• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Buying a new car need some ideas guys.

Hello all,

I drove a mini van that just took a crap on me so time for an upgrade. I was doing uber x and xl. Looking for a new car now. My choices are the following:

Acura Mdx to do select and xl.
Toyota camry save gas.
Toyota camry or Prius hybrid save even more gas.
Lexus es350 to do uber x and select.

What are you idea's and thoughts on what to buy?

Thanks

Prius. I mean cmon. I have a Prius C and it fits everyone perfectly fine. I have trunk space. I squeeze in tight spaces and its easy to get through traffic since the car is so tiny. Parking is a major plus. And besides on nights when i would haul in 400 in 5hours, spending only $1-3 on gas would always make me smile deep inside. Now i mean onviously the earnings arent that great but still, $1-3 on gas for $60 bucks, better than $20-30 on gas.

Sorry i hit post too soon. Definitely do the prius or camry. Idk anyone with a camry but i heard that one is great for uber as well. I used to have a buick park avenue ultra/supercharged and lets just say i wasnt happy about my prius initially but i did it so i could help maximize my earning by saving on gas and it hasnt bit me in the a$$ except one night when i was out for 3 hours...made i think it was 1.80 on a fare and spent $2.11 in gas. Thats the ONLY time and it was 2months ago when it was so dry out here. Now, i want to upsze my prius to the V just because i fell in love with the mileage and the car itself all around. I have two little ones and a large extended family so the V would be more after i decide not to uber anymore.
-my 2cents and then some :smiles:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Great. Thanks for the input. I really would love to save that much gas. I have my eye on a 2011 prius one. For a great deal.

Absolutely. I highly recommend any prius. The gas saving alone will blow your mind especially if youre used to a minivan. My buick took only premium! So i was completely dumbfounded that it took only 20 to fill up vs the 60-80 i was used to. I cant believe how stupid i was is what i can say about not wanting a prius sooner! My dad is a mechanic and since 16 has been trying to buy me a pruis but i always was a brat and declined...then it was time to buy a car myself and i got a prius...oh the irony. Lmfao okay ill just get back to my day so u can get some more advice on these cars lmao. Good luck! (im so bored right now lol)

quesie

Hello all,

I drove a mini van that just took a crap on me so time for an upgrade. I was doing uber x and xl. Looking for a new car now. My choices are the following:

Toyota camry save gas.

Thanks
I'm currently driving a caddy that qualifies for both Lyft and Premier. However, premier rides are few and far between. I'm looking for a used Lexus, Caddy, or Lincoln hybrid. Best of both worlds. Gas savings and Premier eligible.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have a great deal on a 2011 lexus es350, but just regular no hybrid option. Select rides I heard are not too many these days.

quesie

I have a great deal on a 2011 lexus es350, but just regular no hybrid option. Select rides I heard are not too many these days.
I quit Uber a while ago. Only doing Lyft. Need the hybrid for the gas savings.

I used to drive a Fusion hybrid and got thoroughly spoiled getting between 38-50 mpg.

Andretti

I drive a well depreciated small 5 dr hatch, getting a legit 27-28 real world Chicago Uber MPG. I love it. I would never think of Ubering a bigger car, or a thirstier car. And 5 dr hatches are amazingly versatile and functional - holding a surprisingly large amount in comparison to their size. I've never had an airport issue yet, in 400 rides and maybe 20+ airport runs.

So if I needed an upgrade, a Prius would my very first consideration.

UberTrucker

If your driving for Lyft, then no gas saving car will help you. You could drive many miles before a ping. I don't know about you but I have driven with the Lyft app on by accident while doing non stop Uber's and not til many Uber rides later, I get a Lyft, and most likely a line

I used to drive a Fusion hybrid and got thoroughly spoiled getting between 38-50 mpg.

Hello all,

Toyota camry save gas.

Thanks
I would go with with a 4cyl gas saver car spending no more than $5000 and only use it for uber. Then drive that thing into the ground.

Blackuberwarrior

I would go with with a 4cyl gas saver car spending no more than $5000 and only use it for uber. Then drive that thing into the ground.
$5000 dollars car for uber? Sweet Jesus that's a lot of money! My ride only 1200. And I thought that was a lot, ...these uber trips dont pay us that much yo! I used to be homeless so this uber thing is the best thing for me since slice bread!!!!!