Bragging Time! Post Your NYE Earnings Screenshot Here

Gone_in_60_seconds

Come on comrades! Let me here you crow like roosters 🐔I’m living vicariously through you 😆
This year was just garbage compared to last year. Last year there was surge before 11 pm. This year nada. Saw surge of 1.2X at 11 pm and thought "what a waste of time", on the most lucrative of the year.
Post automatically merged:

ya, let's see 'em.

post 'em. I want to see @RideshareDog's earning or lack of earning. and how many people he kicked out. how many times he got punched.
Don't keep poking the dog, he may bite. LOL.

RideshareDog

lots of hours...but so few trips????
It's cuz I wasn't getting anything till 8pm where I got sent downtown and spent 20min getting to 3km pax cuz of traffic then I didn't get anything so I decided to go home and grab cleaning stuff in case of vomit then I got sent downtown again and got on the dvp as quick as I could and went home again cuz I didn't see any orange anywhere. I went out at 12:30am and I didn't get anything till 1am that's when things picked up

RideshareDog

Oh I forgot to mention when it started it was barrage of 13min 7min 9min pings. I rejected like 20.
Post automatically merged:

If they did, at least you would have gotten a cleaning fee

How many hours? Where did you do most driving?
On Lyft I would have to get it actually cleaned. So I would have lost the night and made no extra money from the fee

evad77

I never post screen shots but worked Barrie from 315pm til 345am made $580, steady 2.5 and higher surge from 1230am to 3am , stacked trips and had that magic unicorn at 245am while on trip 3.6 surge 70 min trip south but they didn’t wait the 9 min and cancelled, when I checked dashboard they were going to Pearson , would have been nearly $400 ride

Ahmado

As blue X driver I had low expectations
It was very hard getting declined pings from gold ants 😭

I made $320 on Monday the day before nye while you guys were saving your energy for nye🤣

X drivers with $500 please pic or it never happened

Ashoor

Nothing worth bragging about, not much different than a regular Saturday night for me. Was driving mostly at base rates in the north end of the 'burbs. A couple of tiny 1.6 surges, nothing to write home about, nor post publicly.
Exactly same here and I thought the no-surge only happened to me on this boar.

I already posted my numbers in the other thread. Issue is, after 4 AM, my earnings transferred to a new screen.

Ashoor

Kitchener-Waterloo

This was my first NYE. I’m not sure what to make of this. It’s the most I’ve made in an eight hour period ever, but I kind of wish I drove the AM rush hour as per usual as well.
That is over $35 an hour, very good numbers, great job!

trickynikki

Happy New Year to all.

NYE is not what it was years ago.

I began driving cab in 1981. The first NYE I worked most large hotels had an event and the hours from 7 to 9 were busy and then a huge rush from 1 to 5. It was super busy but a driver can only do some many trips. I would often double up riders and the tips are where I made the money. At that time a $10 tip seemed to be the norm.

Since the 80s I only drive cab between contracts overseas. I have always liked the work. Working NYE is not what it once was. It has now become only very busy for a few short hours and the big tips are gone.

The last NYE I worked was 2016 and I remember one fare that remains fresh in my mind. It was a long ride and the rider thought I took him the long way. He took a photo of my meter so I printed off a receipt for him. $33.60 on the meter on an 16km ride.

This was the same night that an Uber rider was charged $1100 for a 49km ride.

The race to the bottom is now over. Taxi driver and Uber drivers are the losers and Kalanick and Camp are the winners.

Speedy_Gonzales

Happy New Year to all.

I began driving cab in 1981. The first NYE I worked most large hotels had an event and the hours from 7 to 9 were busy and then a huge rush from 1 to 5. It was super busy but a driver can only do some many trips. I would often double up riders and the tips are where I made the money. At that time a $10 tip seemed to be the norm.

Since the 80s I only drive cab between contracts overseas. I have always liked the work. Working NYE is not what it once was. It has now become only very busy for a few short hours and the big tips are gone.

The last NYE I worked was 2016 and I remember one fare that remains fresh in my mind. It was a long ride and the rider thought I took him the long way. He took a photo of my meter so I printed off a receipt for him. $33.60 on the meter on an 16km ride.

The race to the bottom is now over. Taxi driver and Uber drivers are the losers and Kalanick and Camp are the winners.
Uber is still the perfect gig to launder money at 20% cut. Give dirty cash money to friend, have him order a long surged select return-trip, voila, your cash has been cleaned.

Ashoor

Happy New Year to all.

Interesting read! Love reading stories line this and others like @Yam Digger whp have a different prospective on this, having driven for cabs and others for decades before.

Would I be inocorrect to assume, for one of the year at least, taxis on average made more than Uber drivers yesterday?