• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Black Cabbies don't care about womens safety

Harold Shand

What checks are BC's subjected too over ph's or is it just an uninformed opinion
Multiple face to face appearances in front of an ex police officer examiner, who knows what hes doing and is a trained expert in seeing through bullshit, designed to not only test your knowledge but to test your temperament. Imagine applying for a job where you have to sit 25/30 interviews before being employed. Thats what a bc driver does. Then before buying or renting a cab, you have your documents examined again, and the original licence kept by the taxi proprietor until the cab is returned. Now compare that to ph, who do a DBS check, or get a letter of good conduct.......easy to forge especially if the driver comes from a third world war torn country with a bent embassy official, gets a cheap plastic badge, buys a car on ebay with a green roundel already in it, and gets let loose on young pretty drunk women, who are better looking than they would ever in their wildest dreams, get to have sex with. What could possibly go wrong.

james willmott-brown

Multiple face to face appearances in front of an ex police officer examiner, who knows what hes doing and is a trained expert in seeing through bullshit, designed to not only test your knowledge but to test your temperament. Imagine applying for a job where you have to sit 25/30 interviews before being employed. Thats what a bc driver does. Then before buying or renting a cab, you have your documents examined again, and the original licence kept by the taxi proprietor until the cab is returned. Now compare that to ph, who do a DBS check, or get a letter of good conduct.......easy to forge especially if the driver comes from a third world war torn country with a bent embassy official, gets a cheap plastic badge, buys a car on ebay with a green roundel already in it, and gets let loose on young pretty drunk women, who are better looking than they would ever in their wildest dreams, get to have sex with. What could possibly go wrong.
Evening Harold.

You’ve got a very dirty perverse mind!

Jason01

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The BC point you made is well explained for a change I actually learnt something new on here.

I noticed you mentioned PH as a whole in your point and I agree.

If you work for Uber you get caught out a lot more with the rating system/reporting by customers.

Unfortunately a lot of scum are now at PH offices.

Anyway good points

Christopher1

Oh it want's another bite of the cherry does it?,..not a problem although I had hoped the lavazza instant might have kicked in now,...me? I'm a £6 cup of the good stuff & all round aficionado of the black-beans - that means imported directly from outside of brazil FYI,....doctor??,,..dreamer?,,..more tales?,...your in need of a refresher of life's unpleasantries I can see,....you know like swanning about in your parallel universe unlike the rest of us who know full well the capabilities of our criminal fraternity & yes that does include the elephant in the room,....namely it takes just one wrongun to slip through for a trade to be tarnished,....that you don't acknowledge the weakness of any human who is presented with a sack of cash so to speak to go bent overnight is clearly to do with your dated mindset & living in a bubble back when you left your front & back door open whilst you popped out for half a day & still had all your bits as they were before you'd left,....nope your like edwina curry on wife swap alright - 'out of place,....& does it show?,...oh it shows alright,.....errrr now what we got then?,....'rouge',...& 'mechanic',....'working in a garage',....something starting to come out now,....you pick a lock with a steady hand & you'll get a pull on the handle every time hey,.....your a handful alright, of that I concede & fair play to your keeper for suffering your relentlessness,....it's an honourable trait to pursue & hold on but not when the rabbit ain't in the mouth it's not,,...you'll find that as you seek a new angle to pursue me further you'll be confronted with your worst nightmare,....what? a case of non alcoholic prosecco delivered by error left on your doorstep?,....nah - more precisely of what I've actually said & the fallibility of mankind,....your throwing arrows alright,....but you'll not catch my bullseye anytime soon,....and as that seems to put this woeful attempt to an end & you 'queen bee - finally to bed,...well I'll be on my way and I suspect if your as bright as you might be given your preponderance to a cheeky uweee & sinister grin that says 'I'm the duchess round ere & I might let you rank or I might very well not',....in your flashy loader,....then frankly madam you'll be well advised to leave this here,.....that said a trait with all 'queen bees,,..it does seem they need the last word and you can't get away from your dominant streak,,...it creeps up on you after time does it?,...yeah I bet it does & all,....well 'queen bee,..- away you go 'the mic is all yours,...but don't expect me to bite back again,....I know when I've battered my fish and yes it does take years to purrrfect,....well come on then - we're all waiting, so do let us know won't you?,....hmmmm,....at last it's come to it senses has it,....good & don't bloody well dig me out no more then!!!!!!

I'm off for me brunch now & it ain't gonna be cheap or tasteless neither,....I pay all my own credit card bills & all with lovely lunches & nice bits in the most finest of establishments & yeah it's all for the rest of my working life,....speaking of which I best get and do some,....I doubt you know what work is,.....yeah you sound the type for sure,...you know the typical "kept women who knows the filling of baskets & yet the price of nothing as it's all on its significant others platinum's,....ahhh ultra pleased for you 'queen bee - but I'll be buying all my bits me self & add to that for the rest of my working life,....it's a novelty grafting - do try it won't yer & let us all know how you found it,...now that will be that & im finished with you,....until next time 'queen bee,..
Bipolar disorder, delusional having hallucinations and disturbed or illogical thinking.

Christopher1

With all the technology in the world avaliable why haven't the black cabbies adopted any procedures to protect the public from any potential rogue Black Cab Drivers, street hailing has a potential risk it only takes one wrongun.

We shouldn't forget black cabs are sold openly so what stops someone buying one and pretending to be a licensed driver!.
Post automatically merged:

Its not the arguing or bet you are having Paul its the fact Mr ex cabbie is trying to keep that thread going.
Remember what they said about computers and the savings that would be made on paper and forests, well thats the same for Uber drivers technology helps Uber drivers navigate, whilst fiddling with there phone not able to properly converse or safely drive around a crowded city like London. You will never understand how a cab is registered or the complexity of the knowledge unless you experience the process.
Almost daily you hear about an Uber driver with allegations of rape and assault around the globe, hence the 600 jobs at Uber just to follow up on such cases. It maybe hard to accept the facts for a lot of honourable drivers but the truth is there for all. This article below shows the toxic side of Uber and its neglect on law and regulations, the reason you even have a job here in London.

BorisPower

Remember what they said about computers and the savings that would be made on paper and forests, well thats the same for Uber drivers technology helps Uber drivers navigate, whilst fiddling with there phone not able to properly converse or safely drive around a crowded city like London. You will never understand how a cab is registered or the complexity of the knowledge unless you experience the process.
Almost daily you hear about an Uber driver with allegations of rape and assault around the globe, hence the 600 jobs at Uber just to follow up on such cases. It maybe hard to accept the facts for a lot of honourable drivers but the truth is there for all. This article below shows the toxic side of Uber and its neglect on law and regulations, the reason you even have a job here in London.

Ok lets put it to the vote.

You arrange it, cos i don't have a point to prove. You think you have.

Go arrange a survey of Uber Riders in area you choose.

Ask them a simple question such as ''Do you feel safe in an Uber Car?''

After you get the results, be a gentleman, and post the results on here.

Thanks buddy.

You wont do it for 2 reasons.

1. Your not capable.

2. Your scared of being proven wrong.

I personally know the answer to any such vote.

(clown)

imcharlyaintcheap

Bipolar disorder, delusional having hallucinations and disturbed or illogical thinking.
Is that what the custody sargant read out at the front desk when they booked you in - before you escaped?

Yes it was wasn't it,...oh well let's hope the white coats nab you before you injure yourself with a pencil hey...

Christopher1

Ok lets put it to the vote.

You arrange it, cos i don't have a point to prove. You think you have.

Go arrange a survey of Uber Riders in area you choose.

Ask them a simple question such as ''Do you feel safe in an Uber Car?''

After you get the results, be a gentleman, and post the results on here.

Thanks buddy.

You wont do it for 2 reasons.

1. Your not capable.

2. Your scared of being proven wrong.

I personally know the answer to any such vote.

(clown)
Im sure we both agree regulation is for the protection of the public at large. The popularity of Uber is cheap subsidised prices linked with quick availability. For some women, but not all using an Uber they probably feel a little uneasy when they are alone but quite safe when accompanied. I don't think any women travelling alone in an Uber would ever think she is going to be sexually assaulted. Metropolitan police (Bellamy) statistics for 2017 showed one sexual rape and assault buy an Uber driver every 7 days in London alone and went on to say that only 10% of such crimes never get reported. This story was highlighted amongst other issues all over the press and initiated TFL to revoke Ubers license. No women expects its going to be her, it will always be someone else she reads about in the papers.
If women never hear about such statistics they are non the wiser. The recent case last month about Uber not deactivating a Uber driver after an alleged assault then went on to rape again and that story never really hit the wider press.

The government along with regulators and investors do not want these stories circulating for obvious reasons. Remember Uber are on probation and the same thing has just happened again rape, and Uber not notifying the relevant bodies. If Uber loose there London license it wipes $billions of there share price.

Ping hunter

But its not any additional security checks is it. It's still the same enhanced background check.

Have as many interviews as you want they're not sat there trying to figure out, whether the person in front of them is a rapist or a bomber. They're judging whether or not the person infront of them is competent enough to execute what is a skilled job.

It's a moot point really and any argument that one is subjected to more safety checks than the over is strictly not accurate.

Could the tfl do more to raise the standard of entry of ph's within the CC zone? Yes and they should in my opinion.

Harold Shand

But its not any additional security checks is it. It's still the same enhanced background check.

Have as many interviews as you want they're not sat there trying to figure out, whether the person in front of them is a rapist or a bomber.
Actually yes they are. The Kol is as much a temperament test as it is a knowledge test. If you'd ever had an appearance you would know that. They know exactly how to wind you up and gauge your reaction. Unless you've been through it, you'll never understand, and I can tell you don't get it from your comment, so no point explaining.

Bettysmalls

Have as many interviews as you want they're not sat there trying to figure out, whether the person in front of them is a rapist or a bomber. They're judging whether or not the person infront of them is competent enough to execute what is a skilled job.

It's a moot point really and any argument that one is subjected to more safety checks than the over is strictly not accurate.

Could the tfl do more to raise the standard of entry of ph's within the CC zone? Yes and they should in my opinion.
Lol you actually have no idea what happens in a appearance, no it’ll never know weather you are a bomber or rapist , but they test your attitude to quite a high level , many people never get through the appearance stage due to this , they may get thrown off or just walk off them selves , once they find a weakness in you they’ll play on it , winding you up on every appearance till you crack , then you’ll get the “I don’t think you are quite ready to drive a Taxi are you Mr Hunter let’s call this your last appearance “ and your card never gets returned to you .

Christopher1

Lol you actually have no idea what happens in a appearance, no it’ll never know weather you are a bomber or rapist , but they test your attitude to quite a high level , many people never get through the appearance stage due to this , they may get thrown off or just walk off them selves , once they find a weakness in you they’ll play on it , winding you up on every appearance till you crack , then you’ll get the “I don’t think you are quite ready to drive a Taxi are you Mr Hunter let’s call this your last appearance “ and your card never gets returned to you .
You only have to look at past statistics to realise the differences between a London cabbie and private hire. So what is it about London cabbies safety record, compared to PH drivers. It's the attitudes of students and examiners combined with years of studies, resulting in the best taxis in the world. For anyone to try and make an argument can only have an hidden agenda or a great dislike for regulated cabbies.