• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Burned twice accepting 1 hour old order Superbowl weekend

Androidcoder

Minneapolis offered some rare hourly guarantees for UberEats on the Saturday before the Superbowl. This included $18 per hour from 11am-2pm and $22 per hour starting at 5pm and continuing overnight. This was unprecedented as they only offered an hourly guarantee once before here, for our first snowstorm. Despite sub-zero windchills and being on a bicycle, I decided to to go for it. I survived 3 lunch runs and 1 dinner run. I accepted all pings which should have well qualified me for the 60 percent acceptance and 1 order per hour requirement. Also there was a 1.8x boost for 11-2 and a 2x boost for 5-9, also unprecedented for Minneapolis.

The first order I got at 11:02am, immediately on signing on. I always get screwed the first order of a boost period, as it's usually an old order that's been turned down a few times. Well, this order had apparently been backed up since 10:03am, as that was the time they put for it after I had finally completed it. It was Nicolet Diner, notorious already for long waits. They told me they weren't doing UberEats orders because of the Superbowl and to forget it. I don't see any 'help' options for an order until after it's accepted. I probably should have accepted the phantom order right there so I could get a 'help' option and hopefully get support to cancel it without it counting against me for the promo.

Instead I convinced the diner to do it, but they put it on the end of a 20 order queue so I waited 45 minutes. Because it eventually got credited as being taken at 10:03am instead of 11:02am, I not only missed the 1.8x boost, but did not qualify for the $18 an hour for any of my work time from 11:02 till about 1:30. After daily messages to support, with responses like 'send a screenshot', 'wait till wednesday', 'wait a week', 'wait longer', I finally got a response saying I only did .85 orders per hour, apparently because they didn't count the first 11:02am order that got put down as 10:03am. I'll likely have to just give up on this like for many similar screwings by UberEats. But this one I really got burned in multiple ways, serves me right for nearly catching my death helping out on a bike in very cold weather for the Superbowl.

uberscreenshot_2_3_18.png

Attachments

Last edited:

BillC

If Uber paid me enough to quit my day job and make up losing my health insurance and PTO, then and only then would I accept taking UberEats.

And on a bike in the middle of winter? I would demand a 6 figure yearly salary (not wages) before doing that. HELL to the no.

But this one I really got burned in multiple ways, serves me right for nearly catching my death helping out on a bike in very cold weather for the Superbowl.
I hope you learned your lesson. Uber on a bike is an absolute fools game. Downtown in a car is hard enough. Throw in snow and a national event? No way no how.

rideshareMN

I will say this...you are a beast doing Eats in the snow on a BIKE....best of luck to you! it's not right you got cheated out of that hourly guarantee in this instance, hopefully you'll get a karmic good run soon to make up for it.

10G

That earning is just sad. Uber don't give a F**k about you or anyone. You got taken advantage of doing ubereat.
You need to take responsibility for your own action. Doing ubereats in the first place is your own fault. Even 18 or 22 an hour is not good enought for ubereats.

Birchum

I'd certainly rethink my position if the average were actually $20 an hour. But as we've heard and/or seen first hand, it's far from reality, hence all the backlash.

rideshareMN

everyone seems pretty high up on their horse to chastise the OP; in this instance, he's chasing $18-$22/hour guarantee WITHOUT using up gas or devaluing an automobile; I don't judge how others try to make ends meet, and I appreciate the fact that he posted actual numbers and provided nice detail of the situation in his post

Mikejay

everyone seems pretty high up on their horse to chastise the OP; in this instance, he's chasing $18-$22/hour guarantee WITHOUT using up gas or devaluing an automobile; I don't judge how others try to make ends meet, and I appreciate the fact that he posted actual numbers and provided nice detail of the situation in his post
He chased it and made ten dollars an hour. Not including the time he was waiting for the pings. He comes on here every once in a while and talks about crappy Eats. He responds to no one and then just keeps making random comments on his own post. rideshare you should know this you have seen it.