• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Bus stop

Inshur

Tibet

Are we allowed to pick up at bus stop. It happen today.i pick up passenger.it took me like second to pick pax.and bus driver talk me that camera took a picture. $115. any bus driver look happy

tommy4689

Bus drivers don't take pictures lol. There is a team at MTA that reviews the footage 24/7 and is able to issue summons for blocking the lane only on certain routes though.

tommy4689

The camera only records video no pictures but it's possible you'll get a ticket maybe you won't wait and see. If the bus driver said he shits out gold bricks would you believe him too?

unitxero

UBER Emp #2266971
I thought some bus drivers have the ability to take a photo if you are blocking the lane?
They do, sometimes they'll honk for you to move out the way before they take the photo, sometimes they don't and tag you without warning and change lanes. If you double park and don't move for sure you'll get tagged.

We've all had that pax that puts a pin on a bus stop. The only safe spot is the nearest traffic sign after/before the bus stop but sometimes you just have to sit on the stop for a brief moment, if a bus comes just move and let the timer keep ticking, collect your cancel fee.

burgerflipper

you wont get a ticket unless two different buses took pics of you in the same spot on the same day. those cameras go off automaticaly when they open the door but you are allowed to wait at a bus stop if necessary for 15 seconds as long as youre not loading or unloading luggage

If you double park and don't move for sure you'll get tagged.
I usually just pull out and double park when i see a bus coming, ive never gotten a ticket. i dont think the city can give you a double parking ticket based on photographic evidence. i think youre safer being double parked than you are waiting at a bus stop

Uberman8263

Bus drivers don't take pictures lol. There is a team at MTA that reviews the footage 24/7 and is able to issue summons for blocking the lane only on certain routes though.
Only on first and second Aves in Manhattan.This was mentioned in the NYT last week.I wanted to mention it but I do not know how to post it. Last time I mention without posting I received to much flock for not posting.

burgerflipper

Only on first and second Aves in Manhattan.This was mentioned in the NYT last week.I wanted to mention it but I do not know how to post it. Last time I mention without posting I received to much flock for not posting.
1&2 ave, 34th street, fordham road, nostrand, hylan blvd, and "an unspecified bus route in Queens". i just did the research. no other bus lanes have cameras. cameras are turned off from 7pm to 7am. albany literally dictated to nyc which bus lanes were allowed to have cameras and the 7am thing. could be other bus lanes are still risky due to bus cameras but maybe Beach1967 is right

Stateni

All the express buses have dash cam cameras like us.
They actually started putting them 5 yrs ago during the time of Bloomberg but there was legal red tape back then.
After vision zero and some other stuff it became possible.

If you're on XPress bus route on a bus lane ( e.g. X10 Madison Avenue - lots of Xs down Broadway ) you may get timestamped with a touch of button by the driver where later they check the footage and if you're wrong ticket it and send you the mail.

Last edited:

Beach1967

You won’t get a ticket from ANY bus. Some busses have driver cameras and are date and time stamped to check if a driver is reported to be on a phone or other safety violation. If anyone has gotten a ticket from a bus please show a photo of it. I believe this rumor has gone around to scare drivers. If it were true I would have paid many tickets...lol