1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

BMW 3 Series for UBER?

Discussion in 'Toronto' started by AdamS.UBER17, Mar 8, 2017.

1. AdamS.UBER17

AdamS.UBER17 Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I'm currently driving a used 2012 Hyundai Sonata I purchased strictly for UberX. I find it's cost-effective for fuel and insurance but thinking of selling it to off-set some recent costs.

I also own a payed off 2013 BMW 3 Series (328i) which I'm considering using for select. Fuel might be an extra $10 more which I don't mind. I'm MAINLY concerned about the SAFETY and maintaining the AESTHETICS of my car. Anybody on here Drive select?

I'm aware the fares are higher but once again I'm concerned about the passengers using my vehicle and not how much more I can make. What's your experience been select drivers with the pax?

In terms of type of Clients: If I use the BMW, I'll be accepting UberX requests as well and driving only in the Mornings (professionals going to work) mon-for 5am - 10am and if the weekends then 6pm- 11pm before the drunks show up. Thoughts?

2. Hannibalb

Hannibalb Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Not enough select requests. Don't waste your time and money

Double J and Nick3946 like this.
  3. AdamS.UBER17

AdamS.UBER17 Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Thanks for the response. The reason I'm considering select is not to increase my income but because the 328 is the only car I'll have left after selling the hyundai.

I use uber to supplement my income in the mornings before I head to work so I'm not dependent on it for a living. Fares aren't my concern.

My question and concern is about how the select drivers have found UberX and UberSelect PASSENGERS treat the car. Are they careful entering, using, and exiting the car considering it's a luxury brand.

Ive had no issues with UberX pax so far negatively affecting the car except my own mistake of a small fender bender while backing into a snow pile (no back up cam on my hyundai).

4. Uberchampion

Uberchampion Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    In a nutshell no.

You've been lucky to date . I'm sure there are tons of stories about pax not respecting drivers cars.

Keep your Hyundai or lower your expectations on your Beemer.

5. pista05

pista05 Active Member

I suggest selling the 328 and getting a m4 for uber select

Deoxlar, MrX, Gill002 and 2 others like this.
  6. Malik1

Malik1 Well-Known Member

You would end up doing lot of Uberx calls. Get ready for doors smashing every time pax leave the car. It would be expensive to maintain 3 series in long run.

7. Driving and Driven

Driving and Driven Well-Known Member

If you already have the BMW and are going to sell the Sonata, it makes sense to me. Don't get into another car note when you have one paid for and in the driveway. You may not get many select trips but each one you get will be one more than you would get with the Sonata, so...

AdamS.UBER17 likes this.
  8. AdamS.UBER17

AdamS.UBER17 Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Now that you mention it, I remember a fighting couple completely oblivious to how loud and rowdy they were fighting the entire ride. Angry boyfriend slammed my door when he got out and I almost wanted to get out and smack him in the face... and that was for my used Hyundai Sonata. I probabaly would smack the rider if it was my bimmer

Thanks for the response guys. I'll just keep the sonata and keep driving UberX. Besides, looks like the market isn't really there for it in Toronto anyways

The bimmer is my baby and it's my personal car. The fact that I had to ask this question should tell me I don't want random strangers in the back.

If select drivers told me I'd get more select rider requests (higher end clientele) and pax would treat it with respect, I would consider it. Main concern is with the UberX pax; mornings should be fine; just the Friday evenings and weekends I'm worried about.

9. Driving and Driven

I misunderstood. If keeping the Sonata is an option, do that.

10. AdamS.UBER17

AdamS.UBER17 Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Thanks, I was going to sell it but if I want to continue driving Uber I think I'll have to keep it. Besides, running up the KM on the bimmer will help it drastically depreciate and increase the maintenance costs. Not sure if select would be worth it in the end.

Do you drive select? If you do, how much do you find you end up making for how many hours of work?

11. Driving and Driven

I do not drive Select, however, I have been considering it for a while and looking into it more and more. While the forced Uber X pings are a huge detractor, I may end up upgrading my car and doing it anyway. I don't know why.

:D

AdamS.UBER17 and mKat like this.
  12. AdamS.UBER17

AdamS.UBER17 Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Lol, after recommending not to do select. :rolleyes: If there was more demand, I'd def drive select for the better pax and money despite some of the downfalls and intial high price investment. what car you think of purchasing?

If you're serious about it and get to driving select, let me know how it goes. Based on your feedback, I'll temporarily try it. I feel like part of the appeal for me is just driving in a Lux car working with high end clientele.

13. Driving and Driven

I didn't recommend you don't do select. I was just agreeing with your notion that you are personally attached to that BMW and would hate to pile the miles onto it when you have a perfectly good Uber X vehicle parked next to it. Anyway, It's just my opinion and, as you see, is subject to change on a whim. :D

If I do try select, I will definitely post about it. It won't be right way, I promise you that. LOL

Not sure which vehicle yet. That depends on the deal I find.

AdamS.UBER17 likes this.
  14. AdamS.UBER17

AdamS.UBER17 Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I'd recommend the 2012+ Lexus IS/ES (fuel efficient and good looks), Acura TSX, Merc C250, 328, Older RX, or Jag XF.

my beauty in black... the one I intend to keep away from random drunk frat boys on Friday nights
    IMG_1295.jpg

Well you're adept at reading scenarios and providing rationale solutions. Though like you said, it's subject to change while not always explainable (maybe curiosity or want overtaking need) when it comes to reality. I appreciate the responses and insight while answering my questions. When youre ready to purchase a car for select, message me. My buddy works at a used dealership and can help you get a good deal ;)

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
    Driving and Driven likes this.
  15. Gill002

Gill002 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I would definitely not drive the BMW

There's a lot of guys that drive select and only do a total of 4-5 calls of select

And they're full time, ur chances are even lower

16. uberpoolfool

uberpoolfool Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    haha ha
    three series bmw for uber?

17. Driving and Driven

There are people who drive nicer cars for higher Uber tiers and make good money.

Not all of them, but if you know when and where to drive, it helps.

AdamS.UBER17 likes this.
  18. Deoxlar

Deoxlar Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    The way they treat your sonata is the same they'll treat your BMW. If they didn't care for your sonata what makes you think your bimmer deserves more respect lol

Your select riders will be better. They are less demanding and more respectful people overall, but 1 in 20 of rides you take will be select. You should just add your bimmer to uber now and test it for yourself.

Uberchampion and AdamS.UBER17 like this.
  19. 5*driver

5*driver Member

finance a corolla, it is about $22k. 40L of gas can run 500+. the gas matters bro

AdamS.UBER17 likes this.
  20. Uberxdriver111

Uberxdriver111 Active Member

Those new sonatas are nice looking

Myxx, AdamS.UBER17 and cabanashirt like this.