• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Brand new prius faild phv test

Bamdad1363

Basically i bought a brand new prius from currie motir on monday and it failed the pco test today based on outstanding recall ,took it back to currie and did the recall job but it can take up to 3 weeks for it to show on the system ,and i have a retest on tuesday who to blame?

Jason01

Basically i bought a brand new prius from currie motir on monday and it failed the pco test today based on outstanding recall ,took it back to currie and did the recall job but it can take up to 3 weeks for it to show on the system ,and i have a retest on tuesday who to blame?
I'd blame the garage, point out they have given you an unroadworthy car.

Expalin your situation and negotiate a deal or you will go to the press if needed, so look for some money off explain your loss of earnings perhaps suggest they can source a PCO rental car for you or you will rent a car and they cover expenses.

Worth a try anyway

Good Luck

Cabbie2B

Yourself.
Should have asked for a printout confirmation of job.

Go back to a dealer and tell ask for a written confirmation that recall has been executed.

If refuse, tell them you’ll sue them as they sold you at first place road unworthy vehicle and it is against the law.

Quote:
Motor traders that sell cars with outstanding safety recalls are breaking the law the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) warns today, as it launches a new service designed to help people buying cars – and dealers themselves – check if cars are safe.

The regulations1 say that dealers need to get cars with outstanding recalls fixed before selling a car on to a consumer. If they don’t, they can be prosecuted by Trading Standards.

https://www.tradingstandards.uk/news-policy/news-room/2018/get-safety-recalls-fixed-or-risk-prosecution-dvsa-warns-car-dealers

Last edited:

UberLuxbod

So what was the recall for?

Last recall on the Prius was for vehicles built upnto May 2018.

Thats the latest Recall on VOSA.

I assume NSL use the same database

Zabihjan

Go there to Currie motors and ask for printout it should pass

Very good price, dealer in Guildford did mine for 600 back in 2016

Bamdad1363

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
So what was the recall for?

Last recall on the Prius was for vehicles built upnto May 2018.

Thats the latest Recall on VOSA.

I assume NSL use the same database
the new arrivals was March and this one was the only one left i could buy brand new ,i think it was the show room car so might be produced before March 18

Go there to Currie motors and ask for printout it should pass

Very good price, dealer in Guildford did mine for 600 back in 2016
i have already got the print out but not sure the inspection centre would accept it as on the website still comes up as outstanding recall,hopefully they would accept and pass the re test on Tuesdaay
thanks

Zabihjan

the new arrivals was March and this one was the only one left i could buy brand new ,i think it was the show room car so might be produced before March 18

i have already got the print out but not sure the inspection centre would accept it as on the website still comes up as outstanding recall,hopefully they would accept and pass the re test on Tuesdaay
thanks
They will accept it, it happened to my friend

UberLuxbod

thanks
I never said March, I said May.

Are you saying your Prius has been in UK stock since May 2018?

Seems strange given how popular they are.

What was the recall for?

As NSL would have told you and given you paperwork for the reason for the Inspection Failure.

Bamdad1363

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
They will accept it, it happened to my friend
Thanks

I never said March, I said May.

Are you saying your Prius has been in UK stock since May 2018?

Seems strange given how popular they are.

What was the recall for?

As NSL would have told you and given you paperwork for the reason for the Inspection Failure.
I meant May ,my mistake.i assume they had kept it in the showroom for display ,i called every toyota dealership but no prius available till March 19 so this one was the only one

bobled

was that you in crayford on thursday?
saw someones prius fail on a recall