1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

black cab drivers

Discussion in 'London' started by D1991, Sep 6, 2015.

1. D1991

D1991

how long is the wait at heathrow ? and what happens if u get a job from t3 to raddison hotel etc do you get ahead of the que when you come back ?

2. 3-4 hours in the feeder Park, I believe.

If you get a job and can get back within an hour you can bypass the feeder Park queue.

3. voodooman

voodooman

Pointless it is not the holy grail more holy grave just full of drivers that are institutionalised and are Traffic shot.Waiting time sometimes 5 hrs I hear.

The only time I worked it was 1985 when the pound and dollar were the same ..in and out within 45minutes to an hour and no charge to get in either ,it was fantastic apart from no agents so the rugby scrum was rough to make sure you didnt get offloaded with a rubbish job ie " that driver there does the locals" etc etc you had to be able to look after yourself :)

Ubend R.S., Sylvester and snoodles88 like this.
  4. Brain dead

Brain dead

Your full of **** mate

HvyGear likes this.
  5. snoodles88

snoodles88

Its "you're", not your, you numpty.

HvyGear likes this.
  6. in heathrow the only chance to get a job quick is to go just 1 min after the muslim pray session starts.

HvyGear likes this.
  7. voodooman

voodooman

Brain dead ,if I am its because I have been absorbing your posts.

8. braindead. if u worked in 1985. dont u think is time for u to retire and relax at home?

give some space to young drivers which need money for start the life.

thanks

9. D1991

D1991

how much do they charge to get in the feeder park ?

10. voodooman

voodooman

Not sure nowadays think its around £6 and you can put £3 on the extras which passenger pays,something around that mark

11. HvyGear

HvyGear

Lmao, the way you dropped that on him. XD. I'm cracking up. Hahahaha.

I was reading his post thinking wtf is he on about? Then i read your reply, cracked me up.

Anyways what is feeder park? Newbie question, hey better a fool for 5 mins than forever, huh?

12. It's where black taxis wait if they want to pick up at Heathrow, before they drive to the terminals.

Can be hundreds of cabs there with waiting time in the hours.

At least they have an organised (I'd believe) queueing system, unlike Uber.

13. snoodles88

snoodles88

Just cos the thread is called black taxi drivers I thought id post this here.

They are ****ing arseholes. I was at a pedestrian crossing, the green man is displayed but this **** of a taxi driver decides to stop ON the crossing. Had to walk around his pile of **** after calling him a ****. No wonder most normal people cant stand the selfish bastards.

Drive4fun likes this.
  14. Drive4fun

Drive4fun

Mate, you sound rude but right!
    A lot of them are as you describe, now the punishment from God is called:
    Uber

15. voodooman

voodooman

Your cracking up and all that ha ha ha stuff yet you dont know what your laughing at? Sounds like a UBER driver allright

16. Ubend R.S.

Ubend R.S.

yet they have the utmost respect for uber drivers.

and the administrators are low skilled, over worked and underpaid with wrongly placed attitude.

17. TwoFiddyMile

TwoFiddyMile

Driving:
    Taxi
    3 to 5 hours in the airport queue? Screw that. In that time you could potentially get 3 more jobs to the airport.

18. D1991

D1991

they can get a 100£ job easily in 1 ride

HvyGear likes this.
  19. Bobbycab2002

Bobbycab2002

Ha ha good one!