Boca people - worse than average?

shellienetz

Has anyone noticed that Uber pax in Boca are generally more demanding (ie backseat driving, asking for stops, no tips) than those in Delray or WPB?

It really stings when I pick someone up from a multi-million dollar mansion and they can't scrounge up a $2 tip.

Context: I drove for two months while trying to find a job (hence why I couldn't just "not drive and do something else" like many unsympathetic commenters snidely suggest) and burned out very quickly.

Casuale Haberdasher

Has anyone noticed that Uber pax in Boca are generally more demanding (ie backseat driving, asking for stops, no tips) than those in Delray or WPB?

It really stings when I pick someone up from a multi-million dollar mansion and they can't scrounge up a $2 tip.

Context: I drove for two months while trying to find a job (hence why I couldn't just "not drive and do something else" like many unsympathetic commenters snidely suggest) and burned out very quickly.

POST#1/shellienetz: "Ahoy!" & Welcome
to the UP.Net/Forums from
85°F with Sun &Clouds on Marco Island
WNW on Tamiami Trail & you're here.

One and done ? After 2 1/2 months I
would URGE you to interact more BOTH
on UPNF, AND by way of the ZELLO Net
Works set up from Palm Beach South
to enable Real Time Communications
with "Push-to-Talk" ease for A-B TNC
Drivers. "What's App", a Text Based
Service is also used by Your Colleagues.

Courageous in PBC is the National
UPNF Expert in these Technologies.
Reach her via "Conversation" Function
by clicking on her "Giraffes in Sun
Glasses" Avatar.

Mentoring Bison: Here since 07 DEC 2014.

jrel

Lmao at Bourne uses their instead of they're to describe how stupid someone is. Anyone who lives in a nice area and does not tip gets a 3 star teens get a 1 just because they are annoying to give rides to. If the people are nice and dont tip and live in a general area not upscale then they get a 4. Only people to get 5 are tippers. Learned a long time ago riders dont care about your rating so you dont worry about theirs.

Flacco

No problem getting a ride at any time with Uber. Just might take a little longer but be ready anyway like all good passengers : )

Manotas

I don't know if they're worst than other riders than don't tip, that's the majority of Uber Pax anyway. Even Uber still says "we settled, drivers can ask for a tip, but you don't have to" https://medium.com/@UberPubPolicy
With that said, I've driven people to and from Boca a few times and never once got a tip; and the worst was a couple I took to a hotel, they even tipped the valet that took their luggage in front of me.

Beachhead

No. They are locals as opposed to tourists.
Tourists are focused on price. Locals are looking for quality.
More stops means more money for you. I love extra stops. I am not hurrying to wait another hour for a ping.