Brickyard 400 - What a day I had....not.

backyarddad

I kept wondering why I was not seeing guarantees for the Brickyard 400 this year. Then I found out why, because no one used Uber that day that I could see!

I went on about 1pm, yes late, but nothing was surging still, then I drove around a bit, got lunch, and ended up doing 2 runs for X, I drive XL also, and then made my way to Speedway to take part in the big release! I get to Speedway about 5:30 the line was forever long with Uber drivers, and I waited, and waited, no request anywhere, another driver I spoke to said that she had same issue, nothing going on that day, she only had 1 ride. Then the race got out, and people started filtering out, and I never got a request, and ended up going home. The entire day, I made, er lost $8.71.

WTF??? Anyone else have anything similar to this?

renbutler

It's just not a big draw anymore. Crowds were way down because of the heat, and it's an older crowd that is less likely to use Uber than younger crowds.

I did see some surges on the map around IMS after the Kid Rock concert Saturday.

backyarddad

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's just not a big draw anymore. Crowds were way down because of the heat, and it's an older crowd that is less likely to use Uber than younger crowds.

I did see some surges on the map around IMS after the Kid Rock concert Saturday.
I did drive Friday and did better with the KR crowd for sure.