• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Black pax

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyfted13

I have noticed that the last few black pax I have picked up had no photo when the request came in, but after I accepted, all of the sudden there was a photo. Has anyone else noticed this? I read somewhere,( might have been here) that black pax, on average have to wait longer for drivers to accept their rides than white people. This thread is probably gonna end up locked lol, but I was just curious to know if this is coincidence, or a thing?

GreatWhiteHope

I have noticed that the last few black pax I have picked up had no photo when the request came in, but after I accepted, all of the sudden there was a photo. Has anyone else noticed this? I read somewhere,( might have been here) that black pax, on average have to wait longer for drivers to accept their rides than white people. This thread is probably gonna end up locked lol, but I was just curious to know if this is coincidence, or a thing?
Because they’re rich bro

Pax that order Lux Black wanna stay low key

duhhhhh

Matt Uterak

Could be intentional. Could be systems issues.

Traditional black names get a pass or cancel from me depending on the pickup location. There are few blacks in my community, so most are tourists or here for a temp job.

Lissetti

Rebel Honey Badger
Article Manager
I've know a few Ants of color to deliberately use extra flash in their app photo, to attempt to ward off repeated cancels by skittish pax. Its a shame my friend Carl (a large black man with a wife and two daughters) gets a lot of cancels in a row by the same female pax. Sometimes he drives to the location anyways to see WTH is going on, only to watch his pax get into a Prius with a Caucasian driver. Could be just coincidence but.....

Dekero

I've know a few Ants of color to deliberately use extra flash in their app photo, to attempt to ward off repeated cancels by skittish pax. Its a shame my friend Carl (a large black man with a wife and two daughters) gets a lot of cancels in a row by the same female pax. Sometimes he drives to the location anyways to see WTH is going on, only to watch his pax get into a Prius with a Caucasian driver. Could be just coincidence but.....
Sadly it's her money... If she prefer not be driven by an ethnic group more power to her. It's completely acceptable for her to spend her money and get what she expects.. however it is sad that she not give him a chance to provide her with a great ride. Very shallow of her as well, but who knows maybe she was raped or traumatized as a kid... That's just it we don't know what baggage a person has...

Lissetti

Rebel Honey Badger
Article Manager
Sadly it's her money... If she prefer not be driven by an ethnic group more power to her. It's completely acceptable for her to spend her money and get what she expects.. however it is sad that she not give him a chance to provide her with a great ride. Very shallow of her as well, but who knows maybe she was raped or traumatized as a kid... That's just it we don't know what baggage a person has...
Sometimes its also ignorance. I have caramel colored skin. I am Italian with my family having had came to America in 1963. I'm about 23% Chiricahua Apache. In my opinion,I'm American. Yet I've had numerous pax exclaim, "Oh wow! you DO speak English!! Where did you learn to speak it so well?"

Lyfted13

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That happens to me sometimes. I am black and whenever someone cancels on me immediately more than once, If it is slow, I go to see what’s going on and a lot of the time I see them jump in someone else’s car, even when I get there way before they do. Not to jump to conclusions either, I know some female pax will cancel on all male drivers, but I am aware of racial profiling and can’t help but wonder.

Lissetti

Rebel Honey Badger
Article Manager
That happens to me sometimes. I am black and whenever someone cancels on me immediately more than once, If it is slow, I go to see what’s going on and a lot of the time I see them jump in someone else’s car, even when I get there way before they do. Not to jump to conclusions either, I know some female pax will cancel on all male drivers, but I am aware of racial profiling and can’t help but wonder.
I know for a fact some pax cancel on other drivers due to gender too. I'm female and I've had female pax tell me they canceled on as much as 7 other drivers because they were male, and they were going to keep doing it until they got a female driver. They told me they even told Uber that's why they keep cancelling. Also, I've also sat in front of a club at bar close and watched two guys staring at me while fooling with their phones. When I finally got a request, lo and behold it was them, and they told me they had just kept canceling other drivers until they got me.

So if Pax can cancel on multiple drivers just based on gender, I'm sure race is also considered in the equation.

SHalester

wow, OP refers to a black pax. Then it goes to drivers of color? sheesh. I don't care what color, race etc my pax are It's a ping; point A to B. They in my home area, they are in.
I'm white and in my home area I'm very much a minority

Benjamin M

Racist drivers do their pax a favor by cancelling on them. Who wants a MAGA KKK driver except their own feeble-minded kind?
I have canceled when I see the pick up address or destination. Why? Because I know from experience that those trips often involve highly disrespectful pax, guaranteed no tip, destination pin is always off (no idea why), and I have to eat dead miles leaving these high crime places. I'm not wanted there.

Racism is a two way street. I grew tired of being treated like crap and down rated by pax going to or from parts of the city because of the color of my skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.