• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Boost area not appearing on map

Rickos69

When I click on promotions, then on a boost, it goes to the map but does not display. And the bottom where the description usually is, is blank.
I have rebooted.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled.
I have asked Rohit. He told me the sky is blue.

This started with the last update.
I have android oreo.

Anyone else with this issue?

YourFoodIsGettingCold

Mine too. I logged online and got a ping in a traditional boost area, and it didn't indicate there would be a boost applied, so I logged off.

Rickos69

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Mine says "boosts aren't available yet...check back ". I've never seen that before lol
That is different. Mine shows the promotions, but when you click on one to see it in the map, it does not appear.

Uberitc

I am seeing the same thing and have done everything when I emailed ubereats they told me the same thing boost may not be available in that area and I told them that's not the problem it's not showing for any area. Eventually they told me I should not base my trips plans off boost rate I told them I go where its busy and not off boost however I would like to plan where I want to go different areas have different business at different times i want to maximize my money and your app is not working. They have no fix and fail to understand what I am saying

Rickos69

I am seeing the same thing and have done everything when I emailed ubereats they told me the same thing boost may not be available in that area and I told them that's not the problem it's not showing for any area. Eventually they told me I should not base my trips plans off boost rate I told them I go where its busy and not off boost however I would like to plan where I want to go different areas have different business at different times i want to maximize my money and your app is not working. They have no fix and fail to understand what I am saying
I emailed them too, and they went through the normal routine.
restart your phone
uninstall reinstall app.
have a great day.
Other drivers I have talked to in person, have the same issue. It appears to be affecting only android phones, as iphone users have shown me their phones and they work.
Our only hope is probably a new update that will correct the issue. Do not expect them to admit that the last update broke anything.
Post automatically merged:

I just sent them another message.
We'll say what they say.

When I click to see upcoming promotions, they appear. When I click on one of them to see it on the map, it does not appear, and the description at the bottom is blank.
This began with your last update. Please do not tell me to reboot and/or uninstall reinstall. I have already done that. It is occurring only on android phones from what I have seen.
This is my second message to you about this.
Please take this seriously and not answer with your usual The sky is blue response. Not all drivers are stupid. Some of us know how to use a phone.

Last edited:

Rickos69

So, I got a response from them.
Here it is.

I understand that wanted to know what happens on your promotion because it was disappeared on the map.

We appreciate you taking the time to troubleshoot the app because it is the best way to do. Since there was no reported issue regarding your concern, mostly, basic troubleshooting steps will do to resolve this issue. However, if the troubleshooting did not help you, we advised you to visit the nearest Greenlight hub in your city. You can refer to this link.

potato

So, I got a response from them.
Here it is.

I understand that wanted to know what happens on your promotion because it was disappeared on the map.

We appreciate you taking the time to troubleshoot the app because it is the best way to do. Since there was no reported issue regarding your concern, mostly, basic troubleshooting steps will do to resolve this issue. However, if the troubleshooting did not help you, we advised you to visit the nearest Greenlight hub in your city. You can refer to this link.
So that means "Go @@@@ yourself and your phone...Ahmed down the street will do the job for no boost"

potato

That's about it!
Have you taken a delivery while this is happening? Do you get any boost? The one time this happened to me, it showed boost on the map, and then when I got a ping, it showed no boost on the ping pop up.

Rickos69

Have you taken a delivery while this is happening? Do you get any boost? The one time this happened to me, it showed boost on the map, and then when I got a ping, it showed no boost on the ping pop up.
The ping popups have stopped showing the boost factor a long time ago.

This weekend, I went out during a time that I knew they gave boost every weekend, and even though I could not get the boost zone on the map, yes, I received boost payment for the loads I did within the boost times.

However, Sunday evening, when there is usually a x1.1, and the promotion showed x1.1 - x1.5 (greater Chicago area),
I didn't get any boost payment, but maybe they cut it for my area. I can't tell because the boost zones won't display on the map anymore.
Post automatically merged:

Here's what I see. The boosts appear in the promotions, but when I click on anyone, it pops upt the map, but its not there. This began with the last update.
Screenshot_20190604-094529.png
Screenshot_20190604-094514.png

Last edited: