1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

BLACK / SUV insurance ?

Discussion in 'Licensed' started by Uberkidd, Jan 10, 2015.

1. Uberkidd

Uberkidd Member

sup fellows, just curious how does the insurance company quote us on pricing for licensed transportation companies,

do they look at your best drivers (driving records) or they look under your owners driving record when giving us a quote? PLEASE HELP..

2. Suberman

Suberman Active Member

I am contracted out by several small commercial insurance companies. These companies typically consist of one small building or one small floor with a smattering of employees unlike personal auto insurance companies like Geico or All-State. The personal auto insurance companies have various formulas and, depending on what state you are in, those formulas are regulated by the law. As for commercial auto insurance rates that is the wild wild west. I once worked for the personal auto insurance side and when I crossed over to the commercial side it was literally like a "zoo". Rest assured your commercial auto claim will be handled, one day, and it will get paid...that is...if you can get someone to return your calls.

What you need is an experienced insurance agent. You need to ask around and see what companies are the best for you.

When I say the UberX insurance policy which Uber provides is the best, I truly mean it. Of course, if you are going BlackCar/SUV than you will have to be thrown to the wolves. Most limo services in Jersey pay 10k per year per car. In NYC its a bit cheaper, but you still pay several thousand per year per car.

3. Tx rides

Tx rides Well-Known Member

You appear to be confusing AGENTS with actual COMPANIES. There are only a few commercial companies out there.

For the life of me, I don't know why you keep plugging Uber as the best commercial coverage. UNLESS they have extended the coverage to "app on" phase as primary, drivers are AT RISK during the troll period, and deserve to know the truth.

4. rtaatl

rtaatl Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberBLACK
    It really depends on which city/state you're operating in. Here in Georgia a sedan is around $2500-$3000 per year. SUVs run around $5000. That's why a lot of us are independent because we can afford to be.

JaxBeachDriver and Tx rides like this.
  5. SDUberdriver

SDUberdriver Well-Known Member

Here in CA ,its based on your vehicle. Under 9 passengers the amount you need is $750K, over 10 passengers its a cool Million dollars. Start ups pay more. I have a SUV and pay about $3300 per year. I also have my TCP

6. Uberkidd

Uberkidd Member

Yo Jason, any commercial agents or company you recommend using here in CA?

7. SDUberdriver

SDUberdriver Well-Known Member

I don't like to recommend or refer people to companies .

8. JaxBeachDriver

JaxBeachDriver Well-Known Member

I heard here in Jax, if your car has more than 6 seatbelts, you need $1 million insurance to get airport privileges.... airport mandates that, no one else.

9. Jon Michael Plotter

Jon Michael Plotter Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Anyone have Geico commercial insurance that are doing UberBlack? I contacted them for one, but sure if they connect directly with the DOT/PUC to give them proof of insurance.

10. UberSchmuber

UberSchmuber Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    Anyone in NJ know how much they are getting for a 7 pax (+ 1 Driver) Suburban for Uber SUV/Lyft LUX?