• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

BOYCOTT UBER AT THE AIRPORTS!!!! (use Lyft instead)

Inshur

burgerflipper

Tonight Lyft was dark purple in both airports, and Uber showed no surge at all. I wasn't nearby, so I didn't see how many cars were in the queue, but I suspect it was one (link). In case any of you haven't caught on, please turn off your Uber app at the airport when you see this is going on. I don't know how long/often they've been doing this, but let's nip it in the bud.

Make sure to always takes screenshots of the phenomenon and post them in this thread so the newbies visiting this site will know even before they sign up, that Uber is withholding the surge from drivers at the airport. Attention Newbies: Sign up for Lyft ASAP, and boycott Uber at the airports when this happens. There is still hope to get Uber to change their hearts about this theft. Thank you all,

I remain,
Burger Flipper

PS And spread the word. "180 days of change" :rolleyes:

Last edited:

MReeves

I think the reason why it doesnt surge is because Uber isnt stupid. They are well aware that cars are at the airports waiting for a surge so they can go online. The only way it will surge is if everyone leaves the lot and just waits at a nearby street. Then once it surges, procede to the holding lot. Just my opinion.

burgerflipper

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think the reason why it doesnt surge is because Uber isnt stupid. They are well aware that cars are at the airports waiting for a surge so they can go online.
yup, thats right... its the drivers fault :rolleyes:

never mind that even if all the drivers were online there would still be a huge surge (as evidenced by Lyft)...

The only way it will surge is if everyone leaves the lot and just waits at a nearby street. Then once it surges, procede to the holding lot. Just my opinion.
Just stay in the lot, turn on Lyft, and let the Uber pax enjoy their 15 minute wait times. And dont forget to trash uber to everyone you meet.

there already is a boycott, and it's working. see the link i posted before. the real point of this thread is to call attention to the progress uber is making in their "180 days of change" :rolleyes:

burgerflipper

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
there already is an effective boycott. this site has 100,000 members, and at any given time there are up to 3 times as many lurkers lurking but the point of this thread wasnt really to boycott, it was to raise awareness among drivers, because it's shocking that there are so few posts about it until now.