Breaking News: It's Official. Hertz files for bankruptcy!

k4ever

Saw this beauty at a Pep Boys while getting tires. 😆 View attachment 465365
Used to go to Lee's Sandwiches a whiiiiiiile ago. Only thing I didnt like was that even if you ordered a large coffee with condensed milk, they would fill up the damn cup to the top full of ice. One time I told them not to put ice, and the coffee I got was literally one quarter full. I never came back.

scatman

Used to go to Lee's Sandwiches a whiiiiiiile ago. Only thing I didnt like was that even if you ordered a large coffee with condensed milk, they would fill up the damn cup to the top full of ice. One time I told them not to put ice, and the coffee I got was literally one quarter full. I never came back.
LMAO!🤣
The reason Lee's serves their ice coffee with more ice than coffee is because their Vietnamese coffee is concentrated.
You don't get a full cup like regular coffee.😆
You should wait for some of the ice to melt before drinking.
Lee's is not trying to scam you.😂
Don't believe me: https://www.leescoffee.com/faqs.php
vietnamese coffee.jpg

Last edited:

Marcus Foley

I’m amazed how many people can’t afford the tools to do their jobs that they have to rent them.
Its a car. You overpay through a rental program for something that is so easy to finance. It’s like rent to own and you’re making 60 cents a mile. Is there anything left after paying $800 - $1k a month for a tool that makes you 60 cents a mile?
Honestly, I’m surprised hertz still rents cars to do ride share. Most companies have wised up and no longer rent cars for this purpose.
Your life must really suck when you have to over pay for a tool do your job that you operate at a loss to do.
No sympathy here. Just an endless supply of stupid that rent cars at an inflated price to drive at a loss.
Just shows the level of complete ignorance thats living on this planet.
Ride share has really tapped into something here. They realized there’s allot of stupid out there that have no clue how to make a profit working and they’re exploiting complete ignoramuses. Only a complete moron would rent a car to drive at a loss.

UberLAguy

Lee's sells this "cafe sua da" premade in a plastic bottle . $5, I think.. Buy that, then ask them for a free cup of ice when you pay.

U phoria

I’m amazed how many people can’t afford the tools to do their jobs that they have to rent them.
Its a car. You overpay through a rental program for something that is so easy to finance. It’s like rent to own and you’re making 60 cents a mile. Is there anything left after paying $800 - $1k a month for a tool that makes you 60 cents a mile?
Honestly, I’m surprised hertz still rents cars to do ride share. Most companies have wised up and no longer rent cars for this purpose.
Your life must really suck when you have to over pay for a tool do your job that you operate at a loss to do.
No sympathy here. Just an endless supply of stupid that rent cars at an inflated price to drive at a loss.
Ride share has really tapped into something here. They realized there’s allot of stupid out there that have no clue how to make a profit working and they’re exploiting complete ignoramuses. Only a complete moron would rent a car to drive at a loss.
I think most of those people started out with their own cars, drove them into the ground and were so far upside down they had to let them go.

So then their credit was shot with no down payment, the rest is self explanatory

Uberscum

Their national headquarters moved to the area where I live here in Southwest Florida couple years ago.

About a month ago here at the Southwest Florida International Airport, I was sitting there waiting for a ride and for two weeks they're removing cars from the rental area two big grassy section the story of the cars cuz they had no room on the other side and a fire started.

3500 cars got burnt to a crisp but I was there to watch it before they forced us out. At the time we hadn't had too much rain so it was kind of stupid for them to put cars on dry grass with hot bottoms. Could have been an inside job though.
20200403_170033.jpg

Post automatically merged:

20200403_170120.jpg

Post automatically merged:

20200403_170120.jpg

UberLAguy

If you pay rent $200/week and gas $150/week and make $1200/week full-time, you make $950 a week. How is that a loss ?

Aerodrifting

That's why they don't teach math in schools and people are just too lazy to do their own math.

Try do a search for "How much does it cost to own a XXX (insert your car model name here) for a year", the number returned will always be vastly exaggerated, like $1000 for a Corolla when in reality it only cost a smart person $35 for an oil change. Internet is filled with garbage information. Same thing if you search for "how much for XXX (insert a common car maintenance job here)", that price will be always much higher than an honest independent mechanic. Don't even get me started on "Top 10 used cars under $ amount".

Idiots who believe those search results will think renting a car through Hertz actually saves them money :roflmao:

While laughing at them, the rest of you aren't really that much better to be honest. You still believe anything the media tells you about the outside world and live in your own dream, you should really set your foot outside the country and see what a joke this has become.

Lets_Eat

I wonder about Billionaire Carl Icahn’s $1.6 Billion investment in Hertz.

When you don’t feel your mojo just go hiking, kayaking, mountain biking, paddle boarding and step away for months if necessary.

I’m wearing my kiss the chef hat this weekend.

Stay classy America, this ain’t kindergarten.

Carbuncle

If you’re still driving for Uber you have no business using this language.

UberLAguy

I rented a car last year and started driving for Uber through Fair.

#1 reason: try out share driving and see if you like doing it.

After a month of driving a pretty new Kia Optima all expenses covered including heavy depreciation if the car, I realize one that gas cost is real along with the rental , so I went out and bought a Lincoln MKZ hybrid that also qualified for Uber Comfort. Pay it all for $7000 + tax and transportation cost. I save on gas, no more rent, depreciation could get me a big load off income tax. But now I worry about Car depreciation and cost of maintenance and insurance. Luckily I could pay for my car in one shot, so I don't have to worry about car payment

#2 reason for renting : avoiding expenses; peace of mind . Car payment could be $400 a month. Insurance could be $250 a month. Maintenance could be $300 a month. That comes out to about 950 a month, which is a little more than the $800 a month rental, but you get to own a brand new car depreciating fast.
Some people have tickets and insurance cost would be higher. Some people have bad credit so they might not be even able to buy a car for paying too much on payments.

#3 reason to rent: some people just need a car for personal & business. They would just rent a car for $200 a week, did you drive Uber one weekend day to make up for the rent. And they get to use a car for the other 6 days.

I am out of time ...

Some people here are brainwashed and they can only see things one way. So readily jumping on others for a chance to say: this guy is stupid that guy is an idiot.

Last edited:

Big Lou

Remember, you have those with very low fico scores or completely ruined credit. These are the people targeted by U/L to get behind the wheel. Who else would this appeal to?

U phoria

I rented a car last year and started driving for Uber through Fair.

#1 reason: try out share driving and see if you like doing it.

After a month of driving a pretty new Kia Optima all expenses covered including heavy depreciation if the car, I realize one that gas cost is real along with the rental , so I went out and bought a Lincoln MKZ hybrid that also qualified for Uber Comfort. Pay it all for $7000 + tax and transportation cost. I save on gas, no more rent, depreciation could get me a big load off income tax. But now I worry about Car depreciation and cost of maintenance and insurance. Luckily I could pay for my car in one shot, so I don't have to worry about car payment

#2 reason for renting : avoiding expenses; peace of mind . Car payment could be $400 a month. Insurance could be $250 a month. Maintenance could be $300 a month. That comes out to about 950 a month, which is a little more than the $800 a month rental, but you get to own a brand new car depreciating fast.
Some people have tickets and insurance cost would be higher. Some people have bad credit so they might not be even able to buy a car for paying too much on payments.

#3 reason to rent: some people just need a car for personal & business. They would just rent a car for $200 a week, did you drive Uber one weekend day to make up for the rent. And they get to use a car for the other 6 days.

I am out of time ...

Some people here are brainwashed and they can only see things one way. So readily jumping on others for a chance to say: this guy is stupid that guy is an idiot.
Biggest downside to renting is you can’t write off the mileage