• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Buh-Bye Amazon Restaurant deliveries

UberPasco

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Seriously?​
Amazon Flex
AMAZON RESTAURANTS UPDATE
Amazon Restaurants will be closing later this month. After June 24th, you will no longer see offers for Restaurants deliveries.
You will continue to see blocks for all the other programs that Amazon Flex Delivery Partners support: Amazon.com, Prime Now, and Whole Foods.
If you have any questions, please contact Support.

IR12

Idea was stupid to start but to have 7-11 grade food was even more stupid.

I'll bet Amazon leaves landlord's stuck & they'll have to sue to get projected rents due.
In the end Amazon will win as they have deep enough pockets to tie landlord's up in court for decades.
Post automatically merged:

Seriously?​
Amazon Flex
AMAZON RESTAURANTS UPDATE
Amazon Restaurants will be closing later this month. After June 24th, you will no longer see offers for Restaurants deliveries.
You will continue to see blocks for all the other programs that Amazon Flex Delivery Partners support: Amazon.com, Prime Now, and Whole Foods.
If you have any questions, please contact Support.
👍👍👍

UberPasco

Idea was stupid to start but to have 7-11 grade food was even more stupid.

I'll bet Amazon leaves landlord's stuck & they'll have to sue to get projected rents due.
In the end Amazon will win as they have deep enough pockets to tie landlord's up in court for decades.
Post automatically merged:

👍👍👍
You do know that it was Amazons version of Ubereats and not a chain of physical restaurants, right????

BigJohn

Up until yesterday afternoon's email from "Amazon Flex" and since it never made it to any part of Southern California, I had no idea of what that was or how it would ever be related to Amazon Flex.

Looks like it was something purely experimental since it was in only a few areas.

UberPasco

Up until yesterday afternoon's email from "Amazon Flex" and since it never made it to any part of Southern California, I had no idea of what that was or how it would ever be related to Amazon Flex.

Looks like it was something purely experimental since it was in only a few areas.
"Amazon Restaurants, which customers in nearly 200 cities in the United States use to order from local restaurants, will officially close on June 24."
Been in Tampa since Oct. 2016. Used to be 'on call' blocks, then they started "Instant Offers" sometime last year. Death really started when they raised the delivery charge / minimum order amount. It was always skewed towards higher end and specialty restaurants that never had delivery before. And the delivery circle was huuuuuge.

cvflexer

I sometimes cannot believe how some people can live with their head so far up their ass. How can someone participate in a program that they have no idea what it does. So... LA and San Diego are not in SoCal or WTF?

Last edited:

oicu812

You only know the logistics side of Flex. Prime Now side includes PN, Restaurants, Fresh (not all areas) and Whole Foods.