Black CAR FHV. How do I encourage TLC to enforce airport rules?

Inshur

Drive2bFree

I do airport pickups inside and I'm amazed at how some groups use the terminals as their own bases to scam passengers/tourists, while I follow the law of having a prearranged ride.

They ask passengers if they want a taxi or Uber ride.

The airport workers do not care and sometimes are friends with the touts. I have seen the red jacket workers laughing and joking with the tout as he says This is my terminal!

What is the best way to have TLC and Port Authority get undercover agents to bust this disgusting behavior? This airport taxi scam is a mark of a second world country, not the civilized city that we claim to be.

Slow Joe

Yeah, I'd let it go. I'm of the opinion that more government enforcement and oversight is the last thing anybody needs.

Brooklyn

They'll never go away. They are parasites. The TLC doesn't find it worth paying a few employees to stand there ticketing/arresting everyone because they won't make their money back.

Just for fun Detroit

That is completely ridiculous!! Here in Detroit there is a message that plays over the public address system that asks passengers to report this type of behavior! I have never seen this happening in the United States before. I agree that it is something you would expect in Mexico or Dominican Republic not here.

EcoboostMKS

That is completely ridiculous!! Here in Detroit there is a message that plays over the public address system that asks passengers to report this type of behavior! I have never seen this happening in the United States before. I agree that it is something you would expect in Mexico or Dominican Republic not here.
That message is played at every airport in America. This also goes on at every airport in America.

uberdriver67

Lol these guys drop into the city for minimum $150 and probably make $1000 a day. Port authority cops are undercover and lock them up all the time but when you're making that money why would spending a few hours in central bookings mean anything.

Btw TLC has nothing to do with it nor NYPD because it is our of their jurisdiction and since majority of these guys have private plates, then TLC can't do nothing to them.

since Tlc can't tow cars anymore, and hustlers with private plates don't have Tlc licenses, it's pointless to give them a ticket when they know they're never going to pay it.

TLC is merely mall security that only has control of TLC-licenses vehicles

FastEddie

I saw Lincoln with regular NY plates with a Uber glow light trolling for pax in midtown yesterday lol u can't make this stuff up

uberdriver67

I saw Lincoln with regular NY plates with a Uber glow light trolling for pax in midtown yesterday lol u can't make this stuff up
I've seen a Lincoln with North Carolina plates doing the same thing. This is nothing new and has been a problem longer before the idea of Uber existed

Only difference is before they had a Dial 7 sign now they have Uber signs

nickd8775

There are some cars with TLC plates doing this too. Car service drivers who dropped a customer at the airport who don't want to go to Manhattan empty.

uberdriver67

Wrong. Hustlers at the airport will never be seen anywhere else.

The people that go there are people who don't care about going to jail

Admitter

I do airport pickups inside and I'm amazed at how some groups use the terminals as their own bases to scam passengers/tourists, while I follow the law of having a prearranged ride.

The airport workers do not care and sometimes are friends with the touts. I have seen the red jacket workers laughing and joking with the tout as he says This is my terminal!

What is the best way to have TLC and Port Authority get undercover agents to bust this disgusting behavior? This airport taxi scam is a mark of a second world country, not the civilized city that we claim to be.
Lol is there a way i can report TLC to federal government for being corrupt ?

Drive2bFree

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Lol is there a way i can report TLC to federal government for being corrupt ?
You know the TLC got spanked in Federal Court last year because they seized cars before proving the car owner was guilty, right?

A TLC agent told me directly he couldn't seize my car and just wanted to see my credentials.

Vanstaal

The guys you are referring to have been around for decades. The TLC and PAPD are well aware about them.
The real threat you should worry about is the $1/mile .

NoCommission

If the government didn't enforce the law on Uber when they broke the law in the whole country by this UberX illegal service. what do you expect?

Inshur New York