1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

#boycottNYE #notdrivingNYE # #uberLyftNYEboycott

Discussion in 'Stories' started by Titan, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Titan

Titan

Calling on ALL Rideshare Drivers to #boycottNYE as protest to Uber and Lyft recent pay cuts to Drivers .............

New Time and Distance Rates and now the New Surge are all designed to make more money for them NOT YOU / US Drivers !!! ***** Plain and Simple **** DO NOT CONFORM ****** to this utter BS they are Shoving up are A@# !!!

UBER is trying to FORCE US to stop rejecting / not accepting trips that of which IS OUR RIGHT !! Uber is tired of us REJECTING POOL which makes Uber the MOST money for them when we accept additional customers going the same way .... Yes .. this is their answer !!!

So we must pushback now more then ever and DO NOT ACCEPT POOL !!! DO NOT get Scammed by this NEW SURGE !!!

The Majority of the New Surge is going to Uber NOT the Drivers !!!

CASH TRIPS are now fair game !!! Accept the ping .... go to customer .... ask customer what fare Uber /Lyft is charging them .... Negotiate new cash fare that is lower then their upfront pricing they are being charged /scammed !!

If you MUST Drive NYE negotiate the fare in CASH !!! Give Uber / LYFT NOTHING !! Lets give Uber and Lyft their NYE PAYCUT !!!!

We need to ALL show UBER / LYFT WHO is in charge !!! Who is their revenue stream !!! Who can make or Break Them !!! And What us DRIVERS REALLY THINK of ALL this BS SCAM they are trying to get away with !!! HOW DARE UBER suggest that WE Drivers / After talking with us Drivers / would be onboard with ALL THIS BS !!!

************* UBER & Lyft are LAUGHING @ US !!! **************

Time for us Drivers to show Uber / Lyft the middle finger and hit them where it HURTS !!! By Effecting their REVENUE !! And by doing whatever it takes to wreck their 2019 IPO's !!!!

***** LETS SEND A MESSAGE LOUD AND CLEAR ON NYE **** #boycottNYE

Who is onboard with this #boycottNYE #UberLyftNYEDriversBoycott ?????????

2. chitownXdriver

chitownXdriver

Driving:
    UberX
    Lol NO! You sound like you completely lost iti t, all the newbies out there don't ever ever do cash trips, way more trouble and financial woes if there is an accident or something.
    As for not driving NYE you aren't going to convince anyone not to drive that day/night as it is the biggest money making period of the whole year.
    As for pool the sentiments you are expressing was true in the past, time to get with the times. As much as I used to hate and despise pool I have made pool my friend now (kind of like ad nauseum and Karachi are now tolerant of each other;)). Pool helps you reach your quest and meet other promos much easier and quicker, when there is a surge pool rides pay out really nice as well and by having too many rejections you loose your status which most people like to keep. This is by far one of the worst threads with wrong information and terrible advice I've seen on this site yet and that's saying something!

3. Titan

Titan

"it is the biggest money making period of the whole year".

NOT ANYMORE ............... With the "New Surge" you will be getting a lousy Flat Surge $$$ Amount ... probably around $20 bucks. THATS IT !!! Uber will be still be collecting the multiple x 2.0 / 4.0 / 5.0 etc ............ amounts ..........Uber will be the one making the BIGGEST SURGE $$$ NOT the Drivers !!! Why do you think Uber came out with this new BS Fake Surge B4 NYE ???

#BOYCOTTNYE #DRIVERSUNITENOTDRIVINGNYE !!!!

iDriveuThrive likes this.
  4. chitownXdriver

chitownXdriver

Driving:
    UberX
    Please do sit out, more rides for me

Attached Files:

Rakos likes this.
  5. I appreciate your moxie and everything. If people truly did get together and refuse to work that would be nice.

But driving the second largest drinking holiday with all of those people driving Bobo'd up without coverage other than your insurance? For cash fares? I'll pass. I don't even know if I'll drive NYE to be honest. It's sort of like the 'Purge' with all of the drunks out there.

6. Uber's Guber

Uber's Guber

Driving:
    UberX
    Actually, cash trips are against the law. Stings are conducted here frequently, the cars get towed & impounded at your expense, and you pay a hefty fine.

7. Titan

Titan

The only advantage Uber might have achieved is taking advantage of its drivers’ lack of financial acumen — that they don’t understand the full cost of using their cars and thus are giving Uber a bargain. There’s some evidence to support that notion. Ridester recently published the results of the first study to use actual Uber driver earnings, validated by screenshots. Using conservative estimates for vehicle costs, they found that that UberX drivers, which represent the bulk of its workforce, earn less than $10 an hour. They would do better at McDonald’s. But even this offset to the generally higher costs of fleet operation hasn’t had an meaningful impact on Uber’s economics.

THE TIME IS NOW TO SHOW UBER / LYFT THAT WE ARE TIRED OF BEING PLAYED !!! PUSHED AROUND !!!!!

****** LETS STAND TOGETHER ON NYE #BOYCOTTNYE !!! #NORIDESJUSTPRIDEONNYE #RIDESHAREBOYCOTTNYE ****

iDriveuThrive likes this.
  8. Uber's Guber

Uber's Guber

Driving:
    UberX
    Maybe it’s time you apply for that position at McDonald’s.

9. I guess those ants need better business plans. I average approximately $19/hr driving X. It's about running your business. Stay parked, I'll take those rides.

chitownXdriver likes this.
  10. There is a reason why the guys at the top are billionaires is because people at the bottom take so much abuse and keep driving
    Basic math skill is almost nonexistent in this country.
    The only time it’s worth driving for these companies is when you’re getting surge.
    If you take away the surge it’s flat out joke.
    We still have surge here in orange county but if they took it away or capped it I would say stick it up your ass .
    hauling around drunk pieces of **** for pennies on the mile.
    Get the **** out of here Dara.

mrpjfresh likes this.
  11. Titan

Titan

Maybe its time you quit being a Uber Employee Troll that works for Corporate Uber in SFO :p

Rakos and btone31 like this.
  12. Dan2miletripguy

Dan2miletripguy

Driving:
    UberX
    I think all drivers should tell any pax picked up during the surge that the increase in price is almost all going to Uber.

RDWRER, Rakos and Titan like this.
  13. Titan

Titan

While Uber has reduced its negative gross margin over time, those improvements have come mainly from squeezing driver compensation, so that they now net less per hour on average than taxi operators.

The pay cuts have led to more driver turnover, which leads to higher managerial costs. And it is degrading service quality. A comment on an article about Uber’s third-quarter earnings:

I needed a ride from Burbank to LAX on a Thursday morning around 5:45 AM. I requested a car the night before. At pickup time there wasn’t a Lyft or Uber within 20 miles. When I did get one the driver said that at the rate they are being paid it wasn’t worth getting out of bed early anymore.

Drivers ... The time is NOW / NYE to stand up for our Rights !!! To show Uber / Lyft we are tired of being PLAYED !!! Tired of the constant Pay Cuts !!! AND NOW TIRED OF UBER / LYFT STEALING OUR BREAD & BUTTER SURGE !!!!

#BOYCOTTNYE IF you must drive #CASHONLYONNYE #NOTDRIVINGNYE #UNITEDANDNOTDRIVINGNYE

LETS ALL GIVE UBER AND LYFT THEIR #PAYCUT ON NYE And see how they like it :) !!!!!!

*** After talking to Uber & Lyft execs ... they told us Drivers they enjoy giving us #paycuts and screwing their Drivers every chance they get !!!

**************** #JOINTHEBOYCOTTNYE ********************

14. UberBastid

UberBastid

Where is 'here'.
    Your location says "United States" and that statement is not true for the whole country.

15. I suspect there’s a lot of Uber company trolls here.
    I’m a manager at an auto repair facility and we have a lot of Uber drivers as customers whenever I inquire about their operational cost per mile it’s always like I put $20 in the gas tank and I can drive all day.
    What about your depreciation cost oh there’s no cost because I already own the car it’s paid for .
    How about tires and oil changes?
    And how about that bill that we going to give to you for a new transmission rebuild.
    Oh I don’t know I put $20 in the gas tank and I can drive all day.
    Uber pays by the mile so you must know you’re cost by the mile.
    My 2018 accord cost me $.24 per mile my 2008 accord cost me $.34 per mile to operate I know the numbers to the penny.
    And my costs are incurred driving to the customer not only when customers in the vehicle .
    Here in Orange County its $.11 a minute and $.87 per mile if there is no surge.
    These are what you would pay children to do their homework or wash the dishes or mow the lawn.
    As the old saying goes if you’re not angry you’re not paying attention.

NorCalPhil, Pusher, Cape67 and 4 others like this.
  16. steveK2016

steveK2016

Driving:
    UberXL
    Does TNC have the authority to accept street hails and cash payments? Do you have full commercial insurance that covers actual livery services, not just rideshare?

Might as well go be a cab driver at that point.

Rakos likes this.
  17. Titan

Titan

OF course Not ...... This is just a Protest #NYEBOYCOTT ......................

Lets all ban together and NOT DRIVE NYE ......... HOWEVER ... if you must ....... for one day...... negotiate a cash ride ....
    Customers will take that cash ride to avoid that BIG SURGE Ride that the majority of the $$$$ Surge will be going to Uber / LYFT

So why not just cut Uber / Lyft OFF on NYE ?? LETS GIVE UBER & LYFT THEIR PAYCUT !!!! SEE HOW THEY LIKE IT !!!!

************ #BOYCOTTNYE #UBERLYFTDRIVERSBOYCOTTNYE #NOTDRIVINGNYE #CASHONLYNYE

18. chitownXdriver

chitownXdriver

Driving:
    UberX
    I want to be on whatever it is you are on, telling drivers either not to drive or to drive illegally on NYE and thinking ANYONE will take you seriously. If you want to be taken seriously at least choose a day which is not the biggest money maker (or at least one of them) through the whole year lol

19. Titan

Titan

Its No Longer the Biggest Money Maker of the year ......... As you will find out im sure ..............

The NEW SURGE is BS !!! You will now be paid a FLAT SURGE Rate while Uber BANKS THE Majority of the SURGE by still collecting using the old X2 or X3 etc of calculating the surge ......... simply put ... Uber will collect more of the surge then the Driver .... Are You OK with that ???? How is that even fair ????

Uber and Lyft DESERVE A NYE PAYCUT ..... That's all im suggesting ...... #dontdriveNYE or #cashonlyNYE #UberLyftNYEPaycut

20. njn

njn

I would love it if my driver negotiated a cash fare, I wouldn't have to pay at the end of the trip. What are they going to do call the police? Complain to uber?

Tarvus likes this.