• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Booked Hire Service Lic. / Uber / TMR

Golfer

Ok now 2 weeks ago Jayden ( i think )had a problem , he wanted to drive New Years Eve, but the TMR did not process his paperwork in time :frown:

The license became law in Jan 17th 2018 I paid mine on the 10th of that year , went through same day , and so expired on the 10th this year .

This year I paid it on the 8th Jan , now I have been offline till today the 14th Jan ( deactivated ) I was curious after Jaydens experience it's quiet anyhow , so dosent bother me .

Now that's 7 days depending on how you count it:smiles:

The suprise is the expiry date
It is now the 13th Jan 2020,

I was expecting the 10th but that would leave them open to charges of lost earnings for 7 days while they processed the doco ,

I am curious to know if anybody paid it early when uber was urging us with emails in late Nov.
Does your expiry date match the day it was prosessed.
This would only apply to drivers who have been driving 1 year , and had to have it 17th Jan 2018 .
I'm thinking next year , will pay it on 13th 15th 17th of Jan , ( don't work Jan ) as it will take 5_7 days to process so probably 20th etc to process it, manipulate it further away from xmas :rolleyes::rolleyes:
If I'm still driving :wink:

Last edited:

Beepbeep41

when my one was due last year I paid it early and lost like a month because they didn’t start it from the date the last one expired. This year they did it correctly and dated it from the expiration of the last one. They tell you on the website it could take 20 days so that clears them from any legal stuff I imagine... i suspect the only reason some drivers have lost work is because they were worried about loosing time like what happened to me.

We’re like flys to the department of transport, happy to hit us with a swat if to many of us are buzzing around.

Sleepo

Ok now 2 weeks ago Jayden ( i think )had a problem , he wanted to drive New Years Eve, but the TMR did not process his paperwork in time :frown:

The license became law in Jan 17th 2018 I paid mine on the 10th of that year , went through same day , and so expired on the 10th this year .

This year I paid it on the 8th Jan , now I have been offline till today the 14th Jan ( deactivated ) I was curious after Jaydens experience it's quiet anyhow , so dosent bother me .

I was expecting the 10th but that would leave them open to charges of lost earnings for 7 days while they processed the doco ,

I am curious to know if anybody paid it early when uber was urging us with emails in late Nov.
This would only apply to drivers who have been driving 1 year , and had to have it 17th Jan 2018 .
I'm thinking next year , will pay it on 13th 15th 17th of Jan , ( don't work Jan ) as it will take 5_7 days to process so probably 20th etc to process it, manipulate it further away from xmas :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Mine was due 29th November, paid it 20th November came back with correct dates, didn't submit to Uber until date it was due, had no problems, sounds like TMR in holiday mode,

Golfer

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Mine was due 29th November, paid it 20th November came back with correct dates, didn't submit to Uber until date it was due, had no problems, sounds like TMR in holiday mode,
The holiday mode, is what the lady at TMR insinuated , as she told me me the forms had to be manually viewed , and it may take time " at this time of year":rolleyes:

when my one was due last year I paid it early and lost like a month because they didn’t start it from the date the last one expired. This year they did it correctly and dated it from the expiration of the last one. They tell you on the website it could take 20 days so that clears them from any legal stuff I imagine... i suspect the only reason some drivers have lost work is because they were worried about loosing time like what happened to me.

We’re like flys to the department of transport, happy to hit us with a swat if to many of us are buzzing around.
Yeh you are right there beep "flys"
When sitting at the TMR 40 minutes, I sat near where our forms were , and watched how many took the form for the BHSL, now at least 10 but could have been limo / taxi :rolleyes:
( but didn't look like owners)

Also went to hub for a visit :rolleyes: ( with my receipt of payment ) to see if they could do anything of course they couldn't ,

Interesting visit all 8 booths were full , with the one on one lessons,
2 of those booths had " husband and wife " teams , learning / signing up .

When I walked in , no one lined up at reception desk , but 2 attendants

When leaving ,lined up back to front door ,
Best described , as" licorice allsorts ":eek:

Last edited:

Beepbeep41

The holiday mode, is what the lady at TMR insinuated , as she told me me the forms had to be manually viewed , and it may take time " at this time of year":rolleyes:

Yeh you are right there beep "flys"
When sitting at the TMR 40 minutes, I sat near where our forms were , and watched how many took the form for the BHSL, now at least 10 but could have been limo / taxi :rolleyes:
( but didn't look like owners)

Also went to hub for a visit :rolleyes: ( with my receipt of payment ) to see if they could do anything of course they couldn't ,

Interesting visit all 8 booths were full , with the one on one lessons,
2 of those booths had " husband and wife " teams , learning / signing up .

When I walked in , no one lined up at reception desk , but 2 attendants

When leaving ,lined up back to front door ,
Best described , as" licorice allsorts ":eek:
A husband & wife team probably makes renting a vehicle profitable

Tom20

I did mine on 4 jan 2019 and mine they just continued, expired 7 jan 2019, now expire 7 jan 2020 and issued 10 jan 2019

Golfer

Received an email from uber yesterday , who are now requiring all drivers to register their ABN/GST numbers ,
Has taken them a long time , they never bothered in the past
The ATO must have slapped them on the hand ,
I can only surmise the ATO were tired of doing all the chasing as now if your do not register your ABN/ AND GST , which in my case are the same number anyhow you will be deactivated as of the

22nd Jan 2019 :rolleyes:

So the ATO have cleverly passed / made their problem .
Ubers problem :smiles:
The old " pass the buck " further down the chain, alive and well:eek:

I should add this now forces uber to inform all those new signees I saw at the hub the other day , of their GST responsibilities, and quarterly BASS,

Last edited:

Sleepo

Received an email from uber yesterday , who are now requiring all drivers to register their ABN/GST numbers ,
Has taken them a long time , they never bothered in the past
The ATO must have slapped them on the hand ,
I can only surmise the ATO were tired of doing all the chasing as now if your do not register your ABN/ AND GST , which in my case are the same number anyhow you will be deactivated as of the

22nd Jan 2019 :rolleyes:

So the ATO have cleverly passed / made their problem .
Ubers problem :smiles:
The old " pass the buck " further down the chain, alive and well:eek:

I should add this now forces uber to inform all those new signees I saw at the hub the other day , of their GST responsibilities, and quarterly BASS,
I'm amazed anyone without an ABN and GST reg is on system, it shows their compliance department is pretty weak, or they just don't care as usual, anyway have fun boys and girls im off to asia for a month tonight

Golfer

Umm the email I received from uber re: GST/ABN, threatening deactivation 22nd Jan

After jumping through all the hoops , to prove who I was, verification process, up came my original document I had sent them 2017 ,
After viewing I had to press " Save"

So it seems the ATO / UBER are working in tandem to " cross drivers off a list" :rolleyes:
Or something like that , can't understand why they would want that again :rolleyes:
Some drivers may have found a way to rort the system , and now uber are making their own list at the behest of the ATO
and now with an oversupply of ants , can " toe the line" so to speak , with all ATO' s requests ,

So to all drivers just reply to the email , with if you havent already your GST number , it does not come up in documents .

If you have accidently deleted this email ring support on 1300 091 272, to check if you are in the " net "
I have deleted mine now , but pretty sure it said " you will be off the platform ( or something ) 22nd Jan 2019:eek:

Strange things happening , I noticed the green hub in Perth is closing , they say temporarily see Perth forum

Sam666

Hi guys, I am a new driver and I lodged my DA and BHSL on 11-1-19, but no reply at all. The speed was really slow....

Golfer

Hi guys, I am a new driver and I lodged my DA and BHSL on 11-1-19, but no reply at all. The speed was really slow....
666 probably end of next week Sat / Sun don't count, usually allow 2 weeks , there are many new drivers signing up , as told to me by the lady at the TMR, and what I witnessed at the hub
Public service , many are still on hols :smiles:
Wheels turn slowly especially with the2 documents the DA may be slowing things down , if you are from another state as your driving history has to be checked there as well:smiles:
Both these need manual checking ,

Last edited:

Sam666

666 probably end of next week Sat / Sun don't count, usually allow 2 weeks , there are many new drivers signing up , as told to me by the lady at the TMR, and what I witnessed at the hub
Public service , many are still on hols :smiles:
Wheels turn slowly especially with the2 documents the DA may be slowing things down , if you are from another state as your driving history has to be checked there as well:smiles:
Both these need manual checking ,
Thank you Golfer for your kind answer. Yes, lots of new uber drivers nowadays. I went to the Hub last week and it was packed, the staff working there keep replacing the water bottle and milk for the coffee machine.