Black Wednesday

DrinkSoda

This article was written last year. The focus here is Naperville, which has a heavy bar presence in its downtown area. In my opinion the night before Thanksgiving doesn't get the same attention as NYE or St. Pat's, but its a significant party night. Especially with many college students home for the holiday. As mentioned before, rideshare demand should be elevated, especially around bar closing time.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...day-revelry-plans-st-1123-20161122-story.html

Jinxstone

I worked bars in my misspent youth. The day before Thanksgiving was usually the biggest night of the year but it's amateur hour so be alert and if you have plastic seat covers left over from Lolla this might be a good time to drag them back out.

WestBurbsMac

Two days ago, my upstairs neighbor was locked out, wasted, fly and buckle open, wet pants. I assume he pissed himself.

I thought "you are my blackout Wednesday rider". Ugh.

pizza guy

Two years ago I made insane money downtown Naperville. Downtown Downers Grove was also good that night. Constant stacked pings with me turning down anything under 2.5x to wait for something higher. Best part of the night is that I never went more than 10 miles from home the entire night.

ChiUberDude

I never understood the hype around about bar closing times. Basically there is a narrow window of time where people either need to get home or from a 2am bar to a 4am bar. If you’re lucky you get a couple 2-3X+ surges if it’s really crazy on shorter than average trips. Hardly a game changer.

leroy jenkins

if you're going for Black Wednesday, stay in the suburbs, it's the returning college kids going to local bars.

Or at least that's what I remember from all the moaning about the hit/miss Black Wednesday from all the drivers who wrote that the stayed in the city.

Go search the old threads. the answers will be there.

And don't kid yourself, it's not going to be like Halloween if you're parked and waiting for pings in Lincoln Park.

leroy jenkins

Today is why you don't drive with Lyft when it matters. You have no idea if the Lyft pink squares will pay out with Prime Time, you have to make a guess after looking at the passenger app.

At least Uber it's transparent if surge is there.

xcnco

If stay far away from there unless you are trying to collect a vomit clean up fee. Police galore drooling to give you a ticket. Bars closed way early. I want to say most of the bars had last call at like 11.

lakersfan1

I heard people talking about FriendsGiving on Saturday night. So it's going to be all over the place. In the burbs, it will be 35 YO wine parties in Naperville and Downers Grove. In the city it will be 25 YO on Yager shots vomiting in your cars after 1AM. Either way, cut yourself off after 1AM if it's MILFs in the burbs, or responsible drinkers in the city.

ChiUberDude

Not too great. The long trips and airport runs are over for the day. Pings are there but all short trips at base rates, so giddy up and meet that quest. Below shot shows 6 Uber cars within .25 miles.

F66F21BA-3F4B-4DDD-AAF9-81DF4B4B82AD.png 3ACF14BA-8E1E-4FF2-801B-5DBB93ECCAB0.png