• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE
Inshur

Big Victory For Uber As TfL Back Down On Crack Down

Hogster

Who do you reckon will pay the £11.50 daily congestion charges?

Uber or it's drivers?

I know who my money is on!

SultanKhan

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Who do you reckon will pay the £11.50 daily congestion charges?

Uber or it's drivers?

I know who my money is on!
I am sure the rates per mile will go up if drivers are forced to pay the congestion charge. I don't expect Uber to subsidise congestion charge completely but they will be very stupid if they put the whole burden on the drivers.

Hogster

I am sure the rates per mile will go up if drivers are forced to pay the congestion charge. I don't expect Uber to subsidise congestion charge completely but they will be very stupid if they put the whole burden on the drivers.
I suppose that increasing mileage rates will take care of the full timer drivers in town.

For the occasional town run from the suburbs I would just have to cancel job as it ain't going to be worth it.
I can't see the tight plonkers out here paying an extra £11.50. Lol

Sniper

So no more Uber surcharge rip offs as all fares will be "estimate guaranteed" means fixed fare.
Passenger will need to enter the destination and app will calculate a fixed fare (so no more going long way trips or happily sitting in the traffic) as drivers won't get anything extra. In other words much lower earnings for the driver.
Obviously fares will be higher during peak times, but if the driver get lost customers won't be paying for their mistakes.
Also loads of aggravation from the passengers who wish to carry on journey outside initialy entered destination. Drivers won't be going that further distance as they won't get paid.

So great news for passengers, but not so good for the drivers. Answer to it will be rising uber fare rates....so customers will leave as they won't be so competitive anymore. Or....drivers go on hunger strike outside Aldgate office.

What really worries me is that now London will be a race track as all uber partners will be racing to get their passengers as quick as possible to their destination (no more waiting time will be paid)

SultanKhan

Part timers will be over the moon if Uber increases the mileage rates as congestion charge won't effect them because most of them work out of CC operating time anyway.

SultanKhan

So no more Uber surcharge rip offs as all fares will be "estimate guaranteed" means fixed fare.
Passenger will need to enter the destination and app will calculate a fixed fare (so no more going long way trips or happily sitting in the traffic) as drivers won't get anything extra. In other words much lower earnings for the driver.
Obviously fares will be higher during peak times, but if the driver get lost customers won't be paying for their mistakes.
Also loads of aggravation from the passengers who wish to carry on journey outside initialy entered destination. Drivers won't be going that further distance as they won't get paid.

So great news for passengers, but not so good for the drivers. Answer to it will be rising uber fare rates....so customers will leave as they won't be so competitive anymore. Or....drivers go on hunger strike outside Aldgate office.

What really worries me is that now London will be a race track as all uber partners will be racing to get their passengers as quick as possible to their destination (no more waiting time will be paid)
I will be more worried about 'fixed rate calculation' as that will make the app more like a meter.......

Jack Dunphy

Or setting themselves on fire outside Uber office

Hayes

Not stopping the issue of PCO licence , then to reduce numbers charge congestion charge .

What exactly mayor of London wants

SultanKhan

I said that in another thread ages ago that TFL will NEVER do anything to harm Uber. That 5 min wait could have been a game changer for Uber but again they have proved that money talks. TFL is in bed with Uber big time and as an Uber driver it is not good news because that means Uber will be able to bully drivers even more.