• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Booking fee increase :(

johnkins

First I saw it with Lyft, that they are now charging $3/ride (the fee not shared) Uber was still $2.65. That was last week. Then last night I checked uber's again and see its $3.05. Remember they used to inform us every time this fee increased??? Insuring us "It wont effect how much you will make." Sure it does we are missing out on inflationary and market increases because of this fee.

nosurgenodrive

Regulations are soon to come. Just try to get through this period where they are trying to get away with whatever they can before the hammer drops. I recommend joining a number of the lawsuits in the works so that you can equalize what they are stealing from us.

Can anyone confirm that platinum rewards are different for different service levels? My platinum rewards do not mention the extra 3% added to the xl trip above.

johnkins

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You drive a different service. So, XL drivers get a cut? I thought it was only black. The booking fee isn't fair to the driver period. I wasn't aware that xl drivers get a cut of the booking fee.

Last edited:

picknyourseat

As a "licensed limo company", any rides that we take from Sky Harbor, the airport fee, or toll is paid to us. In turn, we are responsible for paying the fees to the airport.

When a Black Car or Black/SUV driver takes rides from the lower tiers, the booking fee is paid to us, as we provide the commercial insurance for that ride, not Uber.
Post automatically merged:

Can anyone confirm that platinum rewards are different for different service levels? My platinum rewards do not mention the extra 3% added to the xl trip above.
The 3% went away as of the last qualifying period, so anyone that has newly qualified during the current period will not get that bonus money.

doyousensehumor

When a Black Car or Black/SUV driver takes rides from the lower tiers, the booking fee is paid to us, as we provide the commercial insurance for that ride, not Uber.
If a ant who drives X had full commercial insurance, and set that up through uber, would he be getting part of the booking fee too?

The 3% went away as of the last qualifying period, so anyone that has newly qualified during the current period will not get that bonus money.
Interesting, since the 3% is still in the terms and conditions online for the Uber Pro program, as of today.

It states Effective May 1 2019:

For Platinum Tier Driver Partners, Driver Partners will earn an extra 3% on time and/or distance rates for every completed trip, while in the Platinum Tier. For Diamond Tier Driver Partners, Driver Partners will earn an extra 6% on time and/or distance rates for every ride, while in the Diamond Tier. For clarity, these earnings rewards shall apply to flat fare trips. Note that this Reward will be included as a separate line item on a Driver Partner's earnings summaries.

Last edited:

picknyourseat