Brooklyn to Hotel by EWR

Inshur

[email protected]

I realize crossing bridges/tunnels creates issues for tolls and other things, so I wanted to get some input on a ride I'm considering taking. My alternative is to take multiple subways to the path to get the NJ then take an Uber from there - but that'll probably take hours. :smiles:

I am planning on going into Brooklyn from a hotel right outside EWR on a Friday or Saturday night in a few weeks when I'm visiting. To get there, I have time and can take the train to NY Penn then the subway to Brooklyn, but on the way home very late at night it will be a different story and the train won't be running.

My question is, if I were to grab an Uber or Lyft from Brooklyn to EWR after midnight, what type of additional compensation would a driver expect? Would tolls to return to NYC be included in the fare there since you're licenced with the TLC?

I want to do right by the driver if I decide to do it this way (versus just stay in Brooklyn), but I also don't want to double pay for things like tolls to return to the city if they are included in the fare. I always tip, so we aren't talking about a normal tip, this is a question about payment above and beyond a reasonable tip for the fare.

Also, I would text and driver immediately letting them know that I'm going to NJ and to cancel or I can cancel right away if they don't want the ride (before I'm charged or the driver wastes their time driving to me).

[email protected]

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Additional compensation?????? Stay in newark
I have family in NJ that I'm visiting, but a friend in Brooklyn I want to see one evening. Last time, I stayed in Brooklyn, but I don't want to switch hotels. I'm asking, aside from the fare Uber/Lyft will pay you, and my tip, what additional amount of cash would be fair to drag someone out NYC?
Post automatically merged:

You really want to do right to drivers then pay me $100 cash (toll & tip included) PM me the day and time.
I think $100 all-in is fair... just not sure if I could commit to a time. I will know soon if it will be Friday or Saturday and the time would probably be "whenever I'm too tired to go on" - which usually isn't that late, but my body will be on mountain time. 😁

FuberNYC

I was just kidding! I'm a morning driver and don't start my shift till 5 a.m
It would be nice if you could do that to your driver though...Summon a LYFT (F* Uber) then hand them over $100 in cash and tell them to cancel the trip on the app.

[email protected]

I was just kidding! I'm a morning driver and don't start my shift till 5 a.m
It would be nice if you could do that to your driver though...Summon a LYFT (F* Uber) then hand them over $100 in cash and tell them to cancel the trip on the app.
Well, it might be 5am by the time I'm headed out. 🤣 Let me ask you this...since you are all registered with the TLC, that means you all have commercial insurance, right? Does that insurance apply if you're off-app?

FuberNYC

Well, it might be 5am by the time I'm headed out. 🤣 Let me ask you this...since you are all registered with the TLC, that means you all have commercial insurance, right? Does that insurance apply if you're off-app?
Why are you worried about insurance?
I see you are full of shit! You joined our site last Sunday and been posting a shitload everywhere in all different topics!
Are you that bored or are you really coming to NY? 🤦‍♂️

[email protected]

Why are you worried about insurance?
I see you are full of shit! You joined our site last Sunday and been posting a shitload everywhere in all different topics!
Are you that bored or are you really coming to NY? 🤦‍♂️
A lot of people questioned if I was fake for the first 24 hours, I think they gave gotten over that. I'm not really bored, I just have attention issues. 🤣

But, yes, I'm really coming to NJ to visit my family and to see a friend in Brooklyn. In December, I drove into Brooklyn and stayed in a hotel one night, but I don't want to keep moving to different places each night I'm there. I was in NJ for a week that time, this time only three nights.

Someone posted on another forum about requesting cash up front for long drives, which made me think about my trip. I'm concerned about the insurance in case something REALLY bad happened on the ride. Did you see the guy who "abducted" his passengers? It was posted on one of the other forums.

I am legit for real, I thank you for responding even if you do think I'm full of it. 😁

Kalanick

What’s your age? What’s your nationality? Are you female or male ? What’s your weight? If you answer this questions, I will give you offer about price.

[email protected]

Ok, that's two of you that mentioned "base" and one that mentioned "troll". 🤣

I'm not sure what a "base" is (though I can take a guess based on context) or how to find one. I don't think we have those in Denver and pretty sure we didn't in the suburbs of NJ when I lived there. What is the difference contacting a "base" versus just ordering from the app? Now I'm just curious.

Just FYI, I'm a driver myself, which is why I'm asking on here. I normally wouldn't ask rider questions on a driver forum. I'm sorry if I'm ruining anyone's day..🤔

michael7227

I am planning on going into Brooklyn from a hotel right outside EWR on a Friday or Saturday night in a few weeks when I'm visiting. To get there, I have time and can take the train to NY Penn then the subway to Brooklyn, but on the way home very late at night it will be a different story and the train won't be running.
The train WILL be running. Cheap Uber/Lyft either way to/from Newark Pennsylvania Station. Path train to World Trade Center. E, A, 2, 3 train going where ever you need to in Manhattan/Brooklyn (may need add'l subway/bus xfers).

(or reverse)

Can be done any and all hours of the day night.

[email protected]

The train WILL be running. Cheap Uber/Lyft either way to/from Newark Pennsylvania Station. Path train to World Trade Center. E, A, 2, 3 train going where ever you need to in Manhattan/Brooklyn (may need add'l subway/bus xfers).

(or reverse)

Can be done any and all hours of the day night.
I meant the train from NY Penn to NJ won't be running on my return. They stop at like 1am (not sure exact time). I can take the subway from Brooklyn back to Manhattan, then take the PATH to NJ where I can grab an Uber/Lyft. I considered this, but after midnight, I'm not comfortable doing that myself - and it will take forever. I'm fine doing this on my way IN earlier in the evening. I have definitely thought this all through. There really is no ideal option. 😁

michael7227

I meant the train from NY Penn to NJ won't be running on my return. They stop at like 1am (not sure exact time). I can take the subway from Brooklyn back to Manhattan, then take the PATH to NJ where I can grab an Uber/Lyft. I considered this, but after midnight, I'm not comfortable doing that myself - and it will take forever. I'm fine doing this on my way IN earlier in the evening. I have definitely thought this all through. There really is no ideal option. 😁
Give yourself 2.5 hours, wear a skully, look mean, profit.