• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Business license

DelaK

I never paid my fees last year and I just got a bill from SF saying that I owe over $1000 dollars. Will uber/lyft deactivate me for not paying? I also read that if you don't live in that city you don't have to pay?

Uber's Guber

Uber only cares if your business license(s) are current. If you owed penalties to San Francisco, the city can choose to revoke any current business license you have until penalties are paid.
If you do business in SF, you need a license regardless of where you claim residency.

GoBucks

I just received a bill for over $1400 from SF and I haven't even driven in the city for the past 2 years.... there's a $1200 item charge and the notice doesn't even say what that a for...

DelaK

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I just received a bill for over $1400 from SF and I haven't even driven in the city for the past 2 years.... there's a $1200 item charge and the notice doesn't even say what that a for...
SF isn't charging people for business license anymore but I'm not sure if you still have to pay. The $1200 item charge is probably all the late fees added up. I got a similar bill and I paid it =(

djnsmith7

Excellent question, and it's one I've been wondering about as well.

According to California Bill SB-182, which passed the Senate on 9/11/17 & was approved by the Governor on 10/13/17, rideshare drivers are only required to obtain one business license in the local jurisdiction in which the driver is domiciled, and will be applicable for all California jurisdictions.

This bill would prohibit any local jurisdiction, as defined, that requires a driver, as defined, to obtain a business license, as defined, to operate as a driver for a transportation network company, from requiring that driver to obtain more than a single business license, as specified, regardless of the number of local jurisdictions in which the driver operates. The bill would require the driver to obtain a business license in the local jurisdiction in which the driver is domiciled, except as specified.