BUCKLE UP !!!

sharkie 2016

What about last night , i had this goose get in to the back seat and when i asked him politely to buckle up he said what the F...... is up with all you uber drivers , are you getting emails from uber about passengers buckling up, he said that i was the 2nd driver that night to ask him,i said no i ask all the passengers to put there seat belts on. and he said as long as he held a nsw drivers license he would get the fine if the police pulled me over. and i didnt know the law,i simply said put on you belt or we are going no where and he obliged and was trying to google it as i was driving him home .what a d.... head.anyone with anymore stories like that please tell me.

Mazdaman

This is for NSW

Seat belts NSW.JPG

ubermatt88

I get this every single day, about 80% of my trips, i have to remind people to not only put their seat belts on, but to keep it on until the vehicle is stationary. I also find that brake testing riders works well (when its not going to present a hazard to other road users). I also find the "B Mode" in the hybrid camry to be great if people randomly unclip their seatbelt during the trip.

Seagull1

What about last night , i had this goose get in to the back seat and when i asked him politely to buckle up he said what the F...... is up with all you uber drivers , are you getting emails from uber about passengers buckling up, he said that i was the 2nd driver that night to ask him,i said no i ask all the passengers to put there seat belts on. and he said as long as he held a nsw drivers license he would get the fine if the police pulled me over. and i didnt know the law,i simply said put on you belt or we are going no where and he obliged and was trying to google it as i was driving him home .what a d.... head.anyone with anymore stories like that please tell me.
Yep every other Pax I have to remind. So now once I'm happy that everyone is buckled up then I set off... all this time the meter is running.
I had one woman that couldn't understand why I insisted so I said that other than it being a legal requirement I was concerned for her safety even if she wasn't.

sharkie 2016

thanks everyone for your responses

what is the youngest a child can travel in a can without a booster seat can anyone tell me please.

CrashnBash

Pax gets in front seat they will buckle up 100% of the time. Back seat is a different story. In Australia getting in the back seat is a pretty pretentious thing to do. It smacks of treating the ride and car as if they are in a limousine. I also think lots of people live movie lives where you don't put on a seatbealt when you get in the back of a limousine. I don't get the poncey behaviour but it comes with the territory. I don't move until the rider has their seatbelt on. I just say your safety is more important than your rating. After all, it's not a choice, it's the law!

Last edited:

Waingro

If you have ever noticed when you get pulled over or an RBT they will look first at seat belts and thats where they fine you.

subyuber

Dont bother with any dialogue with the pax about it. Most dont like being lectured and your ratings will improve if you just do this instead...

Keep a second phone handy.
Trigger an alarm set to the melody of the seat belt alert (as my car doesnt have one built in).

Play it super loud until you hear them click clack!

No one likes an annoying beeping sound.
Seriously??? How hard is it to say "would you mind putting your seat belt on"

Avenig

Ever since the seatbelt warning alarm broke in my car I just can't believe how many people just jump in a car and not bother putting a seatbelt on.

Who is John Galt?

What about last night , i had this goose get in to the back seat and when i asked him politely to buckle up he said what the F...... is up with all you uber drivers............

I can see where you are coming from, and it is really frustrating isn't it? :frown:

I feel that the best course of action here is to simply remind the rider that it was good enough for the gander. :p

Mazdaman

Does anyone know what car has seatbelt dashboard indicator on all seats?
Thanks.
There would ne too many to list. Most, if not all late model cars would have this feature, my daughters 2007 Mazda 3 (of course) has it. Only the front seats alarm when seat belt is not buckled and there is a light indicator on the dash for the rear seats.
Something you would to research when looking for a new or second hand car.