Bride and Groom in my Uber

financeguy13

A couple weeks ago I went to Three Forks in Plano, TX around 11PM. No idea what was going on except that no one was coming to my vehicle for a ride. After several minutes, a woman put a bag in my minivan and said wait just a few minutes. It was getting close to 10 minutes before the bride and groom came running past all the people holding sparklers and entered my vehicle.

This was one of my favorite trips so far. Sure, they kept it a secret until they entered my minivan, but $5 tip was well worth the wait and I would do this again anyday. I would take an Uber too if I could roll back time!

Sometimes it's not about the payment but the experience. The surprise made it worth it.

Pumpula

They called an Uber on as a wedding "Limo" ROFLMAO... screw the $5 and the experience.. I'd be thinking how this guy is going to explain it to the new bride and if she's wondering "Wow, im so glad i married this guy...I've hit the BIG MONEY now with this guy!!! MUHAHAHA

Reversoul

A couple weeks ago I went to Three Forks in Plano, TX around 11PM. No idea what was going on except that no one was coming to my vehicle for a ride. After several minutes, a woman put a bag in my minivan and said wait just a few minutes. It was getting close to 10 minutes before the bride and groom came running past all the people holding sparklers and entered my vehicle.

This was one of my favorite trips so far. Sure, they kept it a secret until they entered my minivan, but $5 tip was well worth the wait and I would do this again anyday. I would take an Uber too if I could roll back time!

Sometimes it's not about the payment but the experience. The surprise made it worth it.
I would have sped off after 5 minutes and collected no show fee.

Uberisthenewpoor

I drove a couple headed to the airport on their honeymoon on Uberx. All I thought was how I'd be thinking divorce if my spouse didn't at least order a town car or Tahoe, but for a wedding!?!
NO NO NO! Embarrassing red neck BS.

Btw, I got no tip, congrats on your $5 though I agree $20 should've been the minimum.

uberparadise

At least they did not start the honeymoon in your backseat. Many couples or daters seem to enjoy getting it going in the back seat of an Uber. When asked where is the craziest place u have had sex? Answer, in an Uber!

Last edited:

Bad uber pro

You're the exemplary driver that uber is looking for "doing it for the experience and surprise" well, glad you made people smile :smiles: if every driver turn like you, rates will go down to 34 cents/ mile and 0 cents/minutes uber will love the new business model lol

Fuzzyelvis

So is your car full of birdseed now?

Dallas007

If the party was eating at 3 Forks... someone could have afforded an uber Black for the occasion :smiles:
... but at least you have the story to tell!
...and good they did not tie ribbons and cans to your bumper, write on your windows... :smiles:

Reversoul

Unfortunately, that's not an option for drivers in Dallas/Fort Worth, our cancellation fee is $0.

Luckily you can still collect cancellation fees in your market.
I still would have sped off. It's a matter of principle. I can't tolerate that lack of respect.

I've left with pax standing outside my car smoking a cigarette. My rule is the pax has to get in the car when I arrive.

My time is money.

financeguy13

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I still would have sped off. It's a matter of principle. I can't tolerate that lack of respect.

I've left with pax standing outside my car smoking a cigarette. My rule is the pax has to get in the car when I arrive.

My time is money.
Was strongly considering putting the bag on the curb and driving off but didn't. I've been doing much better at $$$ per trip. Basically ignoring many X requests and just taking XL, airport pickups and event pickups.

So looking back I would have ignored this X request to begin with. Need to work on my standard text to send out for every non-airport ride with ETA and time I'll wait etc. I've heard those are useful.

Oh and the couple weren't going on a honeymoon.

tohunt4me

I had that once.
Bride and groom from a Marignay club,outside of Frenchman Street near French Quarter.Groom was in tuxedo,Bride in her bridal gown.
The bride's parents also came along in tuxedo and gown.

Drove them to reservations at Commanders Palace.
En route,the bride received a call. The other members of the wedding party were in a hit and run accident in another Uber behind us.

I offered to go get them and complete their journey for free. But they had to wait to fill out police report.

tohunt4me

If the party was eating at 3 Forks... someone could have afforded an uber Black for the occasion :smiles:
... but at least you have the story to tell!
...and good they did not tie ribbons and cans to your bumper, write on your windows... :smiles:
Hard to tie cans on plastic bumper covers.

renbutler

I love it.

Too many people spend tens of thousands of dollars and months of planning for the wedding, with little to no foresight into planning for marriage. Riding in a limo for a few minutes will soon be forgotten, and that money will be gone forever.

I married a woman who appreciates my frugality and doesn't expect me to be something I'm not. I show her that I love her with the way I treat her and by being the best man I can be, not by what I spend on her.

We celebrate our ninth anniversary tomorrow. 8)

Driving and Driven

I had that once.
Bride and groom from a Marignay club,outside of Frenchman Street near French Quarter.Groom was in tuxedo,Bride in her bridal gown.
The bride's parents also came along in tuxedo and gown.

Drove them to reservations at Commanders Palace.
En route,the bride received a call. The other members of the wedding party were in a hit and run accident in another Uber behind us.

I offered to go get them and complete their journey for free. But they had to wait to fill out police report.
That is a very kind offer of you but, keep in mind, had you ended the trip and transported the other party without the app on, your insurance may not have covered you in the unlikely event that you were suddenly involved in a second accident.