Breaking News: Pick up upgrade

Do you like you "Pick up upgrade"?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 22 100.0%

• Total voters

Tony73

Now uber came up with "pick up upgrade" claiming to save you time.

What it does: Basically if you're on the way to pick up a rider and there's another ping closer. You're automatically matched with the closer ping.

What will happen: you were driving to pick up John which was 2.5 mi away but was going on a 30 mi trip and you'll get matched with Stacy that is 1.0 mi away and is taking a 2.5 mi trip!

Attachments

Last edited:

nickd8775

Well, you don't know how far the further person is going. It'll suck for the riders who will get cancelled on automatically. This is a good feature for drivers though

Shangsta

Well, you don't know how far the further person is going. It'll suck for the riders who will get cancelled on automatically. This is a good feature for drivers though
They arent cancelled on they just get another driver. LA has uber drivers everywhere. Should be interesting to see if they do this in all citied. Like how some places dont have pool

nickd8775

We need the option to reject low rated passengers. Instead of auto adding, give the option to accept a closer passenger.

DocT

I accepted a 1.8x ping and got shafted to a nonsurge ping. Some upgrade...
According to the swap message, you're not suppose to be swapped with a new ride of the surge rate for the new ride is lower than your current ride. You better complain to Uber about it.

sporadic

According to the swap message, you're not suppose to be swapped with a new ride of the surge rate for the new ride is lower than your current ride. You better complain to Uber about it.
It only happened once. I just cancelled on it. Monitoring it in future definitely. Don't want to write in yet because I know I'll get an expected canned response from the next-to-useless "Support".

Tony73

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It only happened once. I just cancelled on it. Monitoring it in future definitely. Don't want to write in yet because I know I'll get an expected canned response from the next-to-useless "Support".
That's what happened to me moderately edited copy and paste.