BUS DRIVERS giving us TICKETS!?

Ubering

I was picking up a pax that lived right in front of a bus stop. There was no other place to stop in the area so i stopped in front of the place / bus stop. As soon as the pax was coming out, a bus came... So i moved out of the way a bit, then the pax proceeded to get in, but had mentioned that he saw the bus driver what appeared to be taking a pic of my car / license plate from a phone.

I was like... Seriously!?

Have you heard of this? Bus drivers taking pics of license plate for potential tickets??

NASCAR1991

I was picking up a pax that lived right in front of a bus stop. There was no other place to stop in the area so i stopped in front of the place / bus stop. As soon as the pax was coming out, a bus came... So i moved out of the way a bit, then the pax proceeded to get in, but had mentioned that he saw the bus driver what appeared to be taking a pic of my car / license plate from a phone.

I was like... Seriously!?

Have you heard of this? Bus drivers taking pics of license plate for potential tickets??
100 percent. Some got cameras installed. Everyone Has it out for uber drivers

Last edited by a moderator:

Ubering

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
So its from a camera on the front of the bus? It was at night so i didnt see it.

Damn! Then i think i got a ticket!

Ubering

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
How much? Did the bus driver take the pic or the bus had a camera? What is your appeal reason? I would like to fight it as well.

NASCAR1991

How much? Did the bus driver take the pic or the bus had a camera? What is your appeal reason? I would like to fight it as well.
Well in sf i guess 288....east bay 260.
Appealing hard...3 way process....due to...
First letter u write them 99 percent they dont even read them and will say u need to pay. Second you can request administrative review...most of the time shit as well. Then you need to take them to a real court and thats where 90 percent of the time no one shows up and you good to go.
Easy way out if for some reason there is mistake on a ticket like...wrong car color or something is off..its get dropped right away.

dnlbaboof

this is why i avoid the city like the plaugue. so many spoiled pax who dont have the courtesy to say " hey ill meet you at the curb and not in a no stopping zone"

dnlbaboof

appeals wont work, uber changing the rating system will, we should be able to tell pax under no circumstances will i pick or drop off in a no stopping or bus zone, but because they can 1 star us we are whipped puppies

NASCAR1991

this is why i avoid the city like the plaugue. so many spoiled pax who dont have the courtesy to say " hey ill meet you at the curb and not in a no stopping zone"
Most dont know since others stop for them.
I never even think of doing that.
If see them at the bus stop waiving their phone at me...open windwo and tell them to go past the bus zone. If they refuse which is rare...keep going.
Uber app shows bus stops...if u see it...text ahead to tell them to move

Last edited by a moderator:

soupergloo

there was no bus .. mine was at Caltrain and they have some loser standing there writing down everyone's license plates. I saw the guy getting my info while he was running across the street with coffee in his hand, but I pulled away immediately so I know there's no way he could have gotten a clear picture of my plate. I wrote a letter for my appeal (denied), and now I have to pay the $288 fine + $25 fee for trying to fight it in court. I'm telling them another driver cut me off forcing me to enter the bus stop to avoid being hit.

Uberbrethren

Uber and Lyft really should educate SF passengers on issues such as the red bus lanes, bus stop pickups/drops, Market Street pickups/drops and esp. CalTrain. I tell virtually each passenger that gets in the car and most are not aware of those things. Some say "I've heard that" and a very small percentage say emphatically, "yes, I know." I am certain I have gotten some poor ratings because I won't pickup or drop off people in illegal spots. We are making $4 per ride in many instances. Getting a big ticket is a back-breaker.

soupergloo

Uber and Lyft really should educate SF passengers on issues such as the red bus lanes, bus stop pickups/drops, Market Street pickups/drops and esp. CalTrain. I tell virtually each passenger that gets in the car and most are not aware of those things. Some say "I've heard that" and a very small percentage say emphatically, "yes, I know." I am certain I have gotten some poor ratings because I won't pickup or drop off people in illegal spots. We are making $4 per ride in many instances. Getting a big ticket is a back-breaker.
I can understand why Lyft/Uber doesn't care about educating passengers .. they're not the ones that have to pay the fine when the drivers get ticketed. and if you refuse to pick-up a passenger in an illegal spot, their entitled asses get offended and rate you poorly even though they were the ones in the wrong.

we're constantly put in lose/lose situations

dnlbaboof

they know they just dont care

dnlbaboof

without the PDB's driving 20 minutes for 2miles of pay and the risk of tickets is a joke, but if your going for that 80 trips then its worth it