• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Buh bye

Lovelife

Got a ping this morning for uber pool for 20 minute ride. Pull up and texted I have arrived. He texted back be right there. Wait time runs out but I wait another 30 seconds since he responded. No sign of pax so I cancel. As I am pulling out of parking lot he waves at me. I told him I cancelled as I wave him good bye. Had he ordered uber x he would have made it out before his time ran out. Not to mention I probably would have waited for him if it was uber x. About a minute later I get another ping. I accept and it's the same pax. I cancel because he might give me bad rating for cancelling on him. What have you done in similar situations?

MyJessicaLS430

You handled the situation correctly.

The reason for not having pool in Houston is that not only because there is too much land but also nobody is willing to drive with a rate below $0.6/mile. Yes, this is the X rate here.

Getting $3.75 from cancellation is far better than a minimum fare for $2.28 or a long trip wasting my time and gasoline IMHO. I start to drive away when the timer hits 0230.

If it takes me 5 mins to arrive and customers are given 2 mins notification and another 3 by the timer, it makes no sense that they need more than 10 mins to be ready at the curb!

dnlbaboof

you wait a couple extra minutes, youre being paid if its the second pool pickup, plus losing out on the extra pax you lose a dollar plus all the extra miles hell give you on the trip, plus if you have another pax they feel the pain of pool which they deserve, he/she could file all kinds of false reports, as he or she will be disgruntled.

In your case since its the first pickup and he did say hell be right there I would have just waited, its not worth all the hell he could raise with false reports. plus you risk not getting a ping for another 20 minutes, I would have only left if it was a busy street if it was parking lot I would have waited

Cary Grant

I shuffled some open-container carrying dudes on Uber the other day. They called, texted, yelled, did they drunk-angry pax dance, because I was waiting out the timer while they stood there after I refused to let them in, and they refused to cancel. At the 30-second-to-go mark, I drive off, round the corner, and before I hit the cancel button to collect the tax, I get a Lyft request. Same dudes, same address.

Double dipped 'em. Collected $9 for slightly less than 10 minutes waiting.

As a rule, I don't tax twice on the same pax, although it has happened. If I cancel, I'll decline/ignore a second request from that pax. I prefer to avoid the 1-star I get for picking them up after they paid me extra for waiting.

One lady paid three cancel fees to me, although I completed short trips in between her requests. She kept canceling after two minutes, but before I showed up. Same strange name, same pickup location, same mug shot. I took her $15.

TPAMB

Had that happen once. Got into the "what's my name?" crap with a pax wife. He said, come on honey, let's go and gave me $5 cash. i waited and cancelled. As I driove away, got a ping from the same location. Cancelled.

rkozy

When I shuffle I go offline and just work the other platform until I'm pretty sure I'm in the clear. Some people pay no attention and might not even realize you're the same driver who shuffled them, but I don't want to take that chance.
In my market, many passengers will use both platforms to price shop and see which one can get them a driver more quickly. There are not an abundance of drivers where I live. Needless to say, I've had encounters with pax who were shuffled on one platform and then popped up on the other one.

Plus, I have a distinct car with personalized license plates. It's rough driving in a smaller market. For many reasons.

Nats121

You handled the situation correctly.

The reason for not having pool in Houston is that not only because there is too much land but also nobody is willing to drive with a rate below $0.6/mile. Yes, this is the X rate here.

Getting $3.75 from cancellation is far better than a minimum fare for $2.28 or a long trip wasting my time and gasoline IMHO. I start to drive away when the timer hits 0230.

If it takes me 5 mins to arrive and customers are given 2 mins notification and another 3 by the timer, it makes no sense that they need more than 10 mins to be ready at the curb!
Paying drivers a $2.28 minimum fare is highway robbery, worsened by the fact that uber and lyft's booking fee is $2.95.
Post automatically merged:

Cancel and Collect.

The best shuffle is the paid shuffle.
The ONLY shuffle is a paid shuffle.