Breast Feeding Passengers - Any Experience With This?

AllenChicago

July 17, 2016

Three days ago, I picked up 2 ladies and a baby (in a carrier) for a 15 mile trip. I think one was the Nanny. The baby started crying. The Nanny couldn't calm her. She handed the baby to the Mother, who unbuttoned her top, and started breast feeding the little girl.

I felt somewhat uncomfortable, and a tad curious, but the mother didn't mind me seeing them. Maybe in India it's no big deal to breast-feed in front of strangers. Have any of you ever experienced this? Did you feel uncomfortable at first?

-Allen in Chicagoland

AllenChicago

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Why are you suggesting that? Indian society is too conservative, there is definitely no breastfeeding in public.
The rear window shade was pulled up. Perhaps the back seat isn't considered "public". Also, this was my 4th time with her as a passenger. Only the second time she brought her baby along.

I see that most of you are a hardened lot, with a lot of experience under your belts. Thanx for the replies!

Slim Pete

Guess this is one occasion when passengers wouldn't feel comfortable with a dual lens dashcam. Could never have anticipated this.

Papa Sarducci

with all due respect, if the act of a mother breastfeeding her child is a sexual turn on to you, you MAY want to seek help
Why does fetish have to equate to mental illness? Different strokes for different folks. Who are you to judge?

We can't fight biology, breasts are there for two reasons, to feed babies and attract mates. We are wired to be attracted to them, it is the nature of the beast.

LEAFdriver

July 17, 2016

Three days ago, I picked up 2 ladies and a baby (in a carrier) for a 15 mile trip. I think one was the Nanny. The baby started crying. The Nanny couldn't calm her. She handed the baby to the Mother, who unbuttoned her top, and started breast feeding the little girl.

I felt somewhat uncomfortable, and a tad curious, but the mother didn't mind me seeing them. Maybe in India it's no big deal to breast-feed in front of strangers. Have any of you ever experienced this? Did you feel uncomfortable at first?
Please check out this thread:

https://uberpeople.net/threads/are-you-counting-this-as-a-person.82979/

The mother in question definitely was NOT eastern indian.....otherwise, I would have thought it could be the same 2 women and a baby. I sure hope you didn't accept a POOL ride request from them! If you did....please REPORT them!