Big Bucks, No Whammies?

MHR

Since many cities and states are still in lockdown and big events have been canceled is anyone going to try to bring in the big bucks by doing deliveries this weekend? In my territory deliveries have been notoriously horrible on holiday weekends but this year I don’t see the locals doing the big cookouts and parties that usually take place so maybe that opens the door for a busy delivery day?

For those in areas that are open for business will y’all be driving the bar crowd and restaurant-goers to their festivities? The bars and rivers are opening here and restaurants are allowed to increase to 50% capacity, the tourists have already arrived. Would that be enough to get you out the door?

What does the situation look like where you are and what's your big holiday weekend strategy in this New Era?

ariel5466

Haven't driven since March 15th and there's really no point. While the rest of my state went into Phase 1 reopening last week, my city and NoVA are still in complete shutdown until the end of May. The only rides I'd probably get are grocery store runs, and eff that. I haven't wanted to do delivery because I don't like how you don't know where you're delivering to until after you pick up the food. I'm not parking my car and getting out of it in my city's public housing projects. People get robbed and shot there every day.

CJfrom619

Since many cities and states are still in lockdown and big events have been canceled is anyone going to try to bring in the big bucks by doing deliveries this weekend? In my territory deliveries have been notoriously horrible on holiday weekends but this year I don’t see the locals doing the big cookouts and parties that usually take place so maybe that opens the door for a busy delivery day?

For those in areas that are open for business will y’all be driving the bar crowd and restaurant-goers to their festivities? The bars and rivers are opening here and restaurants are allowed to increase to 50% capacity, the tourists have already arrived. Would that be enough to get you out the door?

What does the situation look like where you are and what's your big holiday weekend strategy in this New Era?
Yes the demand for delivery has been very good down here since the stimulus check came out. I think demand has even picked up a bit since UE money has started to come the last few weeks which makes even less drivers out there.

This weekend should be really good. Im expecting around $25-30/hour profit for this entire weekend down here.

UbaBrah

I don't do meal deliveries anymore. But Instacart has been awesome for me lately, and this week particularly, even just a few hours a day between my regular obligations. Taking a few days off though, going to hit the blue ridge mountains with my lady friend next week and clear my mind a bit. I take on so much in general that my head spins if I'm not careful.

ariel5466

But Instacart has been awesome for me lately, and this week particularly, even just a few hours a day between my regular obligations.
How much do you make per IC order? From what I've heard it just doesn't pay enough for the time involved and having to deal with the hassles at the grocery stores.

Taking a few days off though, going to hit the blue ridge mountains with my lady friend next week and clear my mind a bit.
The Blue Ridge mountains are so beautiful! I lived near Front Royal, VA for a little over a year and while it was way too rural as a place to live for me, I loved how close we were to Skyline Drive. I knew the Appalachian mountains stretched far but I never realized that the Blue Ridge stretched down to SC.

UbaBrah

How much do you make per IC order? From what I've heard it just doesn't pay enough for the time involved and having to deal with the hassles at the grocery stores.

The Blue Ridge mountains are so beautiful! I lived near Front Royal, VA for a little over a year and while it was way too rural as a place to live for me, I loved how close we were to Skyline Drive. I knew the Appalachian mountains stretched far but I never realized that the Blue Ridge stretched down to SC.
I think the people telling you that just don't want the extra competition. Sure, many batches are $9-15 but I avoid those if I can. I do pick up $30-50 jobs quite often, and do about 500-600 a week part time. I don't qualify for unemployment, so this on top of my regular income is pretty good at the moment.

I actually find it more profitable than Uber because I'm not running my nicer car into the ground. I do very few miles relative to Uber, and I do the deliveries in my second car, which is a paid-off beater so there's virtually no depreciation. Most people ordering live within 3 miles or so of the grocery store, and that works nicely because I'd rather put the wear and tear on my legs than either of my vehicles if I can help it. I haven't been able to go to the gym so it's a nice way to stay fit.

And no, the mountains don't really come down to SC, we're going up to NC. Stunning up there. I can't wait.

ariel5466

Actually, you are told / shown the destination address, in addition to the base amount of the delivery.
Pre-COVID whenever I had Uber Eats on accidentally and I would get a request it would tell me where the restaurant was but not the final location of the delivery.

SHalester

this weekend same as the last, and the last, and the last, and the last all the way to March. No difference. Still SAH, nothing really opened here; unless you count curb side PU for retail stores.
Monday will be just like every other day: another Saturday.....

Another Uber Driver

While some of the suburbs are easing restrictions, in the District of Columbia, we are still under lock down. The Mayor has announced the easing of some restrictions next week.

I am going to keep hauling passengers. I did turn ON Fubar Cheats a couple of times, but, none of the deliveries that it showed me made any economic sense, so I turned it OFF. It was costing me my Mario-Kart passenger surges when I declined Cheats jobs.

Lissetti

Rebel Honey Badger
Article Manager
My cousin just came back from the local Korean Grocer and Kroger. He says the stores are packed with folks buying barbecue supplies. Ribs, chicken, burgers, hot dogs, buns, corn on the cob, pork n beans... as well as red, white and blue Memorial Day themed products and party supplies. My cousin says their carts were overloaded, like they were cooking for a lot of people (or hoarding 😒)

My guess is if they are cooking a lot of food, then they are expecting guests. People have been cooped up for months. This is the first national holiday and folks are looking for some sense of norm. For that reason I would not be surprised if there was an increase on Pax taking U/L on Memorial Day.

UberXking

been drivivg full time for over six years
couple things about delivery
easy to get hired
no IQ test
same goes for people movers but 7 years ago we were being paid
$40 hour guaranteed for every minute logged on. just waiting for a request.
This is an easy gig You want delivery to be profitable but few track every minute engaged in the work process.

How much do they pay you for waiting?
The richest man in the world subs out all his delivery because there is absolutely no money
in it. That is a PERIOD at the end of the sentence.
Don't do delivery. You are only making money for the restaurant/retailor, then 30% minimum for delivery company.
huntrip.PNG
huntrip.PNG
hunfiftytrip.PNG

goneubering

I’m not driving right now but I did see surge on the app yesterday. The weird thing is I never saw a surge over 2.0 which makes me wonder if Uber’s temporarily capping surge?