1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Boost AND Surge

Discussion in 'Pay' started by perry470, Dec 17, 2016.

1. perry470

perry470 Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Have you guys seen this before? First time seeing Surge and Boost at the same time. I thought they only pay the higher of the two and not both. Pretty sweet.

Capture.PNG

Shangsta likes this.
  2. Disgusted Driver

Disgusted Driver Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    What was the boost at that time. I'm guessing it was 1.3
    Since your surge fare was 1.2, they added .1 to get you up to 1.3

me2 likes this.
  3. Fuber1

Fuber1 Active Member

Driving 20 minutes for $9 is pretty sweet ?

Cigars and sfbayoldguy like this.
  4. Shangsta

Shangsta Well-Known Member

Comes out to 27 an hour.

Only 3 miles. If you can come out to 3 bucks a mile that is pretty good.

me2 likes this.
  5. Fuber1

Fuber1 Active Member

Dude stop lying to yourself
    You are pathetic

raplimo likes this.

6. Shangsta

Pathetic is being unable to make any money so you take it out on people more succesful than you. Sorry you failed at this, maybe find a new gig?

raplimo likes this.
  7. me2

me2 Active Member

Be nice we have a hard enough time driving for uber with out the driver being ass to one another

raplimo, Extra Cash and COUGARUBER like this.
  8. Fuber1

Fuber1 Active Member

It is impossible to go from 9$ in 20 minutes to 27$ an hour because out there in the real world it is going to take a few minutes to get the ping drive to the pickup the passenger waiting to coming out getting the next ping etc

raplimo likes this.
  9. Shangsta

So maybe its more like 22 dollars for 9 miles of driving? Still more than mimimum wage.

SpeedyGonzalez11 likes this.
  10. Rev. Dennis

Rev. Dennis New Member

All of the stories I read about Uber pay has me thinking you would be better off delivering pizzas, except you would not have the autonomy.

raplimo and COUGARUBER like this.
  11. COUGARUBER

COUGARUBER New Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I've being scammed all day everyday... The issues on pay boost mileage fees it's always something ! Trying to get paid for all of this is ridiculous !
    I'm heading down to UBERS headquarters here in SF and demand they go over ALL my trips and cut me a check. 6 months of periodically no boost added and showing different fees for same trip in histories. There are 2 trip histories if ya haven't noticed yet. I just discovered this yesterday did some research and BAM... UBER fees where not matching on trips. I noticed it was only trip where you made over 20 bucks. For instance one history the one we all check said 3.45 uber fee... then this other history i assume paid out i never saw it before.. the same trip read... uber fee 8.45... BAM stole 5 bucks ! BETTER check this... it's MADNESS every corner uber is ripping you off and it's no mistake !

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2016
    raplimo and JAnightrider like this.
  12. Craven Morehear

Craven Morehear Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Same here. Just realized Ihave a few trips that calculated with both Boost AND Surge. I'm confused. Shouldn't be that difficult! Guber is G-d Dam technology company!

Attached Files:

raplimo likes this.
  13. steveK2016

steveK2016 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    That happens to me all the time, if not every time. I didn't say anything because I didn't want to jinx it. I checked the last two times, last week, that I had both surge and boost at the same time and I got paid for both. I checked the math, and they aren't taking it back via the Uber Fee either.

I've cashed out and it's never been taken back...

Great job, ruining it for everyone!

raplimo likes this.
  14. MSUGrad9902

MSUGrad9902 Well-Known Member

The boost and surge fares mean there was a surge but not quite as much as the boost. They have separate line items because the pax pays the surge, but not the boost. So if you're in a 2.0 boost zone and the surge is 1.5 you'll have $10 fare, surge of $5, boost of $5 and then deduct the uber fee. Pax pays $15 plus the booking fee.

raplimo likes this.
  15. raplimo

raplimo Member

What about this carpool leg i had yesterday in sf:
    21 min, 1.72 miles at 8:04 am: Screenshot_20170210-083947.png

Fare with surge paid $4.71
    Minus surge $3.55
    Would have yielded only $1.16

There are never any pool legs for $1.16.
    I just wrote fuber.
    Such a waste of my time