Boost in the burbs?

BostonAly

Do they ever offer Boost up in the burbs? I live near collegeville. Why is it always Philly? Or do I not get the ones up here?

appdriver

They only offer boost where they need drivers. A lot of drivers (me included) hate driving CC and surrounding area. They offer boost in those area to increase supply of drivers, and to minimize surges.

BostonAly

Thank you. That's what I figured. I hate it down there ):

I'd rather get sucked out into the black hole of Perkiomenville than down in the Philly nightmare. I always end up there at least once. I never stay.

appdriver

I live near you. You will get drawn in there a lot. Use your DF to escape. You can use it 6 times a day.

paulmsr

ive never seen a boost promo out here in the warminster area. if we havent seen it truly doubt you ever will in collegeville area

OGT

Lift gives power zones in King of Prussia, Norristown, Wayne. I don't understand how people only apply for uber?

Joe Falcone

Lift gives power zones in King of Prussia, Norristown, Wayne. I don't understand how people only apply for uber?

Lyft seems to be lacking riders at certain times of the day. Uber not really.
Thats my experience anyway. Im out here by King of Prussia.

Lift gives power zones in King of Prussia, Norristown, Wayne. I don't understand how people only apply for uber?[/QUOT
Do they ever offer Boost up in the burbs? I live near collegeville. Why is it always Philly? Or do I not get the ones up here?

Aly, also i've been around part time for two years now out here in k of p area.
I've read assorted peoples claims to large paydays and even medium high ones.
Even though i'm a highly rated driver i've very rarely seen surges, boosts and bonuses.
Even though i've avoided night and late night driving, i don't know what the hcck i'm
doing wrong. I'd say only making marginal cash. Now its worse with the higher gas rates.

fastestcarz

lyft does do some invisible surge in the burbs.

im sure everyone who owns a new car hates driving in philly. i know i hate it. i was in west philly yesterday morning and all i was driving on was old train tracks and potholes.

OGT

I dont understand how people dont want to work in the city? Youre doing this to make money, you have to be where the demand is. Sure the roads are crap, so avoid the roads that you know are bad. You would rather drive on nice roads in the burbs at base rate with no surge unless you get lucky. If you xl and can get xl rides then i understand. Its like getting 2x but if you only do x i dont understand how you make decent money. Sure the average rides maybe longer but the pick ups are usually farther. If you drive between 9am to 3pm then stay in the burbs but i would have to ask.....WHY ARE YOU DRIVING THOSE HOURS? Then again, since the college kids have returned there seems to be more surges between 1pm to 3pm then at 5pm to 9pm. Drivers in the city will consistently make more then only burb drivers. Unless youre that robert finley dude lol. Unless you know what youre doing in the burbs with cash side rides you will not make more then someone in the city.

Ted L.

Boost maps sometimes make no sense. Here's my early evening boost map on my delivery account. After 10:00 the boost ends in Philadelphia and leaves me with only the 4 outlying suburbs.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170912-215204.png
    Screenshot_20170912-215204.png
    96.8 KB · Views: 50

OGT

Then again what do i know? Just got these notifications lmfao.

Boost maps sometimes make no sense. Here's my early evening boost map on my delivery account. After 10:00 the boost ends in Philadelphia and leaves me with only the 4 outlying suburbs.
Uber eats? I have no idea how uber eats get paid. What is the base rate? Does it surge also?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170912-233925.jpg
    Screenshot_20170912-233925.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 50

bobby747

I used to hate lyft..but guys here were saying they do well...i came back to lyft 1 month ago..lower commisions...less rides..more prime time..last week i did only $47 as with uber i got like 10 giant rides...
regarding the city. 100% fact the biggest ones come from the city...travel crowd . business crowd..but burbs in great also for bring them into city for major events like make in america...u will get surge far rides

Ardery

I backed off Lyft a few weeks ago. I got a 2nd warning email about my low acceptance rating.

I emailed them back, "all I've been getting was pinged 20 minutes away. I'm not driving 20 minutes away to pick up a passenger. that is not reasonable." - only to get a instant reply "we're sorry this is not a valid email address" - so the email they used to contact me - doesn't actually take replies. unbelievable.

anyway, i tried turning it on yesterday. after 15 minutes, no pings, nothing. I just switched it back off and focused just on Uber.

Last edited:

Luis777

This is the furthest out I've seen... (on lyft) prime time..

Attachments

• IMG_4790.PNG
    IMG_4790.PNG
    88.5 KB · Views: 46