• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Brand new car for uberx

The Source

Can't help but laugh at people who buy a brand new car to drive people around on uberx base rates.

They don't realise they're actually paying money out of their own pocket to drive considering how fast new cars depricate especially when doing thousands of kilometres a month.

This guy probably does uber pool as well lol.

2019-01-09 16.39.16.png

Apollo

Can't help but laugh at people who buy a brand new car to drive people around on uberx base rates.

They don't realise they're actually paying money out of their own pocket to drive considering how fast new cars depricate especially when doing thousands of kilometres a month.

This guy probably does uber pool as well lol.

View attachment 288455
That's a lot of k's Mr source.

Immoralized

Not that much for a full time driver actually. He probably only done 3 weeks of driving :biggrin:
I love the people suggesting that they buy a new car only to realize it worth virtually nothing after the first couple of years after putting 50-70 hours per week of driving on it.

Talking about new cars Apollo when are you getting yours? :wink:

Last edited:

Apollo

Not that much for a full time driver actually. He probably only done 3 weeks of driving :biggrin:
I love the people suggesting that they buy a new car only to realize it worth virtually nothing after the first couple of years after putting 50-70 hours per week of driving on it.

Talking about new cars Apollo when are you getting yours? :wink:
Lol.Money isn't the issue but just getting around to doing it is the problem.Hopefully soon.

Immoralized

Lol.Money isn't the issue but just getting around to doing it is the problem.Hopefully soon.
I got my eye on this $3200 2nd car that would probably give SK a heart attack... Off the bat it probably cost me a couple of grand to bring it up to DOT spec but all in all with a bit of spit & shine could quite possibly worth around seven grand. I really should be doing my taxes though since they are due in the next several days :oopsies: So before I take on anymore projects I'll start on that this week.

If he drives the car 7k in a month, where on earth he will have time to maintain it?
7k a month would be around 200km per day which would suggest his spending about 5-7 hours per day on the road roughly 5-6 days of the week. Full time driver doing 50 hours PW or around that can easily do excessive of 8000km per month.

Still comparably nothing to those other drivers doing 80-100 hours per week which exceeding over 3000km per week. :wink: They are typically hiring off a company so they don't have to have the overheads of maintenance.

Last edited:

Immoralized

7 K corolla could last easily 1-2 years of ubering with standard service.
Easily 300 000km with standard servicing and looked after. Just that it going to be worth $3800 max. I wouldn't even touch a 300k car and it doesn't matter how new it is. :oopsies: It getting up to the point where major parts may or may not break in which case the repair is going to be more than then what the car is actually worth.

Kick poor Ant in guts

The Hyundai Ionic range is hitting dealerships now and offers 3 variants including a fully electric plug in. Plus a plug in hybrid and a "regular" hybrid. The plug in hybrid will give the Camry a run for its money. Same drivetrain config as Outlander PHEV but way more EV range. They're talking 2.0 litres per 100.

Immoralized

The Hyundai Ionic range is hitting dealerships now and offers 3 variants including a fully electric plug in. Plus a plug in hybrid and a "regular" hybrid. The plug in hybrid will give the Camry a run for its money. Same drivetrain config as Outlander PHEV but way more EV range. They're talking 2.0 litres per 100.
I'm going to investigate this Hyundai car you just mentioned.... First review guy I go to is...
Watching it now myself.

Immoralized

I thought it was Scottie B.:wink:
I think it his brother the car broker :wink:
They are very Australian and closely related but I like how he cuts through the BS in his reviews :smiles:

I don't think any full time ant is going to fork out $$$ for a full EV with a range of 230km before batteries goes dead :oopsies: Range on paper in lab environment with probably test weight of 75kg person. Driving riders around in the RW I highly doubt one would even see 200km before meeting a tow truck driver.

But might be a good car for you though Apollo :biggrin: I reckon you can get about five or six hours of it per day on the road and it been wall charged.

Apollo

I think it his brother the car broker :wink:
They are very Australian and closely related but I like how he cuts through the BS in his reviews :smiles:

I don't think any full time ant is going to fork out $$$ for a full EV with a range of 230km before batteries goes dead :oopsies: Range on paper in lab environment with probably test weight of 75kg person. Driving riders around in the RW I highly doubt one would even see 200km before meeting a tow truck driver.

But might be a good car for you though Apollo :biggrin: I reckon you can get about five or six hours of it per day on the road and it been wall charged.
I'm an old fashion guy.I like using the pump.:oopsies:

Immoralized

I'm an old fashion guy.I like using the pump.:oopsies:
I've looked at new cars but never bought one myself. I always think meh if i wait five years it'll be few thousand dollars and if I really want it I can get it :oopsies:

GF said I'm stingy man and I've said to her that I've got money and this lifestyle because I am exactly that :p For me I cannot justify the cost of something brand new and shiny just because it new and shiny.

Apollo

I've looked at new cars but never bought one myself. I always think meh if i wait five years it'll be few thousand dollars and if I really want it I can get it :oopsies:

GF said I'm stingy man and I've said to her that I've got money and this lifestyle because I am exactly that :p For me I cannot justify the cost of something brand new and shiny just because it new and shiny.
Yes i agree.