into the order and click on a button beside EVERY SINGLE PRODUCT to get the free delivery.