• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Business

Nerka

Business has picked up since mid-February (Thank god). Writers conference this week had a lot of fun (but low tipping) PAX. I forgive them, my brother is a writer. At one point Lyft actually offered kick ass surge pricing at the airport (10-15) per ride. Suddenly it is gone...Uber had some decent surges as well, but that has been reduced so I avoid the airport. your going to have to pay me $$$ to wait in that cue. Moda center even more. I turn Lyft off at the Moda because they don't offer surge.

Mista T

Author
I still find business to be hit or miss. I went out Friday and only made $200 for 10 hours. Barely covers gas and maintenance allowance. Saturday I drove the same 10 and made about $350, had a couple nice tips. Sunday I was out for 1.5 hours and gave one ride for just under $10; said enuf of this crap and went home.

Still a wildcard for me :frown:

Nerka

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
For Friday and Saturday, what time period do you drive? For Friday I drove maybe 5 hours and make $100. For Saturday I drive maybe 6-7 and make maybe $140. Airport runs seem a little dry.

Mista T

Author
I start sometime in the afternoon, usually 2 or 3. And I go until somewhere between 1 and 3am, depending on when I get a ride that takes me in the direction of home.

I would stay out later, but can't count on the DF to take me home. And with the upcoming changes (being tested in Dallas and other cities) it looks like we are going to get paid LESS for using DF than a regular ride pays. We already get paid less with the Lyft DF - they won't pay ANY surge, guaranteed, when you turn on DF.

So, when I get a ride that heads in the proper direction, I call it quits. Don't want to take the chance of getting stuck in Forest Grove or Camas at 3am and have to deadhead home - would rather miss out on $10-30 of earnings by quitting early.

Nerka

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wow. Interesting. I wonder how long this can continue? The pay keeps getting lower and lower. The only hope for them I see is if the economy gets bad and people are forced to get cash flow from their vehicles. For people looking for money, this gig gets worse and worse. They I am putting my resume out.