Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

Biggest tip?

3K views 48 replies 25 participants last post by  billm 
#1 ·
so I got 20 in cash tonight.

Yesterday....was unreal though. 34.00 ride.

This guy was acting like a JERK. picked him up in Pinole, quick drive to Berkley.

He was asking all kinds of weird questions.

I seriously thought he was messing with me..

He gets out at stop. I thanked him even though he slammed the door and didn't say a word.

I most down rated him but I still 5 stared him.

I dunno.

Im a sucker like that.

I RARELY downrate....

ANYWAYS less than two minutes later...maybe three...

The uber green tip showed up.

I was like...ok....wtf....but ok.

Looked like 8 dollars. 34 dollar ride.

.....but...there were too many zeros.

I did a double take.

I couldn't believe it.

34 dollar and 50 cent trip.

3 zeros.

EIGHTY DOLLAR TIP!

anyone ever had something like that happen?

This was a first.

I was like,wow.

See less See more
#9 ·

This guy was acting like a JERK. picked him up in Pinole, quick drive to Berkley.

He gets out at stop. I thanked him even though he slammed the door and didn't say a word.

I dunno.

Im a sucker like that.

I RARELY downrate....

I did a double take.

I couldn't believe it.

3 zeros.

EIGHTY DOLLAR TIP!

This was a first.

I was like,wow.
You can't tell us there were a bunch of weird questions and not include those weird questions in the post. Come on, man, make with the questions.

#10 ·
I got a very big pile of cash after I turned something into lost and found at the cab company.

I got a note to go see operations and there was a check waiting for me.

More zeroes than I ever expected to see.

5 zeroes.

$1,000.00

Turns out I turned in a $100,000 piece of jewelery that I thought was gaudy costume jewelry.

This ain't gold, those arnt gems...

this came out or a crackerjack box or something...

This is way too big and way too heavy to be real...

#13 ·

I dunno.

Im a sucker like that.

I RARELY downrate....

I did a double take.

I couldn't believe it.

3 zeros.

EIGHTY DOLLAR TIP!

This was a first.

I was like,wow.
Picked up an entitled businessman at Newark Airport (NJ) and right from the start he was an obnoxious PITA.

"Where's your iPhone charging cord?"

"Do you have any water?"

"Which route are you taking?"

I remained professional, gritting my teeth and plastering a smile on my face to veil my growing ire. It wasn't a terribly long trip, but about 30 miles, or so, and at a 2.0 surge.

Then he reached forward quickly, and attempted to open the lid of my center console, muttering impatiently about needing a charger for his phone. For the record, I'm an Android Gal. I don't have the fifty million different chargers I'd have to carry around to accommodate all the different iPhone versions people use!

Then, suddenly, as we're getting onto the highway, he reaches forward and grabs the lid of my center console to open it, muttering about tge charger...

I slammed the lid down, and slapped his hand HARD before he could yank it back, and told him if he didn't mind his manners he'd be left on the side of the road in a rather bad section of the city.

We rode in silence the rest of the way to his large, stately home. When we got there, I got out to open the back so he could pull out his bags. He handed me a bill for my tip and thanked me for the ride and wished me a good evening.

I got in the car, looked at the bill. A fifty. Then I checked my trip details for my numbers and found he left me ANOTHER $50 there, and then a comment came up...

"Cute driver 😊"

I guess, for all his "Captain of Industry" attitude, in his personal life he's a sub.

#16 ·
I got a ride that seemed normal at first, about 10-15 minutes, quiet ride, dropped the guy off at his stop and took off. Was heading back to the downtown when I get his request again when I’m about 2-3 minutes away, so I turn around and go get him. Turns out the wife and him were arguing so he wants to go to his shop and sleep. Said he’s got everything all setup there. On the way there he’s like I gotta stop at 7-11, want to pick up a couple of beers first. So I’m like ok, stop at the 7-11 and he goes in, comes out two minutes later and says I forgot my wallet. So then I take him to his shop, about two short blocks away he runs in and gets his wallet, we drive back to the 7-11 and he goes in. He comes back out with a 4 pack of beer, probably Guinness and hands me I couple of bills, I though he was going to give me a $10 or $20 at most, gave me three $20 dollar bills. Definitely surprised me and wasn’t expecting that 😎

#17 ·
I got a ride that seemed normal at first, about 10-15 minutes, quiet ride, dropped the guy off at his stop and took off. Was heading back to the downtown when I get his request again when I'm about 2-3 minutes away, so I turn around and go get him. Turns out the wife and him were arguing so he wants to go to his shop and sleep. Said he's got everything all setup there. On the way there he's like I gotta stop at 7-11, want to pick up a couple of beers first. So I'm like ok, stop at the 7-11 and he goes in, comes out two minutes later and says I forgot my wallet. So then I take him to his shop, about two short blocks away he runs in and gets his wallet, we drive back to the 7-11 and he goes in. He comes back out with a 4 pack of beer, probably Guinness and hands me I couple of bills, I though he was going to give me a $10 or $20 at most, gave me three $20 dollar bills. Definitely surprised me and wasn't expecting that 😎
Did you go buy drugs ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.