• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

blue uber light

DJF

I was pulled over last night on westbank for having blue uber light...threatened a ticket but let me go...got same treatment in WBR a couple of weeks ago...asked BR police and he said it was ridiculous... who would mistake uber light for police? anyone else had similar problem?

Hustlin2Long

I was pulled over last night on westbank for having blue uber light...threatened a ticket but let me go...got same treatment in WBR a couple of weeks ago...asked BR police and he said it was ridiculous... who would mistake uber light for police? anyone else had similar problem?
The amber blue uber light that you order off of the internet is illegal! You was very lucky that that officer did not write you a ticket for it! Anything that resembols the amber blue lights that any law inforcement agency uses is against the law period! Knowing you ,you will continue to display this amber blue uber light and you will be getting pulled over and given a ticket. There's alot of uber drivers with this amber blue uber light and was pulled over one time or another But was given a warning! It's only a matter of time that you have this amber blue uber light on and you pass up or come in contact with Mr.Dick@ead officer, that will stick it to you!My advise I'd for you to throw that amber blue uber light away it's not worth the $180 ticket plus court cost!

Rwdoughboy

The amber blue uber light that you order off of the internet is illegal! You was very lucky that that officer did not write you a ticket for it! Anything that resembols the amber blue lights that any law inforcement agency uses is against the law period! Knowing you ,you will continue to display this amber blue uber light and you will be getting pulled over and given a ticket. There's alot of uber drivers with this amber blue uber light and was pulled over one time or another But was given a warning! It's only a matter of time that you have this amber blue uber light on and you pass up or come in contact with Mr.Dick@ead officer, that will stick it to you!My advise I'd for you to throw that amber blue uber light away it's not worth the $180 ticket plus court cost!
During Christmas Season 2018 - I installed a simple stand of Blue Christmas Lights inside the top of my Blue Ford Expedition. When it was extremely busy on a Friday or Saturday night I would text my Rider to look for my Blue a Expedition with Blue inside lights. This worked out great for Riders finding me quickly among all of the many other U/L drivers. I drove by or sat next to many, many police, sheriff or state police cars at stop lights and they never gave me a second look.

Then one night a Charlotte, NC City Police officer pulled me over for the Blue Lights while I had 7 riders on board. He told me I was committing a serious infraction for the blue lights. I asked him how they could even look like police lights. He said it did not matter if they did or not. They were blue and he could arrest me on the spot. I immediately turned them off and asked him what colors were legal to run. He said anything but blue. He said that even the new Uber dash signs that are blue were going to be pulled over and told the same thing. That first time was a warning but plated numbers were being recorded and second or more offenses would mean high fines and or arrest.

I then found "Tape Led Lights" on Amazon that me change colors with a remote. 600 led lights, 24 feet long for only $50 plus a $10 12 volt to 110 volt 100 watt adapter. No more problems with the police since then and my Friday and Saturday night Riders love them. My Tips and Ratings have sky rocketed since the change.

Hustlin2Long

During Christmas Season 2018 - I installed a simple stand of Blue Christmas Lights inside the top of my Blue Ford Expedition. When it was extremely busy on a Friday or Saturday night I would text my Rider to look for my Blue a Expedition with Blue inside lights. This worked out great for Riders finding me quickly among all of the many other U/L drivers. I drove by or sat next to many, many police, sheriff or state police cars at stop lights and they never gave me a second look.

Then one night a Charlotte, NC City Police officer pulled me over for the Blue Lights while I had 7 riders on board. He told me I was committing a serious infraction for the blue lights. I asked him how they could even look like police lights. He said it did not matter if they did or not. They were blue and he could arrest me on the spot. I immediately turned them off and asked him what colors were legal to run. He said anything but blue. He said that even the new Uber dash signs that are blue were going to be pulled over and told the same thing. That first time was a warning but plated numbers were being recorded and second or more offenses would mean high fines and or arrest.

I then found "Tape Led Lights" on Amazon that me change colors with a remote. 600 led lights, 24 feet long for only $50 plus a $10 12 volt to 110 volt 100 watt adapter. No more problems with the police since then and my Friday and Saturday night Riders love them. My Tips and Ratings have sky rocketed since the change.
Lol
You stated since you installed this so called "Tape Led Lights" that your promoting on this platform that set you back $60.00 plus shipping and handling plus taxes! Your Tips and Ratings from riders that rated your service sky rocketed since this change. If this is so true as your stated, please provide us with a screen shot of your overall 5 star rating and your previous tips that you stated has increased after you install these so called "Tape Led Lights"? Keep in mind your overall 5 star rating is calculated from the last 500 completed rides that these riders submitted there rating on. Any riders that opt not to rate you on the trip they took will be null and voided, meaning does not count towards your 500 completed rides you have successfully Done!

For you to insinuate that after you installed these $60.00 Lights your tips and rating skyrocketed since the change is very hard to believe! Unless the last 500 rides you've given "All the Riders " rated you which to be honest, only happens in the real world! Your overall 5 star rating will not change dramadically by have riders rating you regarding there trip experience! But does change real fast if a rider gives you a lower score than a 5 star rating!

But good luck with you promoting a product thats off of amazon! Amber blue lights in general and red lights and even yellow lights are illegal, so you can call it how you want to, but in the end..
........you will be getting a ticket for having any of these lights displayed in your vehicle. Keep driving and make that money!

Rwdoughboy

Hustlin2Long - Man, I can not figure out if you are attacking my honesty, are sincerely interested in the idea or just another troll causing trouble. All I was attempting to do was to share an idea that has proven to work for me. I am not trying to promote any particular product from any particular supplier. I am just providing usable info if anyone is interested.

I do not feel I need to provide any business info to you or anyone just to provide proof that what I have said is true. Why do all of the "Trolls" always want some type of proof of what another is stating is the truth?????

I have attached a screen shot of my current Uber Rating. I will also state that my rating has varied from a high of 9.70 to a low of 9.10 for the past 2 years. I have never been lower than the 9.1. The low points happen after I am forced to stop in the middle of a ride and kick the riders out after they get out of hand or I tell a rider they can not smoke, drink, eat, go through a drive thru for them, harass the driver or even worse in my car. So your "500 Rider" theory looks correct for my rating history so far as winning some riders over and no so positive with others. But I do more winning than losing.

Now let's see if you are a troll or interested in shared new ideas.

To put everything in perspective, I drive Uber XL about 80 to 85 per cent of the time. I drive Friday and Saturday nights from 9pm to 5am 90 per cent of the time. I have been driving Uber 100 per cent, have been driving 2 and a half years, driven over 3,100 rides and had over 15,000 riders in these rides.

Now let's see if you are a troll or interested in possible new ideas that might help a few drivers make more tips or increased ratings.

Hustlin2Long

Hustlin2Long - Man, I can not figure out if you are attacking my honesty, are sincerely interested in the idea or just another troll causing trouble. All I was attempting to do was to share an idea that has proven to work for me. I am not trying to promote any particular product from any particular supplier. I am just providing usable info if anyone is interested.

I do not feel I need to provide any business info to you or anyone just to provide proof that what I have said is true. Why do all of the "Trolls" always want some type of proof of what another is stating is the truth?????

I have attached a screen shot of my current Uber Rating. I will also state that my rating has varied from a high of 9.70 to a low of 9.10 for the past 2 years. I have never been lower than the 9.1. The low points happen after I am forced to stop in the middle of a ride and kick the riders out after they get out of hand or I tell a rider they can not smoke, drink, eat, go through a drive thru for them, harass the driver or even worse in my car. So your "500 Rider" theory looks correct for my rating history so far as winning some riders over and no so positive with others. But I do more winning than losing.

Now let's see if you are a troll or interested in shared new ideas.

To put everything in perspective, I drive Uber XL about 80 to 85 per cent of the time. I drive Friday and Saturday nights from 9pm to 5am 90 per cent of the time. I have been driving Uber 100 per cent, have been driving 2 and a half years, driven over 3,100 rides and had over 15,000 riders in these rides.

Now let's see if you are a troll or interested in possible new ideas that might help a few drivers make more tips or increased ratings.
The product you are promoting does not change how a rider rates you. You jump around alot with your post and to be honest with you if your calling me a "Troll" than so be it! Would I challenge somebody integrity if I find that what that person is promoting does not benefit a rider trying to make money....." Dang Right"!! XL means you have a third row seating or a mini van which pays you alittle more money but majoring of your rides will be X passengers! Just because you can do both X and XL doesn't change the way a rider will rate you after the fair has ended! And I disagree with your calculation in regards to you've been driving for 2 and a half years, from 9pm to 5am you drive uber XL 80 to 85 per cent of the time would make you a driver that doesn't make money unless you have your uber X also on. The reason why I'm saying this is because I also have XL option!when I had my caravan majority of my trips was X riders!
If your rating is 9.70 5 star rating to 9.10 5 Star rating.... You should be very ashamed to brag about your poor rating. Uber standards to keep driving on there platform is 4.85 you missed the mark for the past two years.... Are you sure you drive for uber or are you wishing you was driving for a ride hailing company??? Uber platform should of deactivated you years ago!
So what your posting is called "TROLLING"! Nice try your a troller!!!?????

My rating is 4.97 5 star rating!
Yours as you stated in your postOMG is 4.70 to 4.10 5 star rating!

Can somebody reading this post do the math????

What this person posting doesn't make sense!

Last edited: