Buffet on Ubers IPO

Sandhills

“In 54 years, I don’t think Berkshire has ever bought a new issue,” Buffett told CNBC’s Becky Quick on Monday.

“The idea of saying the best place in the world I could put my money is something where all the selling incentives are there, commissions are higher, the animal spirits are rising, that that’s going to better than 1,000 other things I could buy where there is no similar enthusiasm … just doesn’t make any sense,” he added.

“I’m not saying that what we’re buying is going to work out better, but there have to always be better things than one single issue.”

MickeyMantleLegend

“In 54 years, I don’t think Berkshire has ever bought a new issue,” Buffett told CNBC’s Becky Quick on Monday.

“The idea of saying the best place in the world I could put my money is something where all the selling incentives are there, commissions are higher, the animal spirits are rising, that that’s going to better than 1,000 other things I could buy where there is no similar enthusiasm … just doesn’t make any sense,” he added.

“I’m not saying that what we’re buying is going to work out better, but there have to always be better things than one single issue.”
He's the man, so I'd be listening.

Sandhills

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hahahaha @@@@er truckers
Post automatically merged:

Lol I wrote funny

'funny truckers'

Apollo

Lyft shares finished on a record low of $52.91 this morning.I think they are now down by about 27% from the original listing price.I stand to be corrected if I'm wrong. :redface:

ubermercury

Buffet’s comments are about IPOs in general so I think the header is misleading.

Sandhills

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Misleading is when I tell pax just walk around to the boot to get free mints and water...then drive off

Old marbles was right

Uber goes into reverse as first day stock price disappoints

Yay!

Immoralized

It finished at $41.57. :eek:
Did you make money? :biggrin:

Oh, the irony.
No surge for Uber stock sellers.
Welcome back, Karma.
Uber tried to make it so but they had a lot more sellers trying to cash out when they bought it in the single dollars and try to get as far away from the titanic as possible onto the life boats :redface: Those early investors can finally get a peaceful night sleep...

Now Uber has another eight billion to throw into their SDC :roflmao: At least with the new cash injection they are going to be around for the next three years. The ants can get a peaceful night sleep again too. Everyone has job security for at least 3 years.

Apollo

Oh, the irony.
No surge for Uber stock sellers.
Welcome back, Karma.
It took over 2hrs for them to finally start trading at $42.At one stage due to the delay it almost looked like they were going to cop a cancel and charge from the stock exchange. :sneaky:

Did you make money? :biggrin:

Uber tried to make it so but they had a lot more sellers trying to cash out when they bought it in the single dollars and try to get as far away from the titanic as possible onto the life boats :redface: Those early investors can finally get a peaceful night sleep...

Now Uber has another eight billion to throw into their SDC :roflmao: At least with the new cash injection they are going to be around for the next three years. The ants can get a peaceful night sleep again too. Everyone has job security for at least 3 years.
No.I only invest in Aussie shares.

Last edited:

RoboRider

No.I only invest in Aussie shares.
I can understand not directly investing in overseas shares as it can be difficult but without international exposure you are missing out on 95+% of the available equity market ... hopefully you at least hold some international share ETF's?

Apollo

I can understand not directly investing in overseas shares as it can be difficult but without international exposure you are missing out on 95+% of the available equity market ... hopefully you at least hold some international share ETF's?
Just through my super fund.Finally lots of US reporters and analysts are starting to see uber for what it really is.I have read about 10 different articles this morning and they all say basically how uber treats it's riders like shit.

Attachments

ghs

Is it really difficult to invest in overseas shares ?