1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Black Cabbies are bunch of racist and impatient

Discussion in 'London' started by galaxyshine80, Sep 11, 2015.

1. galaxyshine80

galaxyshine80

Don't you think black cabbies are bunch of racist against Uber driver, most of the time impatience and horn you from the back whenever you stop to pick up or drop off passengers

2. snoodles88

snoodles88

Yes, i had one call me a "3rd world ****". Would have decked the piece of **** if there werent cameras and witnesses around.

About stopping to pick up or drop off passengers, i do it on purpose because there were countless times they stopped in front of me (as a cabbie and in my personal car) so carry on. They dont like it whens its done to them the wankers.

3. Amb

Amb

Two vehicles I do NOT follow behind are a Bus and A Taxi.

4. D1991

D1991

i find that they wait if u pick up they should know ita part of the game

Ubend R.S. likes this.
  5. Kareem69

Kareem69

That's probably because we're not allowed in bus lanes

6. Dubs666

Dubs666

Driving:
    UberX
    When I first started cabbing I learnt it's quite helpful following a taxi

7. Amb

Amb

Well...I used to follow buses as long as it was NOT out of service!;)

8. Ubend R.S.

Ubend R.S.

Yep sounds racist to me.

9. igor l

igor l

Driving:
    UberTAXI
    They dont even see your face.
    We gonna implement some Racist attacks on Uber Background !
    Why this Taxi driver is racist to you ?
    Because he horn at meeeeeeeeeeee Beeeeppp Beeeeepppp !!!
    Hilarious !

Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
    Ubend R.S. likes this.
  10. black cabies horn at you because they are 80% english and they upset because you emigrants come to their country and still their clients

emigrants are allowed to come but not to work as ph . they want you all to work in building, cleaning, and other sclave jobs. and then in weekend to go out and drink and spend some money in central london and rest of money to pay black cabs to get you back home

Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
    Bobbycab2002 and taxiapplover like this.
  11. voodooman

voodooman

RACE CARD Johnnies

12. voodooman

voodooman

Oh and pooballs when are you going to make a post without swearing? It belittles you and UBER but far worse it demeans Travis the man who gives you a reason to live Get a grip.

Sacto Burbs likes this.
  13. UberLuxbod

UberLuxbod Moderator

Driving:
    UberLUX
    You can't say all Black Cabs are racist or indeed anti Uber.

Some may well be but you can't take everyone with the same brush.

That's as stupid as some BlackCab drivers saying all PH are immigrants that can't find their own arse without a SatNav. Completely ignoring that fact that many London PH have lived in London all their life and also that a drivers ethnicity is not the only factor to be considered when assessing competency.

Yes there are large numbers of PH that are new to PH and new to Londons roads, due to the fact that many tend to head into Central London due to not knowing any different then they appear to be everywhere, especially if you drive in Central London all the time.

Drive4fun likes this.
  14. voodooman

voodooman

By the way Race Card johnnies the bloke most cab drivers would like to see represent the Trade is Courtney Connell who is black....

15. Dubs666

Dubs666

Driving:
    UberX
    I guess the EDL ain't racist then as they have black people and Sihks in there groups

16. UberLuxbod

UberLuxbod Moderator

Driving:
    UberLUX
    Voodooman with respect you just have to read the Twitter posts and comments by Cabbies to see there is indeed a section that are bigoted and racist.

I have been shown some screen grabs of some iffy comments on the London taxi driver forum as well.

Courtney Connell is indeed one of the biggest assets that the London Cab Trade has.

17. UberLuxbod

UberLuxbod Moderator

Driving:
    UberLUX
    I would point out that it is not only White people that are racist.

Why not go to some other countries and see how immigrants are thought of and treated.

Recent case in SA where a group of Policeman killed an immigrant Taxi driver by towing him along behind a Police Vehicle. Did they do that because the Taxi driver was Black? No they did it because he was an immigrant.

As a left field example a foreigner can't own land in Thailand. Hence why many foreign property owners have apartments.

And in some countries businesses can't be fully owned by foreigners you need a local to own a certain amount. Is that racist? Or is it protectionist? Or are they two sides to the same coin?

Are Australians racist for being extremely strict on immigration?

Many EDL are certainly not the sharpest tool in the box and certainly some will be racist.

But racism is not just a "white" thing. And being concerned about how immigration is affecting your country is also not racist. If you were to say that all Black or Asian immigrants were bad for your country that could be considered Racist.

If you were to say that widespread unskilled immigration was detrimental to the indigenous population whose livelihood was being directly affected by those prepared to work for less then you wouldn't be racist. IMHO.

Consider the money that a skilled tradesman made back when there was a shortage of skilled workers. Harry Enfield had a character based on this stereotype. After loads of EE skilled workers entered the UK wages were pushed down.

The people who gained from this tended to be the rich.

The same thing is now happening with the unskilled.

What is historically one of the best paying unskilled occupations? That's right PH and Courier work. Taxi work is pretty much the same as PH work as far as skills and knowledge goes outside London. In London the Taxi trade should really be considered a skilled occupation in the same way as a Plumber or Sparks.

If PH and courier wages are pushed down it will be the rich that benefit mainly.

Back in the 80's and 90's a good courier could make £500 a week easy, the best even more. Same applies to PH. Damon Hill financed his early motorcycle racing career using money earned as a Courier.

Now 20/30 years later the wages have hardly changed. You have loads of workers doing 40/50/60 hour weeks and needing their money topped up with Tax Credits.

That money comes from Tax payers, but it also increases profitability of large Companies who also employ unskilled workers.

All subsidised by the Tax Payer, let's not forget that most wealthy people spend huge sums of money employing lawyers and accountants to reduce their tax liabilities.

Anyway, rant over I am going for a cup of tea....

snoodles88 and Sylvester like this.
  18. Realityshark

Realityshark

Park in front of cabs... It's fun! I love parking in cab stands. They get so pissed. It's good sporting fun!

Taz7 likes this.
  19. voodooman

voodooman

Reality the uber is sitting on a Taxi stand cracking one off while saying im a real Taxi im a real Taxi

Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
  20. Brain dead

Brain dead

Very odd !!