Uber Drivers Forum banner

Buying a car out of state!

815 views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  Ahmed Nafis 
#1 ·
Hi, I’m planning buying car for a whole different purpose!!!!
What’s the experience of you buying a car out of state such as PA/NJ/CT (New car from dealer)??
Asking about plate getting Process, paying taxes (gotta Pay twice?) and overall experience!
Thanks all...!

#4 ·
Hi, I'm planning buying car for a whole different purpose!!!!
What's the experience of you buying a car out of state such as PA/NJ/CT (New car from dealer)??
Asking about plate getting Process, paying taxes (gotta Pay twice?) and overall experience!
Thanks all...!
Dealer gives you temp plates to drive back to NY. Pay tax once at DMV.

#11 ·
What's the experience of you buying a car out of state such as PA/NJ/CT (New car from dealer)??
Thanks all...!
Some out of state dealers will get you the plates and will collect the NYS sales tax. Some will give you a temporary plate and you will have to get nys plates and pay tax at the DMV.
Are you trying to export the car out of the country?

#14 ·
Thanks all...!
I recomend you green tree Toyota in Danbury good prices and good stuff. U buy the car they give you temp plates and do the rest when they have your nys plates they mail you or you can drive there to get it .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.