BUF airport lyft queue problem

fallsguide

I was number 2 after more than 1 hours wait, all of sudden, Lyft app says lyft lost contact and please move to a better signal area. Then I was kicked of the queque. Go online after only 1 minute, I totally lost number 2 position and pushed back to the end of the queue.

I am using AT&T and Iphone 6s.

I called Lyft, basically nothing they can do. I guess they don't know what happens.

good news, we can call Lyft when we asking help in the app. Uber, I can only get an answer like go to app to fill the form.

I know I won't get a solution, just want lyft drivers know it happens.

SpongemanGreg

I had the same thing happen with Uber. I'm in the que , then for whatever reason, the que goes away and eventually comes back. But then I'm at the end. So screw doing the airport que from now on.

Merc7186

LOL....this kid I work with drives too...told me that as soon as he walked out of our building, he got a Lyft ping from the next building over....this is hysterical because we work directly across the street from Airport Uber queue.

All those idiots wasting their time sitting in the Queue lot and all they had to do was move their car over about a 100 yards and they could have that ping.

Keep soul sucking your life away, Airport Noobs....lol

Merc7186

Notice the time....Nuff Said.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170915-012017.png
    Screenshot_20170915-012017.png
    48.4 KB · Views: 48

golfinganddriving

At one point mid day yesterday I saw Buff airport queue at 38 cars. Just wondering what that 38'th driver was thinking...."this is a good idea, let's wait here"...

Merc7186

I figured that I would rehash an old thread instead of creating a new one.

I got lucky tonight, had a ride from downtown to Hamburg Village, then Hamburg to OP, then a XL pickup in West Seneca to the airport. When I arrived at the airport at 410am, there were already 5 cars in the queue. Idiots. First flight didn't arrive until 545am.

Meanwhile, outside of the queue, these idiots could have been ferrying people TO the airport. I rejected two Uber pings before I shut it off while driving down the 290 headed towards home.

ShinyAndChrome

I figured that I would rehash an old thread instead of creating a new one.

I got lucky tonight, had a ride from downtown to Hamburg Village, then Hamburg to OP, then a XL pickup in West Seneca to the airport. When I arrived at the airport at 410am, there were already 5 cars in the queue. Idiots. First flight didn't arrive until 545am.

Meanwhile, outside of the queue, these idiots could have been ferrying people TO the airport. I rejected two Uber pings before I shut it off while driving down the 290 headed towards home.
Confirms my absolute believe that some people truly like waiting in lines. They enjoy it.

jaystonepk

I was at the airport entrance around 2 am this morning and got a ping on Genesee just west. Took that for a minimum, glad I did as they tipped $3. Went back to find the cell lot and had 1 Lyft and 3 Uber ahead. Waited for 10-12 minutes and only moved up 1 in Uber and decide to pull off and call it a night.

jaystonepk

So apparently 3 planes landing at exactly the same time not only completely @@@@s up the BUF baggage handling, it also breaks the Uber, and potentially Lyft app as well. I pull into my driveway right at 12:05 am and after doing mostly Lyft tonight and see the airport terminal beat red a 3.0. Lyft is up 25-50% more on Genesee. There are 8+ cars in both queue's with both surging. Da hell?

At this time of night I'm maybe 12 minutes from the airport entrance so I pull back out and start heading there. I get a Lyft PT for 25% while still on the 90 and 7 minutes away. I take it. Pax gets in and I ask if something happened. She says her plane is an hour late and that 3 planes all arrived at the same time. Baggage claim looks like Beirut circa 1982 and there are hundreds of passengers everywhere. I look at her time, 6 minutes away on Genesee. MF! Uber wanted over $17 for that trip, Lyft is $6.50. She leaves a dollar tip but says with the amount of people I could probably get another ride with surge. Good point.

I check both apps, both queue's are empty, Lyft is back up to 50-75% and Uber is surging at 2.5 right around the airport and fanning outward like usual. All except for directly at the terminal itself which shows no surge. I get 2 Lyft pings 13 and 14 minutes away. Ignore! Then proceed to get 3 different pings in a row from Uber directing me to the pickup zone all with ZERO surge. WTF! I actually took the second one to see if it would apply a surge but nope. I cancel without charging. Figure maybe the system is having trouble keeping up so I head to the lot. Queue now says 2 but surge says 1.7. I get a ping in the lot again with no surge. @@@@ this, I'm out. Soon as I get on Genesee the map inverts and all surge vanishes except for the terminal again, which is now back to 3.0. WTAF!

Moral of the story. Git ur shit together Uber. The entire airport including terminal is surging at 2.5 or more over the course of 20 minutes and I get 4 pings in a row without surge. BULLSHIT!

Merc7186

That happens quite a few times actually where the area all around the airport is surging at the airport itself is not.

... And this is why we tell you not to chase surges.

Garbage Plate

So apparently 3 planes landing at exactly the same time not only completely &%[email protected]!*s up the BUF baggage handling, it also breaks the Uber, and potentially Lyft app as well. I pull into my driveway right at 12:05 am and after doing mostly Lyft tonight and see the airport terminal beat red a 3.0. Lyft is up 25-50% more on Genesee. There are 8+ cars in both queue's with both surging. Da hell?

At this time of night I'm maybe 12 minutes from the airport entrance so I pull back out and start heading there. I get a Lyft PT for 25% while still on the 90 and 7 minutes away. I take it. Pax gets in and I ask if something happened. She says her plane is an hour late and that 3 planes all arrived at the same time. Baggage claim looks like Beirut circa 1982 and there are hundreds of passengers everywhere. I look at her time, 6 minutes away on Genesee. MF! Uber wanted over $17 for that trip, Lyft is $6.50. She leaves a dollar tip but says with the amount of people I could probably get another ride with surge. Good point.

I check both apps, both queue's are empty, Lyft is back up to 50-75% and Uber is surging at 2.5 right around the airport and fanning outward like usual. All except for directly at the terminal itself which shows no surge. I get 2 Lyft pings 13 and 14 minutes away. Ignore! Then proceed to get 3 different pings in a row from Uber directing me to the pickup zone all with ZERO surge. WTF! I actually took the second one to see if it would apply a surge but nope. I cancel without charging. Figure maybe the system is having trouble keeping up so I head to the lot. Queue now says 2 but surge says 1.7. I get a ping in the lot again with no surge. &%[email protected]!* this, I'm out. Soon as I get on Genesee the map inverts and all surge vanishes except for the terminal again, which is now back to 3.0. WTAF!

Moral of the story. Git ur shit together Uber. The entire airport including terminal is surging at 2.5 or more over the course of 20 minutes and I get 4 pings in a row without surge. BULLSHIT!

This is why we need to keep Lyft around even though their dysfunctional. Uber can not be trusted. I find myself chasing stupid surges only to have them disapear, or I get pings from outside the surge. Surge in Rochester has been pretty useless for me.

ROCuberguy585

Surge in Rochester should always be treated as a mirage. I have only caught a handful of surge fares in 3 months driving despite being in or surge zones a lot more often. And if you happen to get a ping from that area without a surge applied there's nothing you can do. You can dispute a boost with Uber (which is now irrelevant everywhere but Ithaca) but you can't dispute not getting a surge because surges aren't guaranteed. If you do get a ping that shows a surge on it you better jump on it, won't happen again soon.

jaystonepk

Surge in Rochester should always be treated as a mirage.

May as well add Buffalo to the list as well. I was down at the arena after hockey this Saturday and Lyft went from 25% to 100% in about 2-3 minutes. Checked Uber and no surge at all. After about another 2 minutes Uber goes to 1.3. I go online and about a minute later it's back to nothing.

I trust Uber about as far as I can toss my Sorento. I had a Lyft pax say Uber wanted to charge her $25 for a ride from the west side of Buffalo, around due west of Hertal, to get to downtown. Lyft price was $13. She says she got the "high-demand" message. 2 blocks after picking her up the Uber map has zero surge on it. Starting to firmly believe Uber is charging surge prices to pax and pocketing the different without passing the surge onto the drivers.

Merc7186

Downtown Buffalo seems to have a predictable surge on Saturday nights sometimes between 230am and 3am now. I've been finding myself driving into downtown with the app off then as soon as I hit Chippewa, I'll pop on XL and wait for a few minutes...then pop on X and can usually get one.

Niagara Falls down by the Rainbow Bridge used to be like that in the summertime but that died off when school started.

ROCuberguy585

Starting to firmly believe Uber is charging surge prices to pax and pocketing the different without passing the surge onto the drivers.
I'd buy that. Unfortunately no way to prove it. You'd have to screen shot the surge on your app when it appears and then once per minute till it disappears. Then you'd have to ask the pax if they are being charged a surge and get them to send you a screenshot from their app, then screenshot your fare breakdown. Only if you go through that and catch them red-handed might you get that surge.