Big discounts at UNLV School of Dental Medicine.

Drivincrazy

If any of you need dental work, check out UNLV SDM located at West Charleston and Shadow Lane, just west of I-15. Student dentists do the work; they are closely supervised by experienced faculty.
It takes about double the time in the chair. The savings are around 65%. The quality of care is very high. Any thing needing an extra opinion and multiple doctors are there. The latest in technology is to be found there including numbing injections. It is pretty much pain-free. They do everything and need patients for student-dentists.
I highly recommend.

Drivincrazy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
This is an opportunity to find out...take care of your teeth, you'll be glad you did.

JethroBodine

If any of you need dental work, check out UNLV SDM located at West Charleston and Shadow Lane, just west of I-15. Student dentists do the work; they are closely supervised by experienced faculty.
It takes about double the time in the chair. The savings are around 65%. The quality of care is very high. Any thing needing an extra opinion and multiple doctors are there. The latest in technology is to be found there including numbing injections. It is pretty much pain-free. They do everything and need patients for student-dentists.
I highly recommend.
What did you have done? What were the costs?

Drivincrazy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I got an implant with a new crown for $1,170 that included a 3D color x-ray that actually shows your jawbone. I had an estimate from a private practice that was $3,900 for the same implant. Crowns cost about $470. Extractions about $42. Cavities with color matching filling about $170.
I had several fillings done and two root canals but I can't recall the cost on those. In total, I spent about $4,100. That included three teeth cleanings which cost about $50 each time.
I figure I saved about $8,500. The trade-off is the extra...double the time in the chair...but with highly experienced faculty always nearby; you receive high quality care.
Signing up is easy enough. You must be seen first for a teeth exam that begins a complete restoration plan/program. You will be assigned a student-dentist. If you think your teeth need attention, don't hesitate, go.

JethroBodine

I got an implant with a new crown for $1,170 that included a 3D color x-ray that actually shows your jawbone. I had an estimate from a private practice that was $3,900 for the same implant. Crowns cost about $470. Extractions about $42. Cavities with color matching filling about $170.
I had several fillings done and two root canals but I can't recall the cost on those. In total, I spent about $4,100. That included three teeth cleanings which cost about $50 each time.
I figure I saved about $8,500. The trade-off is the extra...double the time in the chair...but with highly experienced faculty always nearby; you receive high quality care.
Signing up is easy enough. You must be seen first for a teeth exam that begins a complete restoration plan/program. You will be assigned a student-dentist. If you think your teeth need attention, don't hesitate, go.
Thanks

NowWeAllBroke

I highly recommend.
While this post is both completely unrelated to ride share and kinda sounds like a commercial ... it's probably good advice for those who need dental work and who are on a tight budget. Thanks for the post.