Uber Drivers Forum banner

Boost area not appearing on map

UberEats 
5K views 30 replies 10 participants last post by  DiceyDan 
#1 ·
When I click on promotions, then on a boost, it goes to the map but does not display. And the bottom where the description usually is, is blank.
I have rebooted.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled.
I have asked Rohit. He told me the sky is blue.

This started with the last update.
I have android oreo.

Anyone else with this issue?

#14 ·
I am seeing the same thing and have done everything when I emailed ubereats they told me the same thing boost may not be available in that area and I told them that's not the problem it's not showing for any area. Eventually they told me I should not base my trips plans off boost rate I told them I go where its busy and not off boost however I would like to plan where I want to go different areas have different business at different times i want to maximize my money and your app is not working. They have no fix and fail to understand what I am saying

#15 · (Edited)
I emailed them too, and they went through the normal routine.
restart your phone
uninstall reinstall app.
have a great day.
Other drivers I have talked to in person, have the same issue. It appears to be affecting only android phones, as iphone users have shown me their phones and they work.
Our only hope is probably a new update that will correct the issue. Do not expect them to admit that the last update broke anything.

I just sent them another message.
We'll say what they say.

When I click to see upcoming promotions, they appear. When I click on one of them to see it on the map, it does not appear, and the description at the bottom is blank.
This began with your last update. Please do not tell me to reboot and/or uninstall reinstall. I have already done that. It is occurring only on android phones from what I have seen.
This is my second message to you about this.
Please take this seriously and not answer with your usual The sky is blue response. Not all drivers are stupid. Some of us know how to use a phone.

#16 ·
So, I got a response from them.
Here it is.

I understand that wanted to know what happens on your promotion because it was disappeared on the map.

We appreciate you taking the time to troubleshoot the app because it is the best way to do. Since there was no reported issue regarding your concern, mostly, basic troubleshooting steps will do to resolve this issue. However, if the troubleshooting did not help you, we advised you to visit the nearest Greenlight hub in your city. You can refer to this link.

#21 ·
Its not about getting paid from the boost we cant see upcoming promotion. When I reached out to uber instead of trying to help me they told me I shouldn't based my rides off the boost amount because others could be doing the same thing and I could get more rides in a lower boost area ok but if the next city 10 min over is paying 1.8 and my city is 1.1 and I know the business in 1.8 boost zone is there I'm going to get the 1.8 my city is not that busy I can also do less driving and make the same or more. I've done it lol I went back and forth with 7 ppl from uber via the app and no one wanted to act like they understood the problem. ITS NOT SHOWING UPCOMING BOOST ANYWHERE UNDER UPCOMING PROMOTION ITS A BLANK MAP ITS NOT JUST MY AREA.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.