Bolt (formerly Taxify)

Kurt Halfyard

Author
The European Rideshare company has crossed the year mark between promising to launch in this market and NOT launching in the Greater Toronto Area.

And yet I keep hitting 'update' on my iPhone as they push out new updates every few weeks.

Why?

ryan137

I don't see how they can launch now. They will have to have drivers re-do all their safety inspections and background checks. After a year of waiting, how many would even be willing to go through the effort of this?

Token44

Facedrive has enough awareness to make it into the lead-off text for MISSISSAUGA TNC consultations alongside with Uber/Lyft.

https://yoursay.mississauga.ca/tnc-project
That's only because they applied to the City of Mississauga to operate there.
Uber, Lyft, and Faceplant are the three companies that gave the city their $20k.
So they get included.

If "Bob's Rideshare" paid the city, their name would be on that site too.

Kurt Halfyard

Author
It's finally made OFFICIAL (to me anyway). TAXIFY Support got back to me today saying they are NO LONGER IN TORONTO in any capacity.

Taxify.JPG

citytypeofguy

Lol that is so true it's scarry... when I saw this thread surface, I was like, Oh yeah, I wonder if Harry gonna post about $50.. whatever happened to that. Lol... so I open the thread, and behold, my question is answered.
Hahahahaha yup lol Harry is an uber legend. Taxify wasn’t good enough for Toronto anyways. SoftBank having tough time losing money By funding Lyft to be here.

(SoftBank owns Lyft and taxify and uber lol)