Burning Man Dust

uber87j

I had a group of people get in my car at a union square hotel. They had five big suitcases literally caked in thick dust. We filled my trunk and had to put the rest on my front seat my trunk was filled with dust as well as my front seat. I took pictures and submitted a cleaning fee. I got $40. But would you guys do? Don't you think the riders should have wiped off their suitcases before they ordered a ride, especially since they were at a hotel, common decency? I have been seeing a lot of people at the airport with Dusty suitcases, have you?

Uber Crack

Author
I had a group of people get in my car at a union square hotel. They had five big suitcases literally caked in thick dust. We filled my trunk and had to put the rest on my front seat my trunk was filled with dust as well as my front seat. I took pictures and submitted a cleaning fee. I got $40. But would you guys do? Don't you think the riders should have wiped off their suitcases before they ordered a ride, especially since they were at a hotel, common decency? I have been seeing a lot of people at the airport with Dusty suitcases, have you?
More importantly... Why wasn't I at Burning man!? :rolleyes:

IndyCon

I wouldn't get in a friend's car covered in dirt much less a strangers car. Common decency is right, they knew their stuff was filthy, they didnt think it mattered if they got tour car filthy as well. They should feel fortunate to get off for $40.

Whistler

Thankfully I only had one brain-dead entitled idiot with a suitcase encased in dust ... how could you NOT try to clean the exterior of your stuff ???

Strange Fruit

Thankfully I only had one brain-dead entitled idiot with a suitcase encased in dust ... how could you NOT try to clean the exterior of your stuff ???
I got a trip. The woman cleaned all the dust out of the back when they got out. And didbit happily, not smugly. I was too slow to stop them in the beginning and she saw my face. Naturally, these weren't americans. Or it would have been done smugly, if at all, to punish me for making a face.

emmhope

In this case you are to blame and you shouldn't be complaining ! You had every right to cancel the ride yet you did not lol I'm not sure you deserve a cleaning fee for something you did willingly.

Misunderstood Pirate

Why even take those ppl? Politely decline and explain that the dust is too hard to clean.

Uberpoordriver

That's dust is stuck in those suit cases your luck you got a $40 tip lmao but honestly I would cancel and suggest they request an uber xl

tohunt4me

Bet they would wipe them if it were their cars.
Burning man is very dusty.
Check for BUGS ALSO !

Its on my Bucket list.
I will make it there 1 day.

It is the Woodstock of art and sculpture.
Then all is burned . . .

I don't wash my dishes. Waste of time
Dishes ?

More importantly... Why wasn't I at Burning man!? :rolleyes:
Yes !
Thats what i am talking about !

The dust is highly alkaline, thus corrosive.

It also has silica dioxide particles in it which are unhealthy to breathe.
Just like the flat latex paint on your walls.
Oxygen OXIDISES your lungs and KILLS you !

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-09-07-06-40-32.png
    Screenshot_2017-09-07-06-40-32.png
    66.2 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot_2017-09-07-06-43-46.png
    Screenshot_2017-09-07-06-43-46.png
    84.9 KB · Views: 34
  • Screenshot_2017-09-07-06-44-21.png
    Screenshot_2017-09-07-06-44-21.png
    85.9 KB · Views: 34
  • Screenshot_2017-09-07-06-46-00.png
    Screenshot_2017-09-07-06-46-00.png
    95.2 KB · Views: 44
  • Screenshot_2017-09-07-06-47-45.png
    Screenshot_2017-09-07-06-47-45.png
    130.4 KB · Views: 39

Uber Crack

Author
Bet they would wipe them if it were their cars.
Burning man is very dusty.
Check for BUGS ALSO !

Its on my Bucket list.
I will make it there 1 day.

It is the Woodstock of art and sculpture.
Then all is burned . . .

Dishes ?

Yes !
Thats what i am talking about !

Just like the flat latex paint on your walls.
Oxygen OXIDISES your lungs and KILLS you !
Thats IT! I'm going next year :biggrin:

uber87j

The dust is their badge of honor. Like a big "I voted" sticker. Like the cars you see coming back from the mountains covered in snow. They want you to know they were there.
In this case you are to blame and you shouldn't be complaining ! You had every right to cancel the ride yet you did not lol I'm not sure you deserve a cleaning fee for something you did willingly.
It's not just about me receiving a cleaning fee. It's more about teaching them a lesson. Maybe next time they will be more decent and respectful of other people's cars

Misunderstood Pirate

It's not just about me receiving a cleaning fee. It's more about teaching them a lesson. Maybe next time they will be more decent and respectful of other people's cars
Next time cancel and drive away. That will teach them lesson. Even with $40 cleaning fee you barely made what a taxi would get. Lol. Ask mr Cabby

MHR

All I know about Burning Man is what I've read on UP.

What the hell is it?