"Broken" POOL

pvtandrewmalone

Here is a sequence of events that happened yesterday:

1. Got POOL ping at 2.0X surge. Picked up rider #1.

2. Got rider #2 added. Was supposed to pick up rider #2 before dropping rider 1.

3. Rider #1 was a woman with extreme body odor. She smelled like she had been working in a curry kitchen without a shower in weeks. I didn't care how she rated, all windows went down and even then I still felt like I needed a gas mask. I did not want to subject another rider or myself to her, I just wanted her out fast, even if it meant I lost a little money. So she got first dropoff.

4. Picked up rider #2.

5. Rider #3 added. Drove about 5 miles out of the way to get him. No show. Got cancel fee.

6. Drove about 5 miles back. Dropped off rider #2.

7. Rider #1 and #2 listed listed as two separate rides, 2.0X surge applied to both.

After dropping off rider #1, I noticed the surge multiplier disappeared off the contact screen for rider #2. I thought under the circumstances only ride #1 would have surge. However, got a pleasant surprise....both rides were paid he 2.0X surge.

Last edited:

Ride-Share-Risk-Manager

I am confused by your post title. If pool is broken, them your ride story showed the opposite. You got your 2x on both pool rides. The toxic smelling passenger, well that is a different matter.

pvtandrewmalone

I thought that if you "break" the chain, you don't continue getting the surge.

A well- known member whom I respect said as much. However, this does not seem to be the case so just wanted to throw it out there.

JPell

I am confused by your post title. If pool is broken, them your ride story showed the opposite. You got your 2x on both pool rides. The toxic smelling passenger, well that is a different matter.
He gets huge surge and drives the long way, screws uber and always a story for every ride. I think he's trying to get a ticket into your private men's circle j. You should invite him over.

LEO2112

3. Rider #1 was a woman with extreme body odor. She smelled like she had been working in a curry kitchen without a shower in weeks. I didn't care how she rated, all windows went down and even then I still felt like I needed a gas mask.

I know this feeling! Picked up an Indian guy at EWR once who reeked of curry, almost as if he had slept in a huge pile of it all night. Could barely breath! Thank god it was a short ride to JC, the stench was insufferable. Nice guy though-we had a great conversation. We could have prob become good friends if he didn't reek like he did! :eek:

freeFromUber

I thought that if you "break" the chain, you don't continue getting the surge.

A well- known member whom I respect said as much. However, this does not seem to be the case so just wanted to throw it out there.
I don't understand how you can break the chain...the few times I have allowed poo rides, the app directs me to either drop off pax#1 or pick up pax #2....you can't choose, as far as I know.

anteetr

Here is a sequence of events that happened yesterday:

1. Got POOL ping at 2.0X surge. Picked up rider #1.

2. Got rider #2 added. Was supposed to pick up rider #2 before dropping rider 1.

3. Rider #1 was a woman with extreme body odor. She smelled like she had been working in a curry kitchen without a shower in weeks. I didn't care how she rated, all windows went down and even then I still felt like I needed a gas mask. I did not want to subject another rider or myself to her, I just wanted her out fast, even if it meant I lost a little money. So she got first dropoff.

4. Picked up rider #2.

5. Rider #3 added. Drove about 5 miles out of the way to get him. No show. Got cancel fee.

6. Drove about 5 miles back. Dropped off rider #2.

7. Rider #1 and #2 listed listed as two separate rides, 2.0X surge applied to both.

After dropping off rider #1, I noticed the surge multiplier disappeared off the contact screen for rider #2. I thought under the circumstances only ride #1 would have surge. However, got a pleasant surprise....both rides were paid he 2.0X surge.

If you were supposed to get rider 2 before dropping rider 1 the chain was never broken. You may have dropped stinky first, but you can't end her trip according to uber until you pick up rider two.