• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

But wait... Hold on... But wait...

Waquiber

What's up with college kids and their "but wait" and "hold on".

I just got pinged at a college campus. Found the pax and she asked me to wait while she gets her companion.
There were 4 college kids in my Prius. As we were about to leave, the pax said, "but wait", a small college girl came running out of the dorm. Told them that's already 5, I can only take 4, they need to call another uber. Then she said again "hold on", another college boy was running out of the dorm and running towards us. I said now you got 6 . Are you kidding me I have to cancel you if you don't get another x. But then there always the rub. Of course only 1 of them has an uber account. I asked them if they were going to drive to where they were going , how many cars will you take, they said 2. Told her enough said, asked them to step out and "swipes arrived". I'm still trying to get my $4 from uber.

These college kids are always trying to pull this "but wait" and "hold on" that you know they are doing it on purpose.

Have you guys experienced this.

Waquiber

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I know where the kids from this college want to go (90% of the time) and it's almost always a solid $18 fare, 10 mins trip. That's the only reason I go there. I don't go to the other college (Lehigh) with always drunk and minimum trips.

Waquiber

Just checked the partner website and the b1tch just related me 1* for not taking her and her 5 friends.

HiFareLoRate

If trip has started and ended, you're only getting $2.40-60.

Should of dumped their axxess when you sensed trouble in the first place instead of hitting start trip.

Michael - Cleveland

had this again (twice) tonight.
But one of the rides was a complete shocker.

5 pax - only going about 2 miles, to a club.
I told the kids, max 4... and suggested they order another car -
or I could take 3 and come back for the other 2.

For the first time in more than a year I hear 'ok'
without giving me any grief. I dropped off the first 3,
returned and picked up the remaining 2, sure they would be complaing...
but they weren't - they were fine.
And I nearly fell over when the last kid out of the car reached forward and dropped a $4 tip on the front seat and said 'thanks'.

Maybe there is hope for us all?

Last edited:

TwoFiddyMile

This has been happening in the cab business for years.
Got gamed by a voucher customer yesterday. "Hold on, gimme few minutes". 15 minute wait on $17 adjusted gross voucher.
Gamed him back.
"I gotta go to Walmart! ".
Me-"Voucher pays to your hotel. I run the meter from the hotel and you PAY me!"

4 stops and 30 miles later homie had his AC to DC adapter. $91.50. On his company credit card.
PLUS the voucher.
Who's the master gamer?

tripAces

I had people try this. That is trying to take more then I can.
I tell them the Law on seat belts. Then tell them the rules I have to follow so the insurance is good.
I tell them for the 1mil policy to cover I have to follow the rules of carrying just 4 pax. If I don't any claims will be tough to get paid plus I will get fired.

Most understand and get a 2nd Uber. The rest just sob and figure it out. I offer first time rider card also to them.

Waquiber

It would have been easy if it was all before the trip started. We were already backing up of the parking lot wit's the trip already started. Those kids came out as I was backing out and now I have 1* and uber does want to reverse it only saying that it will eventually even out. The heck it would. It will take at least 30-40 trips with 5* to recover from that and "balance" it out. I only drive weekends and with the way my market has turned, that would probably take me a month or more.

tripAces

It would have been easy if it was all before the trip started. We were already backing up of the parking lot wit's the trip already started. Those kids came out as I was backing out and now I have 1* and uber does want to reverse it only saying that it will eventually even out. The heck it would. It will take at least 30-40 trips with 5* to recover from that and "balance" it out. I only drive weekends and with the way my market has turned, that would probably take me a month or more.
If you are around 4.8 don't sweat it. Also just remember who it is. And cancel her from here on out.
We all get issues with some pax. I think most of us take a hit because of "this one time with a pax".

Waquiber

I know but sometimes it's just the principle of it. That people should know and accept when they are wrong. They know they were wrong since I asked them how many cars they would take if they drive there and they said 2. Duh.
They ended up driving there since they went into 2 cars after they got out.
As bad as it sounds i just can't wait for these kids or anyone driving drunk to get DUI / DWI tickets since that road to go to the bars often has sobriety check points on it.

UberLou

My door stays locked and no one enters until the entire party has arrived. I don't get fooled by this anymore. If I see more than two standing and waiting I ask "How many am I taking tonight" I do this is a very up tempo professional way. When I first started I had someone put 4 riders in my car. I started the trip, confirmed address, began to drive when they shouted wait we have two more. This was obviously planed.

UberLou

It is impossible to know the rating came from her. Likely true but impossible to know for sure.
When we had the 7 day option it was easy to back into who rated you for each trip, if you in fact made notes. I am sure this is why they removed the 7 day rating option. I usually am able to figure out who rated me poorly.

Uber Kraus

When we had the 7 day option it was easy to back into who rated you for each trip, if you in fact made notes. I am sure this is why they removed the 7 day rating option. I usually am able to figure out who rated me poorly.
Usually I'm in agreement with you but it is impossible to be 100% and you know this to be true.

Uber Kraus

1. Uber is nothing without the drivers.
2. If we organize WE would have the power to change OUR circumstances.
3. Uberfreedom was a good start, WE need to keep the momentum going.
4. Check out UNITED APP BASED WORKERS on Facebook.
5. If you are a NEWBIE read your partner agreement you have 30 days to opt out of binding arbitration.
6. If you have been deactivated or are in fear of being deactivated please contact:
Lichten & Liss-Riordan p.c.
729 boylston st. Suite 2000
Boston mass 02116-2639
617-994-5800 sliss@llrlaw.com
This is a law firm that is taking on uber lawsuits.
Thank you for your time.
Remember you gotta uberoff so you can uber on !
Start a new thread! Donnie!

UberLou

Usually I'm in agreement with you but it is impossible to be 100% and you know this to be true.
Well then I am 96% sure I know who rated me poorly in the rare occasion it happens. I have had 19 non 5 star ratings in my last 500 trips.